Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 26-12-2010, 01:40 PM
Sira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Hi Sira

"its our intent that counts.

:)
Yes.
Old 26-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Master
HUGS *** to Sira

:)
Old 26-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks all of you for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Sounds like most people feel we can all tune into spirit but when the time is right and the intent is there. I agree labels can get in the way sometimes.

There is a local spiritual development group that I'm considering going to but haven't made any definite decisions as yet because of my personal circumstances It is something I would really like to do but it might not be the right time. I will keep open and see.
Old 26-12-2010, 07:08 PM
glenos

My best advice is to go to the local Spiritualist Church, make some good contacts, and after a while quietly ask if there is a closed development circle locally. It'll take time so have patience. As others have said, you may make a better healer so be open and sincere with yourself because Spirit often engineer paths for you if you are serious about what you want to do and if the potential is there for mediumship. I think it's an incredible responsibility because there are those "upstairs" who want to communicate that life goes on and pass a message on to loved ones who may be still grieving, and also those who bring a more profound message of survival and teaching of the ways of the Spirit. Accuracy is all inevidential Mediumship and this often takes time to perfect. But boy oh boy there's nothing better than seeing a quality medium letting fly, and the faces of the ones getting the messages. Wonderful and priceless in every way.
Being a good healer is of great importance too. To bring the ease of suffering to another is working for Spirit in a lovely way. It takes less time to perfect (mainly) It can be used just about anywhere, and if you are good then the rewards are again wonderful and priceless. Also dont forget that many a good healer has progressed to Mediumship.

G
Old 27-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Serenity Bear

The answer Im afraid is NO, not everyone can be a medium.

Most of those who are mediums are born that way even if they come to it after severe long term illness or accident.

There are reasons for this:

1. The physical body needs to be a certain way to be able to deal with the energy used.

2. The persons mind needs to be a certain way to deal with the spirit who will come to guide, or bring messages. To weak a person would soon fall down.

3. The person needs to have a certain emotional make up to deal with the emotions that the spirit brings (ie the moments before their deaths, how they died etc).

4. The person needs to be able to cope with the 'awakenings' when their energy is increased to enable their mediumship to advance.

On top of this there is how the social family treat a medium etc.,

It is not an easy life, its very hard, so those who are born into it have to be a certain way.

Those who want to be mediums but are not born to it, sit for years in circles getting absolutely nothing at all - Iv seen it, they often go on to be great administrators in the church.

As said before everyone is psychic but not everyone is a medium.
Old 27-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Sira

Krhm. I gently disagree. Anything is possible when our thought patterns do not hinder us. To believe that not everyone can be a medium is already limiting the experience. I'd rather say: everything is possible. Believe.
Old 27-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Administrator
Hello

YES and we all are. What I think it is more than anything is that we do not all CHOOSE to open that door. I know me mate does not, but he fully supports me in the work I do and seeing how strong it be with our three kids he too learns.

Tells me when I wake screaming how odd it be they do not wake and hear....like they know Mom has a vision an embrace that as me. Its NOT easy and I would wish it on NO ONE to be as strong as I be....but its me.

I teach at times Workshops and its amazing to see a total sceptic get a message. We are all with this. Too I tell all I work with be careful and work with WHITE LIGHT and Blessings and Protections . Like with people there are good and not so good....same be with Spirits.

What holds most back is " fear" and that is not always a bad thing. At times once a door is opened it be hard to get closed.

Lynn
Old 27-12-2010, 06:12 PM
earthprowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
The answer Im afraid is NO, not everyone can be a medium.

Most of those who are mediums are born that way even if they come to it after severe long term illness or accident.

There are reasons for this:

1. The physical body needs to be a certain way to be able to deal with the energy used.

2. The persons mind needs to be a certain way to deal with the spirit who will come to guide, or bring messages. To weak a person would soon fall down.

3. The person needs to have a certain emotional make up to deal with the emotions that the spirit brings (ie the moments before their deaths, how they died etc).

4. The person needs to be able to cope with the 'awakenings' when their energy is increased to enable their mediumship to advance.

On top of this there is how the social family treat a medium etc.,

It is not an easy life, its very hard, so those who are born into it have to be a certain way.

Those who want to be mediums but are not born to it, sit for years in circles getting absolutely nothing at all - Iv seen it, they often go on to be great administrators in the church.

As said before everyone is psychic but not everyone is a medium.

curious to know where you got your information. I for one have never sat in a circle of any kind. I was not born with it but when I found out about it, I WANTED it and I worked at it very diligently for several years. It didn't take that long at all, intent, intent, intent. I don't go to a church, nor would I want to be some great administrator of one. The way you have worded it is it is only meant for "special" people and the rest of us sit back and make sure the rest of the work is done. How droll. You can be what ever you want in life and with a little work you can have this too.
Old 27-12-2010, 07:41 PM
LadyB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
curious to know where you got your information. I for one have never sat in a circle of any kind. I was not born with it but when I found out about it, I WANTED it and I worked at it very diligently for several years. It didn't take that long at all, intent, intent, intent. I don't go to a church, nor would I want to be some great administrator of one. The way you have worded it is it is only meant for "special" people and the rest of us sit back and make sure the rest of the work is done. How droll. You can be what ever you want in life and with a little work you can have this too.

I agree.

The best medium I have ever known never sat in a circle...and she's a tiny little thing.

I was not a 'born' medium I didn't start developing until I was 40. I have sat in circles and developed on my own. Both happily. I work very hard at it and am reaping the rewards (spiritually,I don't charge.) I do it to help people in grief, and the more mediums 'out there' helping others in this world 'see the light' the better as far as I am concerned...

We are spiritual conductors, no more no less. I keep myself as fit as possible and run up to 10 miles every other day. I try to eat healthily and watch what I put in my body in the hope that it helps....That however is my choice. I certainly would not say that it is a perquisite to being a good medium.

A good medium needs the right intent, compassion and to contain their ego's....that is all.

We should all be helping and encouraging people interested in mediumship...and be open minded to peoples experiences which may not fit with what others have been taught...The mediumship part of this forum would be a much better place...and have many more regular posters...myself included.

LB
X
Old 28-12-2010, 02:22 AM
shaya48

Starbuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I was just curious...does everyone contain potential for mediumship? I realise some people are just naturally gifted and/or born with the ability, but can anyone learn to tune in or will some people never be able to communicate with spirits no matter how hard they try to develop?

Hi Starbuck,

We are all born with intuitive awareness, some more than others, some will be chosen and chose to except the gift of being able to communicate with our loved ones in spirit to offer comfort and proof of life after.

We are given the gifts to help others according to our energies to be able to connect in more ways than one whether it is healing, reiki, spiritual guidance, mediomship, clairvoyance, clairaudinece, cleansing, clearing, counselling, whatever we have been gifted with for that purpose of being able to help another soul.

Some may have healing abilities, with clairvoyance and clairaudience but not mediumship, some will just be healers, some will just be spiritual counsellers, it doesnt matter we all play an important part and contribute something unique and valuable to others.

Not everyone can connect to our loved ones in spirit, but they will be gifted in other ways to help those in the way they have been chosen and chose to work.

It doesnt matter what name we put to our gifts, we work for the good and through the love of God, with all his love, compassion, wisdom, strength, truth and guidance.

We have the necessary experiences to lead us to our spiritual path, as individuals we all experience what we are meant to in our own way, for our growth here on the earth plane and for our spiritual growth and progression from spirit,

What ever energies you are meant to be working with, will be shown to you by your spiritual helpers your guides, in the time and in the way you are meant to be shown and learn from.

You will be around and meet the necessary earth plane help from those who are being progressed by spirit already, and they will help to understand better the spiritual side of your life here and the purpose you are here to use your gifts.

We are always guided by spirit, they bring the necessary ways in and the necessary people we will meet to help us, then they progress our learning also when they know we are ready to go into a higher level of learning so it all works out for us in the way it is meant to just trust that we all come to our true purpose here according to what we have chosen and excepted to how we are meant to help those in need with our gifts.

We are spiritual beings having a human experience here, we have always been connected to spirit, we are created in spirit then born here into this earth plane to experience in this life time all the new experiences we chose to have for our learning here and our purpose here before we came here.

Hope that has helped Love and light shaya.