Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 20-12-2011, 10:36 AM
dena

can a medium believes in reincarnation

how?
i mean .. they see spirits who are not reincarnated all the time
Old 20-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Serenity Bear

Im not sure what the question is but here goes.

Yes some mediums believe in reincarnation but some dont, as usual there are two lines of thought:

a) That we reincarnate to gain a quick ascension to the higher spiritual planes through physical experience.

b) That those who are picking up on passed lives are picking up on those in spirit who lived those lives.

I personally go with the first. With things that Iv remembered over the years I was in the same soul group with many cropping up in this life. Funnily enough they look the same and a lot have the same behaviour. The positions in my life are different - like friends later being fathers and vis versa, but the fundemental behaviour is the same.

So far Iv remembered about 5 past life and 1 future life - I believe spirit can go back and forward in time but still have their own time - if you can do it in thought then you can do it in Spirit, but thats my personal opinion.

The other side of your question - can mediums speak to those who have yet to reincarnate - of course, thats the people now living in the spirit world. The only thing to stop it would be the spirit not wanting to speak to a medium and also the level of plain they are on, although most live on the plain where most mediums communicate from.
Old 20-12-2011, 12:02 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dena
how?
i mean .. they see spirits who are not reincarnated all the time

Our discarnate friends - the 'spirits' you're thinking about - don't have to reincarnate at all if they choose not to.

But if they do choose to return to another life in-the-body they can also choose when that will be. It might be quickly or it may be many of our earth years before they are ready.

The beliefs of any human - medium or not - do not change the actual situation concerning reincarnation.
Old 20-12-2011, 05:44 PM
matt1973

Given the choice I think I'd rather not come back to this world, so I hope we do have some say in the matter.

Having said that, I guess it very much depends on what the spirit world is like!
Old 21-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Experiencer

You and me both, Matt! That old saying, "You only go around once in life, so grab all the gusto!" . . . once is enough for me!

Jim
Old 21-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Experiencer
I get the impression that our experiences on Earth look a bit different from the spirit world - we are able to see the reasons for the things we experienced and all the things we gained from them. I don't believe anyone could or would be forced into anything in spirit, so as so many of us seem to come back, there must be good reason to do so.

I'd be curious to meet a medium who did not believe in reincarnation and ask if they believed that spirits had told them reincarnation was not possible. Whether or not it's the normal course of things for everyone is another matter entirely, but I know I have been around the block a few times and I am always told that anything is possible in spirit, so if you wanted to return to Earth, that is naturally what you would do. I don't think I've ever come across any spirit communication via mediums or channels which has denied its existence, though a lot makes no mention either way. I remember being baffled while reading a biography of the medium Colin Fry, in which he said he had "no particular belief" in reincarnation. I just wanted to say to him "you're a medium... haven't you ever asked?"
I grill my poor guides for hours about that sort of thing!
Old 21-12-2011, 08:45 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
I get the impression that our experiences on Earth look a bit different from the spirit world - we are able to see the reasons for the things we experienced and all the things we gained from them. I don't believe anyone could or would be forced into anything in spirit, so as so many of us seem to come back, there must be good reason to do so.

I'd be curious to meet a medium who did not believe in reincarnation and ask if they believed that spirits had told them reincarnation was not possible. Whether or not it's the normal course of things for everyone is another matter entirely, but I know I have been around the block a few times and I am always told that anything is possible in spirit, so if you wanted to return to Earth, that is naturally what you would do. I don't think I've ever come across any spirit communication via mediums or channels which has denied its existence, though a lot makes no mention either way. I remember being baffled while reading a biography of the medium Colin Fry, in which he said he had "no particular belief" in reincarnation. I just wanted to say to him "you're a medium... haven't you ever asked?"
I grill my poor guides for hours about that sort of thing!

"I grill my poor guides for hours about that sort of thing!" Is there anything else like "that sort of thing" in connection with multiple lives?

I'd've thought there wouldn't be much need to grill anyone for hours about the aspects of reincarnation.
Why the need to ask personal guides or gurus when guidance aplenty from evolved teachers has been received in the past?
Old 21-12-2011, 09:00 PM
Neville

Now this is what i get, and it is contradictory and confusing. consciousness/awareness, may operate independently of the body, we see that indicated in dreams and astral projection, along with Near death experience and even regressive or progressive hypnosis.

My possibly radical view is that beyond the material world, the rule book we humans for time is irrelevant. Science is getting there apparently, energy becomes mass once it gets slower than the speed of light, with the exception possibly of certain neutrino's.

Anyhow, If ever you got deja vu or had a precognitive dream, you will now, that under certain circumstances time has little or no semblance to what we think it is in the flesh.

This is why some folks will talk about multiverses and parallel universes and different plains of existence.

Hence a free pass into the Akashic record for those who want to go look up something.

We can validate past lives through regressive hypnosis, but we have yet to find a way of validating future lives through progressive hypnosis.

It does indicate that you can re live lives in both history and the future. maybe even re incarnate back into this life( far fetched ! possibly) the thing is that when a life is physically over in accordance to our conventions for time . It clearly is not. The awareness, consciousness is the thing. You could do it now. Think about all the prep you gotta do before Christmas..Thats where your awareness is. Think about that great vacation you took, thats where your awareness is.. awareness is so fluid. Its wanderlust is inherent, you will alway be where your thoughts are.

Tolkien went to middle Earth, jK Rowling went to Hogwarts. Awareness is free flowing because it is unencumbered by mass. You can go back to ancient eygpt in a meditation or to a planet beyond orions belt. Awareness is sure zippy. So If awareness can be all these different places , what's to stop it being in more than one place at once.

Hence Nanna talks to you in your dreams while being a 4 year old some place else...

Individuality presents as separateness, but we have observed that by being in creation we must surely be a part of it.

I'm rambling, these are big concepts to grapple with, but they are the only way I personally can rationalize it.