Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 01-07-2019, 10:37 AM
Master

Spontaneous movements

Recently I started to experience the spontaneous movements of my body while I am in deep meditation, sometimes my hands and sometimes my feets.

It's like I have spasms, seriously, I don't like it, is this happening to you too?
Old 01-07-2019, 05:00 PM
Master

These spontaneous movements are sometimes called kriyas, the release of energies within the physical body which can manifest in various ways. They are not uncommon but they can be a distraction in meditation. All you can do is allow it to happen - once the energy has been released then the body should calm down.

Peace.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
These spontaneous movements are sometimes called kriyas, the release of energies within the physical body which can manifest in various ways. They are not uncommon but they can be a distraction in meditation. All you can do is allow it to happen - once the energy has been released then the body should calm down.

Peace.

Thanks! I did some research and I found out that this is a yogi thing, a sign of spiritual awakening or something like that.I wonder why I experience such things when I am not into the yogi thing..
Old 04-07-2019, 11:36 PM
Master
Kundalini is doing it - excellent sign - keep it up - like IamThat said - will stop after blocks released, so Energy can move higher
Old 05-07-2019, 05:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
Recently I started to experience the spontaneous movements of my body while I am in deep meditation, sometimes my hands and sometimes my feets.

It's like I have spasms, seriously, I don't like it, is this happening to you too?

I have had them. I just 'sat back' and enjoyed the 'show'.

My right hand began moving all on its own. Later, words started coming out of mouth while my right hand continued making hand motions.

I am left handed.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I have had them. I just 'sat back' and enjoyed the 'show'.

My right hand began moving all on its own. Later, words started coming out of mouth while my right hand continued making hand motions.

I am left handed.

I had them once again, but this time my heart did it too.While in meditation, I felt how my heart started to have palpitations, when I stopped, the palpitations stopped, then I tried again and they came right back so I had to not meditate anymore because it was not pleasant at all.I had like 10 minutes of meditation and everything started with my right foot, then my heart.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:29 PM
Master
Opening the heart chakra can bring these experiences back again.
When we feel floaty, we're in our subtle body more than the gross physical one.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:54 PM
Master
Do you mean muscle twitches?
Do they look like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgmJFErLGE

Here's what works for me.Everytime i get these muscle spasms (they started two years before)i adress the part of my body with my mind,and then i give the command ''mine''.
I don't look at the body area,cause for some reason the optical contact is blocking my mind focus.
So either i close my eyes,or look elsewhere.

Also i use the command ''My hands,My legs,''etc.(i declare that these body parts are belong to me).
I don't know if it's going to work for you,but i use it a lot.It also stoped the tingling on the hair sensation.

Try to do it as fast as you can,in order to avoid the chatter mind to rise.(Maybe in a second).
First the area-body part,then the command.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax
Do you mean muscle twitches?
Do they look like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEgmJFErLGE

Here's what works for me.Everytime i get these muscle spasms (they started two years before)i adress the part of my body with my mind,and then i give the command ''mine''.
I don't look at the body area,cause for some reason the optical contact is blocking my mind focus.
So either i close my eyes,or look elsewhere.

Also i use the command ''My hands,My legs,''etc.(i declare that these body parts are belong to me).
I don't know if it's going to work for you,but i use it a lot.It also stoped the tingling on the hair sensation.

Try to do it as fast as you can,in order to avoid the chatter mind to rise.(Maybe in a second).
First the area-body part,then the command.

No, in my case, my hands or my legs are moving on their own and this happens very fast, it's like someone is moving them for a split of a second.Have you ever had the sensation that when you go to sleep, you are doing something in your mind and then the body reacts to a particular action? I give you a simple example, a football player may have the sensation that he is on the field, while trying to sleep, and from nowhere his foot tried to hit the ball because in his mind this what was happening.I don't like the sensation because I have the feeling someone else is moving them.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:27 AM
Master
I guess we have a lot to learn (as usual).
Personaly i haven't experienced what you described.

Last edited by lomax : 07-07-2019 at 12:37 PM.