Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Whisperer

Wicca was bought into the mainstream by a chap called Gerald Gardner, he claimed it as a religion after the Witchcraft Act was demoted from law. He did say it was based on the ancient witchcraft and druidic practices but it is the mainstream religion and is much more structured so people can follow the practices in covens etc. Its more in the fore front than witchraft (which still has its negative connotations in the public eye - they still think of mad cackling ladies and spells).

Witches work with the energy of the Earth. This is raw energy that is neither light or dark, it is just energy (and blinkin powerful at that). Whether someone chooses to use it negatively or positively is up to them and their conscious. People who say they are 'dark/black witches' have initiated themselves into working with the Earth energies, just as those who have dedicated their path to the Triple Goddess and walk in the light. We are all bound by the same spiritual rule of karma and the ten fold rule, and those who dabble with the black arts will have to answer to that in their futures sometime.

I think alot of people get labelled as black witches though when actually they should come under other headings such as satanist or suchlike!! The Church has to keep the fear going somehow ;)

Oooh and to answer the first statement, white witches do indeed rock ;)

Last edited by Whisperer : 01-03-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:54 AM
Temperance

hmm id like to read that if you can get hold of it Jaycee :)

To my knowledge, Wicca is a religion based, in part, on ancient, northern European Pagan beliefs in a fertility Goddess and her consort, a horned God. Although the religion is a modern creation, ( i think in the form it is today, its existed for around 70 years) some of its sources pre-date the Christian era by centuries. Most Wiccans dont believe that their religion is a direct descendent of this earlier religion. We accually dont have that much info on what the celts practiced, aside from myths and legends, we know what they worshiped, and a little of how they did, so weve taken that, and added things onto it.

So whilst its not an ORIGINAL religion, it is based on an old one.

Quoted by Acended Master
" PS, throughout the ages, haven't people referred to 'dark witches'?
Or is that just what people have labelled them, on the basis they haven't a clue what witches really are?

Witches to me are 'manipulators of energy'? Or do witches have to practise wicca? Love and light..."

Well my friend, im sure your all familiar with the witch trials, which came about when the catholic church wanted to erradicate any other belief that wasnt christian. Their "Devil" as is known today, with the whole horns and demon looking appearance, was accually taken from the pagan god " the green man" (as hes most commonly known). They took the image as thier own, and spread that he was the eliged Satan as stated in the bible, hence saying that Witches who worhsipped such a being were evil. When in fact, he was the greenman, the concubine of Mother Earth, of all things loving and pure. So when it all started, people were under the influence of the catholic chuch said that the devil was evil and to worship the devil was evil.. hence, it was said that Witches were evil.

You dont have to be a practicing Wiccan to call yourself Wiccan, as long as you have the beliefs then thats it :)
Old 03-03-2007, 12:59 AM
Temperance

that about sums it up Whisperer. Thats what i was going to say.. theres the whole sanitist thing, which i think one of their symbols is very much like the pagan pentacle, but its reveresed, and to an uneducated eye, looks much like the pagan symbol.. hence people would put witches and sanitists in the same catagory.

I also forgot to ad that yes.. our energy is drawn from the earth, and you can choose how you use that energy, but to CALL yourself a wiccan, you cant use that energy for negative purposes, as that would be going against wiccas beliefs. You can call yourself whatever you want.. black witch or watever, but you are not a true wiccan.

Also, i hope i didnt affend any christians in my statements on my other post :)
Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Whisperer

Indeed, to me Wicca and witchcraft are different and I would agree that you couldn't have a black wiccan.

Just out of interest, did you know there are more depictions of the Green Man in European chuches than there are of Christ himself?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Temperance

hmmm no i didnt..interesting! Why would that be so tho? you do mean Catholic churches dont you? lol..odd.
Closed Thread