Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 23-08-2012, 05:08 AM
Experiencer
I do believe there are a lot of spirits waiting to talk to anybody at any given time. The more open the person, the more spirit I think personally they attract. I guess its just about being aware of the potential and protecting yourself.

Ill share my story :)

For instance, myself. I know I have certain 'mediumship' skills, and that I can communicate with spirit, and I have on occasion. On of my spirit guides has been assigned of helping me with this particular 'ability.'
I can also tell that 'behind a door' there is just a line of about one hundred spirit waiting to talk to me. However, I am not ready to open myself completely up to that just yet.

HOWEVER (Haha sorry for this overuse of this word) it does not stop spirit completely, Ive had an old neighbour of mine who passed years ago pop up out of nowhere, as well as a couple of just 'wandering spirits'.

I would say that, if you are AWARE or have any sense whatsoever that you are likened TO BE MORE aware (I hope this is making sense :P) to protect yourself and call upon your guides till your ready. Aknowledge spirit, and respect them :) They will respect your descicion... as has my 'line of spirit' waiting behind a door has.

Sometimes as well, your personality can be very attractive to spirit on the earth plane as well as that from the other side :) Again its just about protection, if you wish to communicate - sheild yourself. Do not leave yourself open because you cannot 100% guarentee their intention, without first stating yours?

Now Ill stop rambling I hope this was of some help to you m'dear :)
Old 23-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Air

If there are any around me (I don't really think there are a lot... are there?) then I hope they find great help elsewhere. I stay inside all day, heh... I can't really help anyone in this state.

These are great responses, though. Thank you for making this thread, I've wondered the same thing myself often.
Old 23-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Knower
I guess the big question I have now is how do I protect myself? And do I have to ask my guides permission to be open or tell them i'm ready? Will they refuse if they don't think i'm ready even if I say I am?
Old 23-08-2012, 05:18 PM
Experiencer
Just by grounding and sheilding yourself love, I personally just invision roots going down into the earths collective and pulling up pure white energy, snapping it round me like a second skin then puffing it out so it surrounds me too :)

You will know when you are open and ready, your guides are there to do just that.. guide. They will respect your choices although they may advise against if they feel you are not ready - but that is all they will ever do is advice :)