Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 28-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Lepus

Hello Chrysalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysalis
Your question is based on the assumption that it's a hallucination, so here goes.

As far as the entities are concerned, I think it's neither a dream or hallucination plus there's an account of a wide awake person who saw it. If it were a hallucination, then it'd be a mass hallucination experienced on the individual level one at a time which I think wouldn't qualify it as a mass hallucination.

If it were generated from our mind then it begs the question of why would anyone strangle themself? Seems to go against the instinct for survival. Also, why the same entity? Why not different like dreams are different? I can't even begin with that as there's no common denominator that can be found in all the cultures and beliefs that span time. They're still looking for answers on that.

This line of thinking raises more questions. If one considers that the entities truly exist in another dimension or plane then it seems to me that the questions get answered. Either way, the thinking is based on assumptions. One assumption wants a scientific explanation and the other is based on a spiritual basis. If you like, you can replace the word assumption with belief.

As for being paralyzed while awake one could still be paralyzed even though the dream just finished and you're still in the process of fully waking up. Or in other words, the body hasn't fully disconnected from the dreaming state.

If you get attacked by an entity, and I hope no one does, it brings on the paralysis and that experience is different as it is very violent. It's the level of violence against you that I think is the difference between normal paralysis and the attack.

It's the level of violence which leads me to believe that the two are different.

If you want, you can research sleep walking as studies have been done on it. One documentary I saw on tv years ago explained how the body is paralyzed while dreaming.

So the mystery continues.

Interesting. This changes my view on the whole hallucination thing. The first testimony mentions her mother walking through the shadow figures without realizing it there. This raises a question, if certain entities can be seen by someone who's awake.

There's a notion that our minds can generate entities without realizing it. The Ouija Board as an example, has many to believe that our minds create these entities by communicating with our subconscious. Perhaps, our minds can produce entities like open portals? This is pure speculation in my end though. Of course, the mystery continues as to why the same entities appear during sleep paralysis.

I only had one experience of sleepwalking when I was young. I recall waking up in the living room not too far away from my bedroom. I just went back to my room and didn't bother to inquire why I was there.

I'm just glad I never experienced any entity attacks.

Thanks everyone for sharing.

Blessed be,
Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 28-11-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:39 AM
Knower

That is so interesting. I've experienced some sleep-paralysis which I would consider odd experiences but nothing really frightening but I've heard stories. Netflix had a documentary on sleep-paralysis recently and it was crazy to hear some of the horrific things people experienced.

What I wonder is if sleep paralysis is to keep people from sleepwalking, then how come some people sleepwalk? I have done that in the past also. Is it just that they don't do it while dreaming. I'm pretty sure I've sleepwalked and dreamed at the same time.

This is so interesting!
Old 03-01-2017, 01:30 AM
Lepus

Hello PlatitudePluto,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatitudePluto
That is so interesting. I've experienced some sleep-paralysis which I would consider odd experiences but nothing really frightening but I've heard stories. Netflix had a documentary on sleep-paralysis recently and it was crazy to hear some of the horrific things people experienced.

What I wonder is if sleep paralysis is to keep people from sleepwalking, then how come some people sleepwalk? I have done that in the past also. Is it just that they don't do it while dreaming. I'm pretty sure I've sleepwalked and dreamed at the same time.

This is so interesting!

When I was sleepwalking there was no sense of consciousness whatsoever and woke up in the living room the next day without realizing how I got from my bedroom to the living room. Sleepwalking most often occurs during deep non-REM sleep (stage 3 or stage 4 sleep) early in the night. Stages 3 and 4 are referred to as deep sleep or delta sleep, and it is very difficult to wake someone from them. In deep sleep, there is no eye movement or muscle activity. This is when some children experience bedwetting, sleepwalking or night terrors.

Blessed be,
Lepus
Old 05-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepus
Hello PlatitudePluto,

When I was sleepwalking there was no sense of consciousness whatsoever and woke up in the living room the next day without realizing how I got from my bedroom to the living room. Sleepwalking most often occurs during deep non-REM sleep (stage 3 or stage 4 sleep) early in the night. Stages 3 and 4 are referred to as deep sleep or delta sleep, and it is very difficult to wake someone from them. In deep sleep, there is no eye movement or muscle activity. This is when some children experience bedwetting, sleepwalking or night terrors.

Blessed be,
Lepus

Huh, that's strange. I guess I could've astro-projected or something, but I explicitly remember sitting in one of the bar-stools in my grandparents' house and feeling it and for some reason thinking I was sitting on a bench somewhere with really beautiful, almost fairy-like surroundings. Also managed to apparently leave one of my slippers under the bar stool so I know it wasn't a dream.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:50 PM
Suspended
Guide

Sleep paralysis is from waking before REM sleep has finished ...
I associate the terms "hag" or "crone" as women who are old &/or have completed menopause ĺike those depicted in old fairytale books ...
A women's body changes during menopause to having thin stringy hair, face wrinkles, middle section weight gain - some lose teeth as well as experience sleep difficulties, irritability, crepey skin, etc giving the appearance of the Hansel & Gretel or Sleeping Beauty witches ...
This morning's appt at the sleep center for sleep paralysis has been referred back to the gynecologist to change the dosage of the troche I take for menopause ...
I wake up from night sweats or headaches several times during the night w/occasional sleep paralysis ...
The mind, body & spirit are connected, each one needs to be cared for independently, most importantly, when issues occur ...

Last edited by Really! : 06-01-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
About 25 years ago, I was attacked and horribly abused in what felt like a tangible, physical way, which caused the absolute experience of physical pain. This happened as I woke up from sleep sometime in the middle of the night. At first I was not paralysed. I could move though only slightly. I think that was because I was drowsy and trying to work out what was happening.
But a great ice cold weight pinned me down, and I soon found it impossible to move. The 'weight' was obviously a living, aware Being who was doing that wilfully.
At that point I was tortured. I was in the sharpest conscious awareness. The sort of pin-point consciousness one has when filled with adrenaline and terrified.
I won't describe the experience in detail, but it was in some ways similar to some of the stories one hears of "alien abduction" scenarios. But in fact, even worse than some of the stories I have read since.
Back in those days I had no knowledge of such stories, had no internet and never read any of those things anywhere.
When the torture stopped, I could move again and got out of bed as fast as I could.
This was no dream.
I expected to have marks....blood....I could still feel echoes of the pain. But my body had no marks or wounds. The etheric effects of the trauma slowly faded.

The experience returned, a couple more times. On I think, the third time it came back I broke the paralysis with a natural rage and primal energy which flung back the 'thing' in the most violent way. And I became more than just myself at that moment.
Thank goodness for anger! No 'love' there I'm afraid.

So in that case, I think it was the "presence" which deliberately caused a paralysis, and that was not classic "sleep paralysis".

Having experienced classic sleep paralysis only once before, it was very very different to that encounter, and not anything like as dark.
Whatever that Being was, it could immobilise me.

I had become involved with a person who was working in the Occult at that time, and was very esteemed in an Occult group to which he belonged. That person had quite a strong influence on me emotionally. That is the only connection I can find for such a dreadful event, and it has never happened since. However I broke away from that connection with all the strength I had in me, and have never felt any inclination to be influenced by such energies since. If ever there was a "wake up call" that was it.
Old 26-01-2017, 04:21 AM
Guide

I have experienced Old Hag syndrome quite a few times. Not in years though and the first time it ever happened was the most terrifying.

The first time it happened I wasn't even asleep. Just lying in bed waiting to fall asleep and I felt this incredibly negative presence in the corner of the room and then my entire body froze and I couldn't move or scream. I was sweating so bad and felt the most intense fear I have every experienced. I tried screaming but nothing came out. I eventually prayed and then started moving my pinky toe and it finally ended.
Old 06-03-2017, 04:06 PM
Experiencer

It's late and I'm about to head off to bed.. great topic to go to sleep with. I haven't had the chance to read all the comments, but I did want to take the time to respond. Hope I'm not repeating anything others have said.

Sleep paralysis does happen, and there's a good explanation for it. I'm going to have to write quickly, so it may be a bit convoluted... let me know if you have any questions.

When you sleep, your soul leaves your body. Normally, you'd venture off to heaven and have whatever dreams you have before coming back. Although, there are times during this transition phase, where you're either leaving or entering your body while your physical mind is awake. You're essentially trapped in a body that isn't responding to your brain's signals for it to move, but you're viewing the world through your astral eyes. This lets you see the various beings that are nearby.. and the negative ones often jump on the chance to mess with you.

I've had sleep paralysis several times, but only the first time did something negative try to scare me. I'm going to explain how to protect yourself, but I wanted to add something that may help you in other areas too.

This transition phase is exactly the state that lucid dreamers and astral travelers talk about. They try to keep the mind active while the body sleeps. They wait for the vibrations to wash over their body, and that's the signal to start their astral travel / lucid dream. Most people that describe sleep paralysis will also describe this vibration that washes over their body. If you can overcome your fear and learn that you have power over the negative beings that are interacting with you, you can use this state for a very positive purpose.

It's important to recognise that you are a divine being. You have control over your destiny, and over the subtle realms. What you imagine becomes real; just like in your dreams. There are a few ways that I can describe this, but I'm using this tactic as it's relevant to the topic. It's also important to know that your emotional/mental state is what allows negative beings to interact with you. In the subtle realms, like attracts like. You cannot interact with anything that is in discord with you.

Knowing this, you can start to regain control over your mental state, do some work on balancing, cleanse your house, and bring in the light. Imagine the room filling with bright positive light/energy, and that nothing negative is welcome there. Command (use the term in your inner dialogue) negative entities to go into the light; they're usually lost souls anyhow, and deserve to reach heaven. Do this with love. Tell them to turn around and see the light. Tell them to go into the light.

When sleep paralysis takes hold, often the first response is one of fear.. which is the only thing you need to be afraid of; as it's the foot-hold that these negative entities use to interact with you. Conquer this, and you'll never have to worry about them again.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:07 AM
Experiencer
H, yescive experienced the old hag!!! Sorry for my late reply. I havent been on spiritual forums lately.
Im female and i sleep on my stomach.
When i was young between the ages of about 8 and 10.
Anyway id be just getting ready to drift off to sleep and from my third eye id see her coming across the room. Short, fat, longish scragly dark hair. She'd junp up from the side of my twin bed and stradle by back. Then she would lean towards my neck area and i could feel scragily hair on the back of my neck! Terrifying!! My hair was cut very short so i know it wasnt mine brushing the back of my neck. i'd pray the whole time this was happening too afraid to move! Anyway finally i got my nerve one night and tipped her off the bed by rolling sideways. She never came back.
During these horrible episodes; as if all this wasnt had enough; on each side of the bed i'd have a dark skinning long armed, long legged creature of some sort watching me. The hag went away but the other creature thing stuck around me til i was in my late twenties. I thought they were shadow people but im not so sure.

Shine
Old 28-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Newbie ;)

My brother experienced this one night. He awoke and could not move. He said he was very scared and then heard my grandmother's voice in full clarity demanding "Get off him now!" And with that he felt something lift off him and was able to move.
My grandmother had passed on years before and was heavily involved in spiritualism. In fact she was so well respected she spent a lot of time on correspondence with other Spiritualists helping them with problems. I have no doubt about her abilities as
I've personally been witness to them when she still dwelt with the living.