Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 18-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Sangress

Closed chakras? ....opinions please?

I honestly do not understand this and I want to get various viewpoints to see whether any of them actually make sense to me.

So, as far as I can tell Closed chakras apparently means that energy is not flowing through them properly, or that there is generally less energy there as a whole.

Now, in my time I've learned that people do not function at reduced energetic capacity unless it is a permanant natural state of being (which means its not reduced, its just less in comparison to others) or when there is an energetic imbalance caused by damage or an energy blockage.

Hopefully that makes sense

Now, all I can see when people are mentioning closed chakras is them using another word for "my chakras arent working as well as they should" and it kind of gets at me because its like they are trying to say its ok for them to be ill because they find it easier to deny that those symptoms are caused by a problem, they like to think its natural, like its allowed to be like that and not really a problem.

Its kind of like saying "my immune system is attacking itself, but its ok if I ignore the unknown reason that its happening"

Now either I am missing some huge point...or closed chakras is just another word for malfunctioning chakras/damaged energy system/energy blockages.....etc.

So, Is there honestly such a thing as a closed chakra?

what is the difference between closed chakras and some kind of energetic imbalance caused by some of the problems outlined above?

Where did the concept of closed chakras come from?

How do chakras close?

Why do chakras become closed and is it healthy?

What purpose does a closed chakra serve?

Why do people want to open chakras?

Thanks.
Old 19-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Sangress

Giving this a bump because I'm impatient.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:16 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
I honestly do not understand this and I want to get various viewpoints to see whether any of them actually make sense to me.

So, as far as I can tell Closed chakras apparently means that energy is not flowing through them properly, or that there is generally less energy there as a whole.

Now, in my time I've learned that people do not function at reduced energetic capacity unless it is a permanant natural state of being (which means its not reduced, its just less in comparison to others) or when there is an energetic imbalance caused by damage or an energy blockage.

Now, all I can see when people are mentioning closed chakras is them using another word for "my chakras arent working as well as they should" and it kind of gets at me because its like they are trying to say its ok for them to be ill because they find it easier to deny that those symptoms are caused by a problem, they like to think its natural, like its allowed to be like that and not really a problem.

Its kind of like saying "my immune system is attacking itself, but its ok if I ignore the unknown reason that its happening"

Now either I am missing some huge point...or closed chakras is just another word for malfunctioning chakras/damaged energy system/energy blockages.....etc.

what is the difference between closed chakras and some kind of energetic imbalance caused by some of the problems outlined above?

How do chakras close?

Thanks.
Keep ya pants on Sangress , ill have a crack at this but remember that we didnt come with a manual on the operation of chakras. I believe in them because i can locate and feel them in people that i treat.

I am not sure where you would get the idea that chakras close and open. I wouldnt think that a chakra would close completely. The only use for opening and closing a chakra that i have heard of is for the purpose of laying in symbols or karmic work where you are signaling your intent to open the chakra up to your intent and closing it back to its original state, which was open. Kind of like opening up a portal to the chakra then closing the portal when you are finished. When a chakra is not functioning correctly the flow of of energy in to it is reduced. Therefore the flow of energy from your palms is too reduced. With little energy being pulled from your palms the friction created is very little, which inturn doesnt create the sensation of warmth associated with energy travelling through matter. This could give people the impression that the chakra has closed but if it were every organ that is fed by that particular chakra would cease to work so i doubt that they do close.

Like i said, this is my experience only and i make no claims to know all about them. Did that make sense?
Old 19-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Sangress

Quote:
Keep ya pants on Sangress , ill have a crack at this but remember that we didnt come with a manual on the operation of chakras. I believe in them because i can locate and feel them in people that i treat.

Thank you :)

I don't think I ever had pants in the first place. heh.

I think that if we came with a chakra manual things probably wouldnt be much fun, dont you think?

Quote:
Like i said, this is my experience only and i make no claims to know all about them. Did that make sense?

Makes enough sense to me and I'm glad you can say things from personal experience, adds a bit of depth to it all.

Hopefully you'll be one in a sea of opinions, the more the merrier!
Old 19-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Rin

Maybe chakras are like valves which regulate not only the internal energy flow but also our flow or connections to the outside world.

The purpose of closing may be to protect us from overwhelm. A closed chakra can be perfectly healthy and serving a very good purpose under these condition.

Chakras open and close and regulate flow, isn't that what a valve is supposed to do? From this we can deduce that it is meaningless to talk about the state of a chakra without knowing the environmental conditions.
Old 19-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Serenity Bear

Well there are two thoughts on open and closed chakras, those who believe they have to be open allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the time and those who believe they should be closssssssssssssssssssed when not working.

Now I do a bit of both. I can talk to spirit any time I want, and dont need to open up to do this, BUT I do need to consciously close down or they will talk to me 24/7. Iv also found I get pain around the chakra area if I dont close down, as well as fatigue and very disturbed night sleep. Plus they have a tendency of over working me for readings etc if I dont tell em to shove off.

For me a closed chakra just reduces the energy flow it doesnt stop it, but sort of takes it down to a normal level, open chakras increase energy flow and help mediums reach to the spirit world more easily due to their own energy vibration increasing due to energy flow.
Old 19-02-2012, 05:29 PM
pgrundy

Like a wheel

A chakra is kind of like a spinning wheel. Think of a fan. If the fan is operating optimally you can feel the air flowing, if it isn't, the air flow is lessened and so is the cooling effect.

So you can't really have a 'closed' chakra, but you can have them not working properly together. You can have an energy imbalance there that reduces energy flow.
Old 19-02-2012, 07:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress

That's a pretty good way of saying it. Maybe the term 'shut down' would make more sense.

I think it might be helpful to look at this in terms of each individual chakra. For example, someone whose 1st chakra (survival) might be terminally ill, may dislike children, or just be apathetic toward life. On a 2nd chakra (sexuality/emotion) they might be prude, reserved, or have problems with their reproductive system. Nymphomania is also a sign of a misfunctioning 2nd chakra. A person with a closed 3rd chakra (power/creativity) would be reactive (as opposed to proactive), always waiting for the next thing to 'happen to them'.

None. All of these things indicate that energy is not flowing through the chakra.

How do chakras close?

Trauma (rape for example with the 2nd chakra), judgement, neglect.

None.

To have a healthy energetic system. This is necessary for many things, including awakening one's Kundalini.

Thanks.

Hope that helps...feel free to ask more specific questions if you like. I will do my best to answer them.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:05 PM
iolite

Sangress..

Closed chakras=blocked, damaged chakras, probably. I have never heard of completely closed chakras, but I'm no expert.
Old 19-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Sangress

Hmm alright so, in summary so far the theories include (this is in general)

Theory 1 - a person can consciously control the flow in/out of chakras in order to affect their energetic perceptions and vibratory frequency. It is a natural behaviour to enhance (or lower) the way (or rate/speed?) a person is functioning for a period of time (whether that be forever or whenever they feel like it) and it is not considered a problem at all, but a skill to learn.

- Theory 2 - closed chakras are due to some form of damage or imbalance/blockage created by some form of maltreatment. Symptoms may include certain personality traits (but I think also people may say that the behavioural traits may cause the damage too in some cases?)

Let me know if I've missed anything so far.

Keep the opinions coming please.

But for now I want to challenge this (if you dont mind athribiristan) because I'd enjoy a more in depth look at it and after that I'll ask another question.

Quote:

None.

Why? Are you sure that its not that you just don't know the purpose of it?

I mean, if a persons body does something then surely there is a reason for this reaction right? Some protective mechanism or maybe a sign of attempted healing (a bit like a metaphysical scab on an open wound.)

Also, as for my new question, does everyone (especially the people who adhere to something like the first theory listed above) think that is it optional to have open or closed chakras? And why do you think that?

Thanks.