Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 27-01-2012, 12:44 AM
hand415

Taoism, as a philosophy, promises practitioners a degree of immortality.
Immortality is defined in modern terms as: life to at least 100 years without disease or memory loss.
Teeth and hair intact, and satisfied with ones quality of life.
Typically at that age, one can observe four generations of children.
One may look up Li Ching Yun for a longer lived example.
He made it to 256, dying around 1933, and had an obituary in the New York Times newspaper.
Relatively rare, possibly impossible to repeat, but there are those who are trying.
Old 27-01-2012, 03:16 AM
Master
I've known some people who were physical immortalists. As adults they always looked about 35 no matter how long since they were born.

To say "it's not possible to live in this body for as long as you wish to be" is a limited view, in my opinion.

Who knows how we may learn to heal and rejuvenate the body as we become less conditioned, more conscious, and skilled in real magic.

Xan

Old 27-01-2012, 06:30 AM
sesheta

I tell people all the time that I'm immortal and refuse to die! And I also read somewhere that our body does renew itself basically in 7-year cycles; so after 7 years, there is not one single cell in our body that was there before...mind over matter (at least that's what I keep telling myself....)
As for the question of other planes/dimensions....maybe....if aliens, or ghosts, etc, can exist, then anything is possible, I say :)
Old 27-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Guide

On earth there are many indigenous people who reach very (very) high ages just naturally, some of them are far older then we would even guess. It's not that much magic, the average person just lives in a psychologically/physically very toxic environment. Your body has itself a really good healing capability, you can regrow many things pretty fast if your body can absorb the proper nutrients. Many enzymes and nutrients are effectively useless, because the receptors are blocked by toxins. When you thoroughly detox your body you can do some little wonders in healing. Some people don't even drink enough water, without knowing many diseases can be a result of that

@Bjoorka: Thank you for the links
Old 27-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas
@Bjoorka: Thank you for the links

*Bows* and says you are welcome. Remembered how fun I thought it was that USA only send "some guy with a beard" Did you know his birthday is The International Day of Awesomeness!

http://dayofawesomeness.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Who knows how we may learn to heal and rejuvenate the body as we become less conditioned, more conscious, and skilled in real magic.

In norse mythology the gods have an apple tree with fruits that can make them young. Maybe we can buy some of those apples or get our own tree ...

Quote:
On earth there are many indigenous people who reach very (very) high ages just naturally, some of them are far older then we would even guess. It's not that much magic, the average person just lives in a psychologically/physically very toxic environment. Your body has itself a really good healing capability, you can regrow many things pretty fast if your body can absorb the proper nutrients. Many enzymes and nutrients are effectively useless, because the receptors are blocked by toxins. When you thoroughly detox your body you can do some little wonders in healing. Some people don't even drink enough water, without knowing many diseases can be a result of that

Lately I saw an amazing doc on this subject called food matters. They talk about many things but the toxins is one of them. One lady says something about if the soil our food is grown in is not healthy then the food won't get healthy (or at least as healthy as it could be). Also states that a healthy body have an incredible skill to heal and fend off illness.

Quote:
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”
- Hippocrates
Old 27-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I've known some people who were physical immortalists. As adults they always looked about 35 no matter how long since they were born.

Hi Xan,
Do those immortalists still live on this planet?
Old 27-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Animus27

Quote:
I hoped to find a Chuck Norris joke in this thread.
Chuck Norris doesn't sleep; he waits.

Chuck Norris doesn't need a watch; he knows what time it is

When Chuck Norris swims, he doesn't get wet - water gets Chuck Norris.

When the Boogieman goes to sleep at night he checks underneath his bed for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris once roundhouse-kicked someone so hard his shoe flew off, broke the space-time barrier and hit Amelia Earhart as she was flying over the Pacific.
Old 27-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Do those immortalists still live on this planet?
No, they're dead!

Hey-oooooooooooo!
Old 27-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
I tell people all the time that I'm immortal and refuse to die! And I also read somewhere that our body does renew itself basically in 7-year cycles; so after 7 years, there is not one single cell in our body that was there before...mind over matter (at least that's what I keep telling myself....)
As for the question of other planes/dimensions....maybe....if aliens, or ghosts, etc, can exist, then anything is possible, I say :)
It is true that our bodies replace themselves more or less. But the process is weakened each time after we reach adulthood because our cells ability to replicate is diminished due to oxidation.

So, remember kids, if you want to live forever, just don't breathe.... Oh wait...
Old 27-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Cano

WoW! 256 year is a long time to live!

Cano