Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-10-2015, 09:34 PM
Knower

Non believers converted

Are any of you people who were initially completely set in your belief that after death, there is nothing? And yet, you've now been converted by an experience etc?
Old 18-10-2015, 10:00 PM
Master

I used to believe in nothing.

Multinuous experiences forced me to accept that the world indeed holds more than meets the eye. I do not think there is any way for me to go back to the first point again. But then, if I should turn out to be completely wrong and all my experiences be delusions, and that death truly ends it all... then I am going to be joyous. Neither the afterlife nor reincarnation seems all that great just because I have accepted their existence.
Old 19-10-2015, 03:07 PM
Knower

Interesting reply, mainly in that you don't seem desperate for an afterlife/reincarnation, but acknowledge your belief in one. Perhaps that's the general view of those who have had a changed perception regarding what happens next.

Personally, who knows that after life/reincarnation will be worth living anyway. I guess that's your view & I can understand that. People are desperate to hang on to life but most people aren't truly happy with their lot, so what is it that they are clinging to?
Old 20-10-2015, 01:53 PM
Ascender

Im still not convinced, despite a lot of reading and reliable testimonies from family members.

I think for me, the issue is that although 99% of people are more than likely sincere when it comes to reporting an experience, it cant be ruled out that it's an action of the brain that we don't quite understand as yet. Also the super psi theory seems more credible than survival. Also so many things compete rather than corroborate with each other such as the findings of life between lives regressionists ie the energy based afterlife with little in the way of physical form that is so at odds with channellers and mediums findings ie spirit guide sparrow.

Ive been very impressed with the OBE accounts of Robert Monroe, William Buhlman & especially Jurgen Ziewe but Ive also seen a programme with a neuroscientist saying that the electrical simulation of a certain part of the brain will result in this experience.

I just think there should be harder evidence by now. I think its difficult for me because I find it very difficult to believe in a God and really the two concepts seem very dependent on another. Its been shown by scientists that it is possible for something to arise from nothing so in that sort of a universe is there really another shot at existence.

I still remain open to it and maybe am even 60/40 in favour of it but it remains a long way off being a certainty. If it really is a natural, normal extension to life then it should be as detectable as puberty and old age.
Billions have died and yet still not provided firm proof!

People like Victor Zammit are admirable in their dedication but are too easily taken in by parlour tricks. This materialisation technique that conveniently only works under certain lighting conditions leaves me suspicious.

I think we are all frightened of death, are left heartbroken at losing a loved one, we simply HAVE to create an afterlife irrespective of the existence of one!!! And that is probably my greatest doubt in the idea of it all.
Old 20-10-2015, 02:44 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Im still not convinced, despite a lot of reading and reliable testimonies from family members.

I think for me, the issue is that although 99% of people are more than likely sincere when it comes to reporting an experience, it cant be ruled out that it's an action of the brain that we don't quite understand as yet.

*"warning, rant ahead" You would think science would be able to explain the OBE/NDE phenomena much more clearly than they do. Nothing personal metal. Its about the frustration so many people experience when experts, the "wind-up robots of the materialist paradigm rationalize their denials about any phenomena that might be outside their circle of expertise. "We just don't know right now", "it's just the brain concocting spurious stories". These are guesses, inferences and opinions. The OBE/NDE phenomena is so well documented with incredible detail and massive amounts of data and witnesses that seems to be avoided at any cost. At best the analysis is ****-poor analysis with little critical thinking and accompanied with broad dismissals.
Old 20-10-2015, 03:38 PM
Burntfruit

I genuinely believe all I have read about NDEs. When I hear their stories, I feel they are telling the truth. There is something honest about it. More honest than a lot of what we hear in the popular press.

I have also experience my own small shared death experience and among other things, I am a believer now. Whereas before death used to terrify me.

Now I only worry about missing things after I am gone, and settling my affairs.
Old 20-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Ive been very impressed with the OBE accounts of Robert Monroe, William Buhlman & especially Jurgen Ziewe but Ive also seen a programme with a neuroscientist saying that the electrical simulation of a certain part of the brain will result in this experience.

Was that pertaining to the 'God Helmet'? To my knowledge, the aspects of the NDE experience which Neuroscientists cannot account for and cannot recreate are the life review process with the special omni-awareness ability present, as well as the veridical and premonitory information which has been obtained...