Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 03-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Master
connect with the dead? oh i don't connect with them, at least not willingly lol, i was just describing what i defined as meduimship
Old 04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
or do you view beings on other dimensions? aliens faeres etc etc

does seeing those beings fall under meduimship as well?

I believe mediumship is just of level of the gifting.. If a person so desires to just stay at that level.. But, if they can see and hear spiritually then they also can travel in spirit, heal etc..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:32 AM
dennisoc

An interesting note to this topic:

During a standard 1 hour reading, with the usual group of loved ones in spirit showing up , my wife also had an Indian Guru guy floating on a carpet who came in as "teacher" to her client...and he was not dead...in a coma... suffering from alzheimers or any of the usual "out of body but not dead" reasons a person shows up who is not dead.

This guy IS very much alive and did communicate a simple but timely message with my wife for his "student" on the other side of the planet.

Sooo....once again the answer is "No...mediumship is not only limited to seeing the dead"

neat stuff
den
Old 09-04-2011, 02:01 AM
Administrator
Hello

Mediumship is working with Spirit Beings ( that does not mean just humans ) . All things living have a Spirit.

Working with both the Spirit World and the World around one's being Guides , Gauridans ect there are many layers. I more see the "dead" as being transformed from the physical body is all as we do not truly die.

I can have a chat with a living person I have yet to meet. I stopped one from stepping off a cliff to meet there physical body end, to later come to know them. As we can read energy with the other they knew well it was me. Our names simply had wondered on the same site.....thus creating a connection.

Lynn
Old 09-04-2011, 07:39 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisoc
An interesting note to this topic:

During a standard 1 hour reading, with the usual group of loved ones in spirit showing up , my wife also had an Indian Guru guy floating on a carpet who came in as "teacher" to her client...and he was not dead...in a coma... suffering from alzheimers or any of the usual "out of body but not dead" reasons a person shows up who is not dead.

This guy IS very much alive and did communicate a simple but timely message with my wife for his "student" on the other side of the planet.

Sooo....once again the answer is "No...mediumship is not only limited to seeing the dead"

neat stuff
den

I had to read this piece several times. I hope I've understood it fully.

You say the "guru guy" telepathically communicated a message through your wife (presumably sitting as an evidential medium?) to her "client".

Firstly why did he do that rather than speaking to his "student" directly?

Did your wife realise the guru was incarnate? Was she surprised or is this commonplace for her?
Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM
Deactivated Account
I read that there's a difference between 'clairvoyance' and mediumship, with the latter being only one part of it.

Taking this perspective, seeing lights, particles, dimensions etc would come under clairvoyance, whereas mediumship is defined as actually making contact with spirits.

But this is one view. I guess it's all semantics anyway.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 PM
dennisoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I had to read this piece several times. I hope I've understood it fully.

You say the "guru guy" telepathically communicated a message through your wife (presumably sitting as an evidential medium?) to her "client". Well....I guess you could say it was "telepathic communication". I have no idea what vehicle he used...mental...spiritual...southwest airlines ??? I have more trouble getting my mind around this than I do accepting her talking to the dead.

Firstly why did he do that rather than speaking to his "student" directly?Again...no idea. ...only assumtions. The relationship between teachers and guides and their students is a special one. The openess of the student is an important element. Maybe it was the "best" time for her to hear his message.

Did your wife realise the guru was incarnate? Yes. At the start of the session when she tells the sitter who the various folks are that are "coming through" she indicated that she thought this guy was not dead. Was she surprised or is this commonplace for her?Yes, she was surprised. It is not uncommon for people who are in coma, have alzheimer etc to communicate out-of-body with her...but this guy was doing this consciously.... purposefully choosing to communicate in an out-of-body way. He has sparked many interesting discussions between my wife and I as we try to appreciate the implications of the event.

Obviously you understand our interest.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:59 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
I read that there's a difference between 'clairvoyance' and mediumship, with the latter being only one part of it.

Taking this perspective, seeing lights, particles, dimensions etc would come under clairvoyance, whereas mediumship is defined as actually making contact with spirits.

But this is one view. I guess it's all semantics anyway.

Clairvoyance - and, similarly, clairaudience - are modes of mediumship.

Seeing lights etc. isn't clairvoyance.

"making contact" with spirit forms is not in itself mediumship....
Old 09-04-2011, 03:09 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisoc
Obviously you understand our interest.

Yes. It's a curious situation. It begs more questions if you don't mind...

Does your wife know this guru-guy's student and the location/address? How did your wife discern him? Clairvoyantly?

What was the student's reaction to having a message conveyed in such a manner? Accepting, understanding? Convinced about its authenticity?

"He has sparked many interesting discussions between my wife and I as we try to appreciate the implications of the event."

What have been your reactions/conclusions? Are there any implications?

What have been the reactions of others to what you've reported here?

Old 11-04-2011, 04:14 AM
dennisoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Yes. It's a curious situation. It begs more questions if you don't mind...

Does your wife know this guru-guy's student and the location/address? I doubt it. This was by phone and she only gets a name...oftimes not a real one due to the desire for annonymity by the sitter How did your wife discern him? Clairvoyantly? Well. To define terms. The dictionary says...clair·voy·ance 1. The supposed power to see objects or events that cannot be perceived by the senses.
2. Acute intuitive insight or perceptiveness.

My research deems her to be one of the worlds finest mediums. She sees and hears the spirits with astonishing clarity. She saw this guy in full form sitting cross legged on a rug floating right in front of her and heard his voice speaking very clearly with an Indian accent. He laughed a lot also. Would you consider that clairvoyant?

What was the student's reaction to having a message conveyed in such a manner? Accepting, understanding? Convinced about its authenticity?Very convinced and accepting. She identified him for my wife as one of her teachers. Obviously she is aware of his powers and seemed casual about his appearance like this.

"He has sparked many interesting discussions between my wife and I as we try to appreciate the implications of the event."

What have been your reactions/conclusions? Are there any implications? I freaked out hearing about it. My wife was surprised but not blown away. She takes paranormal events and her abilities very humbly and matter of factly. I ,on the other hand, am researching anew eastern mystisicm and astal projection which is what my mind tells me happened here. The more I learn about what she does and how the "otherside" works...the less I find I am able to use my concepts of reality that I have depended on for 60 years.

What have been the reactions of others to what you've reported here? This conversation is the farthest extent I have gone with it....for now.

wage peace
den