Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 02-03-2015, 12:17 AM
Master

After death, number of days before Cremation?

Hi, my Wife and I are in the Planning Funeral Preparation, we want Cremation, and I have read years back that it was adviseable to leave some days after death before Cremation moment, unfortunately, I didn't hold on the reference. Anyone here has some information on the matter, we would really appreciate it.

Many thanks.

The best to everyone.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:07 AM
Master

There are those that believe that you should wait three days before cremation. I believe as Erin Pavlina believes that sometimes a person will hang around after death or if it is an unexpected death, as in an accident, it can take a while for the person to fully realize that they are dead. As well, she says that 3 or 4 days allows the ones left behind as well as the deceased to come to terms with the death. You can read about it here: http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2009...-to-cremation/
Old 02-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Master
Atleast 3-4 days sounds like good advice to me. Watching a documentary on the Bardol Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead), the Buddhist monk, who read the book to the recently deceased, also calculated the exact time he should be cremated by perusing some kind of astrological table or chart. I'd be quite interested to learn more about that. Personally I'm a tad concerned about being (thinking ahead!) locked up in some mortuary fridge for a few days prior to that. I kinda like how they do it in India. Funeral pyre on the river bank then throw you in.

I attended my uncles cremation last year, great day if such a day can be as such and was surprised to learn that it takes 3-4 hours for a body to fully cremate. Afterwards, in the pub garden where we had the wake, a hawk took a pidgeon out of the sky and ate it about 10-15 yards away from us; a sight that a local had never seen in 25 years drinking there. Stick me on a bonfire on a tidal beach if I could choose. I also like the tibetan sky burial where you're left for the vultures. I'm gonna read the Bardol Thodol I reckon. It's supposed to be read whilst alive too. The bits I've heard sound like good sense and most of it I'd already intuited.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 02-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Guide
My father passed away last year and his wish was to be cremated. We allowed a couple of days for anyone who wanted to say goodbye to his physical body. He never left even after he was cremated. I spoke with him for weeks/months afterwards. He knew he had passed away but he stayed with us until my sister had accepted his death. He has crossed over now but still returns from time to time to check on us.

So, in my opinion, it really all depends on if you plan on having a viewing of the physical body or not. If not then it wouldn't really matter that much about how long the crematory waited before they cremate you.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 02-03-2015, 01:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
There are those that believe that you should wait three days before cremation. I believe as Erin Pavlina believes that sometimes a person will hang around after death or if it is an unexpected death, as in an accident, it can take a while for the person to fully realize that they are dead. As well, she says that 3 or 4 days allows the ones left behind as well as the deceased to come to terms with the death. You can read about it here: http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2009...-to-cremation/

Hey thanks Jenny, I will have a look at Erin Pavlina!

The best to you!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorG3
Atleast 3-4 days sounds like good advice to me. Watching a documentary on the Bardol Thodol (Tibetan Book of the Dead), the Buddhist monk, who read the book to the recently deceased, also calculated the exact time he should be cremated by perusing some kind of astrological table or chart. I'd be quite interested to learn more about that. Personally I'm a tad concerned about being (thinking ahead!) locked up in some mortuary fridge for a few days prior to that. I kinda like how they do it in India. Funeral pyre on the river bank then throw you in.

I attended my uncles cremation last year, great day if such a day can be as such and was surprised to learn that it takes 3-4 hours for a body to fully cremate. Afterwards, in the pub garden where we had the wake, a hawk took a pidgeon out of the sky and ate it about 10-15 yards away from us; a sight that a local had never seen in 25 years drinking there. Stick me on a bonfire on a tidal beach if I could choose. I also like the tibetan sky burial where you're left for the vultures. I'm gonna read the Bardol Thodol I reckon. It's supposed to be read whilst alive too. The bits I've heard sound like good sense and most of it I'd already intuited.

VectorG3, many thanks for your post, I have heard somehow of Bardol Thobol, but, I will have to get my hands on the document, have a read.

The best to you!
Old 02-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Master

in days of old, before advanced medicine, people could have been in a coma. closer to death then life for those of that time. allowing the passing of days would allow life to be shown.

kk
Old 02-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
My father passed away last year and his wish was to be cremated. We allowed a couple of days for anyone who wanted to say goodbye to his physical body. He never left even after he was cremated. I spoke with him for weeks/months afterwards. He knew he had passed away but he stayed with us until my sister had accepted his death. He has crossed over now but still returns from time to time to check on us.

So, in my opinion, it really all depends on if you plan on having a viewing of the physical body or not. If not then it wouldn't really matter that much about how long the crematory waited before they cremate you.

Peace and Light,
SC

Thanks SpiritCarrier, great of you to share your father passing!, "you spoke with him", was it done telepathically?

The best to you!
Old 02-03-2015, 08:40 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
in days of old, before advanced medicine, people could have been in a coma. closer to death then life for those of that time. allowing the passing of days would allow life to be shown.

kk

Thanks Kkfern, and, may I conclude from your rationale that Cremation may be done right after death, as far as Spirit migrating in the Invisible World.

The best to you!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:12 PM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

For a normal death by natural causes - it takes three and one third days,for the Soul to completly loose from the body..Im speaking about the actual energy of the Soul - many wil know it perhaps as Kundalini and indeed,the eatsrn traditons understand al this far better than we westernrs do..Kundalini is the actual lifeforce,the energy that carries Consciusness and powers the mind here - it is contained in every cell,every nucleus of the body,and there is a pool,a source fo rthis energy,found at the base of the spine..In a resting condition,it NATURALLY coils around the base of the spine,three and one third times - and this number is significant,having to do with mathematial Pi,and placing indivifual Soul as the "centre of the universe",and thus,the centre of Creation itself.......

So,anyways - cremation is entirely desirable and beneficial - for it hastens this process of departure,frees the energy most eficiently,and thus the bonds are loose..It used to be custom,to leave bodies laying "instate" for 4 days - and perhaps this ws a reflection of the metaphysical truth of the Souls departure - and same for cremation,definaelty started as a means tohasten progress spiritually,on a cease less eternal journey...Entirely beneficial,and can be done as soon as bodily death is verified - the sooner the better from the Souls perspective..