Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 10-10-2011, 01:41 AM
patient heart

Empathic?

It seems as though no matter how i search i can't seem to find answers. For what seems like forever it seems as though i have wondered if my experiences are empathic in nature or am i super sensative to those around me...any thoughts...ideas...guidence?
Old 10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
Serenity Bear

I think empathy in nature would be designated as compassion, but you wouldnt get the phsyical effects that being truely empathic means. You can literally feel the persons pain, illness and take it on as your own. You take on peoples moods in a split second rather then just feeling sorry for them.

Being super sensitive isnt always fun especially in the medical terms, which means you reacte to just about everything from food to something touching your skin.

There are psychological tests that you can take (I had a book once on them) that can show if your more intuitive then the norm. In part they use PSI cards to see. You have to do so many tests, work out the average and then compare it to see if its above normal or not. In my home tests I constantly scored above average in these tests.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Medium_Laura

Depression, Anger Issues, Empath?

Many times in our lives we walk into a room and can feel the palpable energy of a fight or argument. You wake up one morning in the best of moods, but when you arrive at work, you feel like crying and hiding away from everyone. Has this happened to you?

Empaths are people who can read (and absorb) another’s energy in their own bodies.
If you don’t realize you are an empath, you can literally begin to “take-on” other people’s emotions, illnesses, sorrow, and anger without even knowing it. If the above happens to you more than a few times a month, you are more than likely an empath.

Empathic ability is inherited

People with this sensitive ability also have the gift of “knowing”. My great grandmother called it “Nawayee” in her Native tongue. She also thought that this ability was inherited and passed on through generations. Take a close look at people in your family; is someone just a little bit too sensitive? Do they get angry if someone else is? Do they cry when a friend of yours starts to cry; even if they don’t know the reasoning?

Thoughts and feelings are energy

Going into large crowds or busy shopping areas can literally cause panic in an empath. We do not know why and tend to make many excuses as to why we can’t shop during the holidays. Empaths can also feel someone else’s pain. I have a very hard time if someone I’m near has just smashed their finger or burned their arm. A tingle goes through my midsection (solar plexus) and suddenly I can physically feel the injury as if it was my own. This also happens to me when I am doing spirit communications; spirit may give me shortness of breath or a pain in my stomach or chest. It can be informative for my client, I can then verify how this spirit passed.

Often just seeing a program on the T.V. will cause an empath to have reactions. The local news is especially hard for empathic people; seeing people crying or angry, affects us more than just the story itself. Fictional shows can also evoke feelings for an empath. We know that they are actors, but in order for that actor to cry, they must think of something sad or heartbreaking to develop real tears. We feel that and we cry. Your friends probably have remarked to you “You’re so sensitive! It’s just a movie!” Not to an empath, we connect to the people more than we do the show.

These empathic people often just know things about someone they know or are near; sometimes information you’d rather not know! Your friend is sleeping with her husband’s brother. This just pops into your head and leaves you feeling confused and wondering why you would even think something like that. It is almost as if her thoughts are floating through the air and you are receiving them like a radio does.

This is not very far from what is actually happening. Thoughts and feelings have energy. Negative words and emotions are the strongest and easiest to pick up. These transmit through the atmosphere; those of us sensitive enough can “tune in” even without trying. There are several ways to protect yourself from absorbing them, but still being able to “sense” the energies around.

Ways to protect your energy and clear it:

• Do a mental check before you leave your house. The thing you need to set is your mood for the day. If you are feeling happy and in a good mood, make a note of it. This will help you to distinguish when you are picking up feelings that don’t belong to you.

• Ask yourself “Do I have any reason to be feeling _____? Fill in the blank. Suddenly I can feel like I want to hit someone in the face and I have never been someone that uses physical violence. I ask myself “Do I have any reason to feel angry?” Usually I get a “no”, and I release that energy from my auric field.

• Learn to shield. You don’t have to do a 20 minute meditation or anything that is even noticeable to people around you. Many times I find a place to be alone and I close my eyes for a few minutes. Visualize a beautiful bubble of white light, like an egg shell that surrounds you, head to toe and around you. As if you are enclosed in a translucent egg. Say in your mind “I am Divinely protected. My feelings are my own.” This will help you to shield out any energies that don’t belong to you.

• Grounding your energy is also important. If you feel angry and you can’t shake it. Do another small visualization. This time, you are a tree. Feel your roots going deep down into the earth, branching out and absorbing the wonderful heat. Now send down those negative feelings down your feet and your tailbone and into the earth, down, down, deeper. Once you feel that you have sent all the negative away, pull up your roots and close the connection.

• Showering – funny enough, taking a nice shower and imagining that the water is washing more away from you than just germs and dirt. Use your mind to create white light within the shower water, washing down the drain and into the earth; all the negativity and emotions that do not belong to you. You can even say this in your mind “Water of light, please wash away all the emotions and energy that do not belong to me.”

Being an empath can be annoying and confusing. Why do I have to feel other people’s feelings? Just like other “gifts” in the world, it is an ability that is very important to helping people in their lives; knowing when someone is saying one thing and doing another, understanding a friend who is going through personal issues and much more. Learning to use it positively is the key. There are many books on the market about auras and empathy. Take the time to learn about your gift and you will benefit others and yourself in the future.

Brightest Blessings

© Laura Evans
Old 10-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Light Earth

I said to a friend of mine last week, 'it can be so hard being this sensitive, can't it?" (he is a seer too) specifically because my husband had his eyes lasered and spent the first night in bed in agony and sick as a dog. I had been too tired to protect so had spent all night wondering why I couldn't sleep and felt so sick... Every time he gets a headache, I land one too, but I normally have the good sense to realize its not mine and move it on quickly!

My friend, who lives quite a way from me, is currently experiencing all of my pregnancy symptoms with me, including nausea, extreme tiredness, hunger pangs and sore boobs... And he's a man ;) I find it quite funny, strangely he doesn't!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Blooms Bright

Laura that was a fantastic post. Chocked full of insight. I am glad that I decided to check it out. You've helped more than you could possibly know. Thanks!
As always~ Bright Blessings
Old 10-10-2011, 11:54 PM
patient heart

Thanks everyone for your input...i appreciate it!
Laura, your examples were excerpts from my life...
I loved the info. on protection and how to determine which feelings are mine...
I look forward to grounding myself and protecting myself now that i have fhese suggestions.
I now want to learn how to try and turn it around to be more healing for others instead of just feeling for others....
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 AM
Medium_Laura

You're welcome. I wrote that as one empath to another :) Had issues my whole life and those worked for me ! :)
Old 14-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Morgana Rose

laura that was very good advice, i might use it myself, as patient heart said "you examples were excerpts from my life..."
i have encountered and felt those things and it was good to see some strategies on how to protect yourself from other peoples emotions and energies.
Old 14-10-2011, 11:27 AM
Medium_Laura

I have to do it daily. I pick up so much if I forget. I started to get a headache yesterday (I was home all day) and then when my man called he said. He had had the worst headache all day, now it's gone. "I took it from you" , I said.. "HERE have it back!"LOL
Old 14-10-2011, 11:55 AM
deepsea

Some empathic feelings are absolutely dreadful.
I don't mind feeling happiness or someone else's joy.
But when we feel sorrow or depression,it can be heart breaking.

Someone's elses anger at me and I don't know why.

Feelings I may have upset someone,is worse.
When we do not realise what we have done.

A beautiful feeling of joy that we have pleased someone without being told.

So many feelings.