Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 20-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Administrator
Fish GOOD MORNING!

GOOD MORNING SPIRITUAL FORUMS

A special morning spot for all members to share their morning or afternoon stories/hellos.

The original Morning Thread can be found Here http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=65828 Thank you for the memories

Last edited by Clover : 18-10-2017 at 02:07 PM.
Old 20-02-2017, 04:09 PM
Master
Morning all. Warning to those who are sensitive to animals. Don't read this if you are.

It was a busy weekend. Unfortunately we had to eliminate the drakes I had that were born last summer. There were 5 of them and they were beginning to fight now that breeding season is right around the corner.

I had sold them to a gal last summer as meat ducks. She came over and helped with the processing yesterday. It's sad we had to do that but there is no choice. Otherwise they would kill one another fighting all summer long. Drakes are very territorial. And they don't want to share the hens.

The day was hard for me. It's one of the worst days of the year as far as I'm concerned. I've watched these ducks since they were babies. But when I sold the last of the hen babies that were born last year, a few weeks back, the wind went out these baby drakes sail. They exist for their women. Hens can be rehomed. Drakes are very difficult to rehome. Like almost no one wants them other than for a meal.

Now I'm back down to my original 13. 12 hens and my one drake. When I first got my ducks I had 22, now because of predators, a few I've rehomed, and one with a broken leg that wouldn't mend, I've only got the 13. When the last of them are gone then I'm done with ducks. I don't take on new ducks anymore. I've had my ducks for 6 years. But Muscovies live for about 8-12 years so I have many more duck tales to look forward to.

Here's one for you. My older ducks don't fly much anymore. Haven't all last summer, fall and winter even though they molted last fall/winter and had perfect feathers. I attributed it to just getting older and heavier maybe. The babies that were born last summer, on the other hand, flew everywhere. Even the big cumbersome drakes managed to lift off the ground 15-20 feet in the air (no one told them Muscovy drakes don't fly).

So I let my ducks out of the duckyard this morning and low and behold they were flying all over the place!! Then I got it. They wouldn't fly in front of the babies because the babies weighed less and could really take off and fly high. My older ducks didn't want to be embarrassed if they didn't fly well. Now that the babies are all gone, they don't have to worry about that.

If you hit rock bottom, start picking up rocks.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. Ygritte from Game of Thrones.
Old 21-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Master
I have this wonderful chocolate truffle candle that I lit a few hours ago. It smells so wonderful

If you hit rock bottom, start picking up rocks.

You know nothing, Jon Snow. Ygritte from Game of Thrones.
Old 21-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Administrator
I had to make a new Morn' thread, it was way too heavy, I was unable to edit most of the content anymore. Prolly also all those Gif's I used in the earlier years. I merged a few of the last posts to this thread. Thanks for the memories! The old thread will be linked on the original post. I moved so much around, please let me know if the thread is acting up. You may have to clear your cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
So I let my ducks out of the duckyard this morning and low and behold they were flying all over the place!! Then I got it. They wouldn't fly in front of the babies because the babies weighed less and could really take off and fly high. My older ducks didn't want to be embarrassed if they didn't fly well. Now that the babies are all gone, they don't have to worry about that.:

Thanks for sharing the ducky stories, very interesting about the baby ducks.... this is too cute.

A truffle scented candle sounds like it would smell awesome!

Happy morning all

Old 21-02-2017, 03:24 PM
Master
good morning Clover

thanks for starting a new thread... it's so clean and inviting!!

coffee and cookies all around....
enjoy the day...
Old 21-02-2017, 03:53 PM
Ascender
Hellooo all, ah I do love ducks :) last few years I have fallen in love with a lot of birds... give it a few more years and I may be hiding in the bushes with binoculars lol but for now I love just sitting by the duck ponds and watching them. Hope your all having a great day
Old 21-02-2017, 05:26 PM
Guide

Good Morning Everyone just a quick drop in to say I hope you all have a wonderful day today Thank you linen for your ducky story, sorry about having to give up some of your drakes, that must have been difficult for you. That is funny that your drake can fly, no one said to him he couldnt lol love it!!!
Clover what a wonderful start to a new good morning thread, I loved the kitty getting out from under the covers lol On my way to do some groceries, thinking of making a potato salad today
Old 22-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Good morning everyone. So happy to you all come through and say Hello!

I hope your day goes wonderful, enjoy your warm beverages and your tasty teas.

It's dark and rainy in Florida today, which is nice because it reminds me of the ugly weather of the North that I strangely miss P.S. it feels good to edit the thread without waiting a few painful minutes lol

Old 22-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Master
good morning all....

clover, I hear you on the dark dismal weather - we have the dark clouds here in NY and it looks like it's going to rain any minute now....

have a great day everyone!!
Old 22-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Master
Hey. The sun's trying to get through the grey lovely clouds here.

Thx Clover for a fresh mornin' thread!