Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Another favorite passage of mine from the 23rd Psalm is "He restoreth my soul". "Salvation" is not a matter of attaining anything. It's more a matter of discovering what has always been there --- one's original pure innocence in complete at-one-ment with God.

It sometimes seems that we are always looking for something that we already have. Mybe if we put more energy into looking within rather than without we would be wiser.
Old 23-12-2018, 05:19 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Still Waters opened up this Thread about the beautiful 23rd Psalm and we have Post after Post about evil and demons and satan etc: what a waste imo, sad really that an opportunity to explore the Psalm has been lost to most.

I am the one to blame, I had no intention, I just told people how I used this psalm when I was close to die... I don't want to spread evil, just the truth.
Old 23-12-2018, 05:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
I am the one to blame, I had no intention, I just told people how I used this psalm when I was close to die... I don't want to spread evil, just the truth.

If you look back at other Threads you will see for your self that you Post about evil/demons/satan quite a lot, not just in this one SM. Of course you can do what you choose to do but it's a very unhealthy way of thinking.
Old 23-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
If you look back at other Threads you will see for your self that you Post about evil/demons/satan quite a lot, not just in this one SM. Of course you can do what you choose to do but it's a very unhealthy way of thinking.

I only tell people the truth... I talk a lot about God and Jesus too.I have this view that you can not tell someone the benefits without telling about the downsides.. because if you tell only one part of the story, you only do it for your agenda.What can I say... I have too many experiences with the evil one.. I have to tell people about them but I only do it in a certain context.

You would act just like me if you would meet the evil one.There are dozens of stories told by people who went to hell....

Anyway, as I said, I am doing it in a certain context.
Old 23-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Master
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For Thou art with me.

' Death is an illusion. Death is only the crossing over from one state of consciousness to another. It is the passing of one karmic responsibility on to another. It is the connection back to the etheric body that is the soul. It is actually life. '

' On Earth, another illusion is that evil exists. We observe that your negativity and terror are reality to you. What you do not understand is that you have created these processes through the powers of your own mind. '
Old 23-12-2018, 06:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
I only tell people the truth... I talk a lot about God and Jesus too.I have this view that you can not tell someone the benefits without telling about the downsides.. because if you tell only one part of the story, you only do it for your agenda.What can I say... I have too many experiences with the evil one.. I have to tell people about them but I only do it in a certain context.

You would act just like me if you would meet the evil one.There are dozens of stories told by people who went to hell....

Anyway, as I said, I am doing it in a certain context.

You tell people what YOU think is the truth, your truth thankfully is NOT my truth....

I won't be adding anymore to the evil/satan/demon conversations they don't enhance my life......
Old 23-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: For Thou art with me.

' Death is an illusion. Death is only the crossing over from one state of consciousness to another. It is the passing of one karmic responsibility on to another. It is the connection back to the etheric body that is the soul. It is actually life. '

' On Earth, another illusion is that evil exists. We observe that your negativity and terror are reality to you. What you do not understand is that you have created these processes through the powers of your own mind. '

Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

If we talk about this psalm, should we not show it entirely? I remember myself doing the same thing... taking bits and pieces from the Bible and showing them in the light of my understanding.I am not yet prepared to talk about the Bible in a more detailed way, I am in a continuous process of studying it and I am very slow, but the meaning of this psalm is very clear...

You say that the truth I talk about is "my truth" created by my mind and yet you come and do the same thing, there's only one big difference, I believe in good and evil as being immutable, it does not matter what I think, what is good stays good and what is evil stays evil, and you believe in a relative good and in a relative evil, both being a product of our minds.Why should I trust my mind about such things when my mind is always "for me"? Should I not trust Jesus who is the only one who came from God and spoke to the whole world the Words of God? Jesus Himself spoke about Satan and death and hell and the lake of fire.I don't say that I am saint, I am not, far from it, I am working my salvation, though I know that God's grace is upon me, I know the truth.

Now, I can't understand how my "talks" about the evil one may affect a non believer... after all, you don't believe in Satan.
Old 24-12-2018, 06:49 AM
Experiencer

as much as I would prefer to ignore that evil exists-or tell myself it is an illusion-or tell myself that death is an illusion-I cannot as this is not true.

satan is real and his time is limited and he knows it-he is working as fast and as hard as he can to deceive destroy and kill people to take them to hell with him.

death is not as suggested by others the passing of one karmic lesson on to the next and reincarnation is not real.

please do not let yourselves be deceived by satans deception-he will take a kernel of truth and twixt it just a bit into a lie.

death is real-satan is real-evil is real............but take heart as Jesus told us that He has conquered satan and death-
Old 24-12-2018, 06:45 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

"Thou preparest a place before me in the presence of mine enemies."

However, he added, upon meditative reflection, he realized that he DID INDEED have enemies: Pride, lust, anger, greed, gluttony, envy, sloth. He then interpreted the passage to mean that he was placed in the presence of these internal "enemies" so that he could overcome them.

This interpretation reminds me of the book of Genesis. Adam wished to have the knowledge of good and evil so he could be "like God". So at the advice of the serpent, he ate from that tree. And so ended up getting sentenced by God to "Life", where there is both good and evil to experience and learn from. After all, if God is good, how can one choose to be good, if one does not know what it means to be good, and what it means to be evil?
Old 27-12-2018, 04:03 AM
Master
Quote:
"Thou preparest a place before me in the presence of mine enemies."
An "enemy" in this regard, can simply be referred to as a "hater" or a "detractor" and many of us have those, even though they may not technically be an 'enemy'...but others may see you as an 'enemy' even though you don't see them in the same way.

So when the Lord "prepares a place", it means that one is made strong and pure enough to let the "Power and Word of the Lord" move through them, when faced with the 'haters' and with the 'detractors'...because if you act from a place of ego in your response, you can never win, because they want this...they anticipate this!

However, when one acts from a 'place of spirit' and nourished by the Grace of the Lord instead of the ego, whatever is said comes from the Lord/Heart and silences all the critics.