Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > News & Announcements

Old 13-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Experiencer
Be of good cheer...no need for a heavy heart...if our souls can't be destroyed, what harm can a computer do to us? You have worked over and above for us...and, as a proud owner of a soul myself, I thank you...
Old 16-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
It is with a heavy heart that I report the news that the SF backup from September 2010 has been lost by our former hosting company, easyspace.com

Are there any other backups of other dates that may exist that can be retrieved or is this the bottom line?
Old 16-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Administrator
Hello~~

Easyspace.com has told me that there are no other backups. I wish so much that there were. :( :(

I will be sure to keep everyone posted if we do find any sort of backup from Matt's laptop, which is currently in England. Since I have three copies of his laptop's contents here with me now, I don't think we will find anything more, but it doesn't hurt to try. The only backup that he had apprantly stored was the one from 2007.
Old 16-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Experiencer
Hi annonafox,

Bringing back SF in itself is a big relief.Though we have lost valuable data but we are all here again.......................once again we will built it up......

Regards,
Whitelotus
Old 16-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Master
In a strange way, I think it's quite amazing - how many people get to see creation like this twice?

Those who don't have backups I suppose - heehee.

Old 16-10-2010, 03:06 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Hello~~

Easyspace.com has told me that there are no other backups. I wish so much that there were. :( :(

I will be sure to keep everyone posted if we do find any sort of backup from Matt's laptop, which is currently in England. Since I have three copies of his laptop's contents here with me now, I don't think we will find anything more, but it doesn't hurt to try. The only backup that he had apprantly stored was the one from 2007.

It's a shame that SF went down the pan without a recent backup but that's history now and the website is as vibrant as before.

HealthyPages came back from a similar crash and is just as strong as it ever was.... Spiritualist Chatroom too if I remember correctly.

Fear not that SF will continue doing what it always did so well. It's the members who matter most, not the words they wrote.

Last edited by mac : 16-10-2010 at 03:49 PM.
Old 17-10-2010, 04:29 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Quote:
Mac: It's the members who matter most, not the words they wrote.

Well said!
Old 17-10-2010, 05:13 PM
iolite

So much for the fully redundant systems that easyspace advertises on their website. So who is hosting the forum now and what are the back up procedures now?
Old 17-10-2010, 07:54 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by iolite
So much for the fully redundant systems that easyspace advertises on their website. So who is hosting the forum now and what are the back up procedures now?

Try not to get sniffy about it - we get all this for free don't forget...

We don't realise how fortunate we are - even if the system isn't perfect.
Old 17-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Master
Maybe there was a reason all was lost, to start afresh. I've only been on this forum for a week and I love it and I think Matt would be proud and happy that it's starting to recconnect again.
Spiritlite