Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 29-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Just have to say I love A Course In Miracles....I need to do their teachings again.....
Spiritlite.
It is still a bit of a mystery to me. I just met a group in Feb '10 into ACIM...mostly what I know is from them - not joining a group or actually studying it yet!
I have many books tho on the Course. And some CDs ---it is an amazing thing - from what I can tell!
The miracle is, as I found Deepak said in "The Third Jesus", - a change/shift in our perspective!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Racer X

Lesson 333 ~ Forgiveness ends the dream of conflict here.

Posted by johnc in Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles on 29 November 2010 | no responses
Conflict must be resolved. It cannot be evaded, set aside, denied, disguised, seen somewhere else, called by another name, or hidden by deceit of any kind, if it would be escaped. It must be seen exactly as it is, where it is thought to be, in the reality which has been given it, and with the purpose that the mind accorded it. For only then are its defenses lifted, and the truth can shine upon it as it disappears.
Father, forgiveness is the light You chose to shine away all conflict and all doubt, and light the way for our return to You. No light but this can end our evil dream. No light but this can save the world. For this alone will never fail in anything, being Your gift to Your beloved Son.

Beyond the teachings.........in stillness, is a Mystery. YOU are part of that Mystery. Focus on your breath each day, all day, in every activity;this will create space for the Mystery to be known. You will forget as you get caught up in the events of the day. Return to focus as soon as you remember.

When you feel attacked ...........breath!
Look at the "emotion" and Realize this: it is an old defensive pattern. Break up the pattern by creating space for it to dissolve.
Old 29-11-2010, 02:42 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Father, forgiveness is the light You chose to shine away all conflict and all doubt, and light the way for our return to You. No light but this can end our evil dream. No light but this can save the world. For this alone will never fail in anything, being Your gift to Your beloved Son.

I personally don't think people do anything wrong which warrants me having to forgive them. I suppose I am blessed with the curiousity, understanding and compassion for human behaviour.

Also if I feel wronged somehow then the issue is mine to explore and make peace with, blaming someone else for my feelings doesnt work for me, so forgiveness isnt relevant.
Old 29-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X

Posted by johnc in Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles on 29 November 2010 | no responses
Conflict must be resolved. It cannot be evaded, set aside, denied, disguised, seen somewhere else, called by another name, or hidden by deceit of any kind, if it would be escaped. It must be seen exactly as it is, where it is thought to be, in the reality which has been given it, and with the purpose that the mind accorded it. For only then are its defenses lifted, and the truth can shine upon it as it disappears.
Sometimes conflict is deep, ancient, and entrenched. Sometimes conflict is just a difference of perspectives, of people. But we are all human. We all need to feel acknowledged and respected as people. We all need to be handled humanely and with dignity.

Darkness cannot overcome darkness; only light can do that.
Hatred cannot overcome hatred; only love can do that.

Peace/blessings,
7L
Old 29-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Lesson 332 ~ Fear binds the world. Forgiveness sets it free.

Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles

The ego makes illusions. Truth undoes its evil dreams by shining them away. Truth never makes attack. It merely is. And by its presence is the mind recalled from fantasies, awaking to the real. Forgiveness bids this presence enter in, and take its rightful place within the mind. Without forgiveness is the mind in chains, believing in its own futility. Yet with forgiveness does the light shine through the dream of darkness, offering it hope, and giving it the means to realize the freedom that is its inheritance.
We would not bind the world again today. Fear holds it prisoner. And yet Your Love has given us the means to set it free. Father, we would release it now. For as we offer freedom, it is given us. And we would not remain as prisoners, while You are holding freedom out to us.

Fear does bind the world. This is our biggest collective obstacle...experienced at all levels...a spectrum of fears.

Releasing some may be easy. Releasing those last few...can be very hard.

Here's what we all need. A space to name our fears without censure. A place to be heard. A place where we can be there for one another and say, it's ok to be afraid...but it doesn't have to be the end. Now let's work with it and find a way to move forward.

There was an old thread on Fears...maybe we should start another...?

Peace/blessings
7L
Old 29-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:

Beyond the teachings.........in stillness, is a Mystery. YOU are part of that Mystery. Focus on your breath each day, all day, in every activity;this will create space for the Mystery to be known. You will forget as you get caught up in the events of the day. Return to focus as soon as you remember.

When you feel attacked ...........breath!
Look at the "emotion" and Realize this: it is an old defensive pattern. Break up the pattern by creating space for it to dissolve.

A new friend just brought up "out of the blue" she wants to find an ACIM group - funny, huh?
Never said a word to her about it before.

Thank you.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 29-11-2010, 03:54 PM
shepherd

Quote:
Fear does bind the world. This is our biggest collective obstacle...experienced at all levels...a spectrum of fears.

Releasing some may be easy. Releasing those last few...can be very hard.

Fear is also very useful and its a good idea to remember that instead of trying to be rid of fear when it can be worked with can create wealth on all levels in our lives. Its about context too and working out if there are benefits from experiencing the fear or not.

I teach to clients the benefits of fear and anything else percieved as dark, heavy, negative and so on. Being more aware when they experience it can help then transform it to something else if in context and if thats whats needed.
Old 29-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepherd
I personally don't think people do anything wrong which warrants me having to forgive them. I suppose I am blessed with the curiousity, understanding and compassion for human behaviour.

Also if I feel wronged somehow then the issue is mine to explore and make peace with, blaming someone else for my feelings doesnt work for me, so forgiveness isnt relevant.
And that is the essence of forgiveness...to be in this place to not have anything to forgive.

Bravo, Shepherd.

Took me years to know this.

Old 30-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Racer X

Lesson 334 ~ Today I claim the gifts forgiveness gives.

Posted by johnc in Daily Lessons From A Course In Miracles on 30 November 2010 | no responses
I will not wait another day to find the treasures that my Father offers me. Illusions are all vain, and dreams are gone even while they are woven out of thoughts that rest on false perceptions. Let me not accept such meager gifts again today. God’s Voice is offering the peace of God to all who hear and choose to follow Him. This is my choice today. And so I go to find the treasures God has given me.
I seek but the eternal. For Your Son can be content with nothing less than this. What, then, can be his solace but what You are offering to his bewildered mind and frightened heart, to give him certainty and bring him peace? Today I would behold my brother sinless. This Your Will for me, for so will I behold my sinlessness.

ACIM teaches that forgiveness is ultimately an illusion. So too are all "things" ...... The majority of human beings are still trapped in a split field of consciousness, and the illusion of forgiveness is the quickest illusion to use to escape the trap. Forgiveness is the last illusion and when a sincere individual faces every inner illusion/demon and dispels them rather than clinging to the thoughts evoked by them....... forgiveness is no longer needed.

Some will do this once and it is done. Some will do this a thousand times and need to do it a thousand more. How will you know when you are done? A: The Mystery fills you and Ego is gone and replaced by the Divine Persona, The Christ within, The Buddha within, The Krishna Within, The Tao within, The Holy Spirit, The Self, The No Self; terms matter not, A Living Presence enters and is first felt as an Ecstatic State or Bliss or Unconditional Love or Grace. Again, the terms do not matter; the experience has occurred or it has not. Many will fake it when they here these words. Ego is a cleverly crafted critical non-being and it will not go without one hell of a fight and it will even conceal itself in "I do good works".

"The Good Old days", to an 80 year old these are the 1930's, to the 50 year old these are the 1960's, to the 6 year old these are RIGHT NOW! Why? A: The Good Old Days were when Ego was at its weakest! It was barely formed. Children adapt quickly because there is little "clinging" of Ego. Jesus said "To enter the Kingdom of Heaven you must become like these children." Simply restated in todays terms "To enter the Heavenly State of Mind/Being/Consciousness you must return to an Egoless age in your own Being."

Spend one year focusing on your Breathing and you will learn more than I or any other can teach you in a lifetime. Why? How? A: Simple, you will create "Space" for Truth to dispel the chattering mindless Ego.
This is the secret of ZEN........."Stop Thinking". What!!! If I stop thinking I won't know anything!@$@$%$% ................

That is the sound of Fear each has to break through. Thoughts will arise out of the silence but these are not the same as the chattering mindless Ego. Learn to Discern the difference through daily "paying attention INWARD". Focus on breathing slow and deep and the next step will come from within.

Combine ACIM with 30 minutes of morning Yoga and you will feel ...........ALIVE and Happy.

I Love you ALL, you are beautiful, take care of yourselves.

Last edited by Racer X : 30-11-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 30-11-2010, 05:13 PM
'thoughts that rest on false perceptions"

A gem.

I catch myself - my thoughts - doing that occasionally and knock it off fast with a smile of recognition of what is happening. Ha!
Thank you, Racer