Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 17-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distortedsoundz
The only thing that I fully believe in is my personal experiences and detailed information that I've passed that has been 100 percent validated. I definitely see,smell,feel and hear energies/entities. The information that I get is usually spot on, although not 100 percent each and every time. I liken myself to an interpreter. But anyone that claims 100 percent is full of hot air.
I've been able to accurately tell the future or give verifiable information to many people. I also strongly feel that I channel something/someone else on a regular basis. I'm excited at the prospect that some day science will make some amazing discoveries involving the things that myself and others tap into with these same abilities.
Overall I have to say that I too have a lot of questions and can't fully understand, and I am okay with that, & secure in who I am. I stand by the "Don't put god in a box" and let the universe sort things out in it's own way instead of smacking people down left and right with rigid views.

Yes we are all here to learn and help one another. I am currently reading a book that I strongly suspect you would find helpful.
http://www.diannecollins.com/

I have been a medium for some time and this book has explained many things to me. I suspect that we are only scratching the surface of our human potentials.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 17-07-2012, 03:23 PM
mac

Quote:
Simply, someone who communicates with the deceased and carries out messages from the other side. Is that what is in question? That's kind of silly.

I'm not an individual who asks questions that are "kind of silly". When I ask a proper question about a subject on which there is great ambiguity, it's not in any way "kind of silly"?

I asked you as I've asked countless others on this and on other websites because the word 'medium' is one which is used to mean different things. Yours is yet another variant.
Old 17-07-2012, 03:24 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Yes we are all here to learn and help one another. I am currently reading a book that I strongly suspect you would find helpful.
http://www.diannecollins.com/

I have been a medium for some time and this book has explained many things to me. I suspect that we are only scratching the surface of our human potentials.

John

What kind of medium are you, John?
Old 17-07-2012, 03:33 PM
mac

Quote:
And yes, if you read what I wrote, I explained to the best of my knowledge what I myself as a medium does. I can't speak for everyone.

I didn't ask that you speak for everyone. I asked what you thought and I had read what you wrote.

You said "I personally feel that sure, some people are born with a naturally strong ability to communicate with the deceased, but those from the other side can and will come through to whoever, whenever it is appropriate." You didn't say that was what you thought a medium is or does. It isn't, incidentally, my understanding of a medium. That's simply communication.

It's also wholly conjecture that, quote: "....those from the other side can and will come through to whoever," and that situation is not born out in practice.
Old 17-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
What kind of medium are you, John?

I describe it this way.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=38269

As you said, that word "medium" means different things to different people. The spirits that I talk with do not need to be deceased or "not embodied".

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 17-07-2012, 08:00 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
I describe it this way.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=38269

As you said, that word "medium" means different things to different people. The spirits that I talk with do not need to be deceased or "not embodied".

John

For this simple soul perhaps you could just describe what you are/what you do in a few words?
Old 17-07-2012, 09:06 PM
Distortedsoundz

Well, I'm not sure if I am getting your tone over the internet, but it seems like you're getting a bit uppity about the whole thing. Of course asking that question is going to invite a broad range of responses, because different people=different perspectives. Which may turn it into something rather..Convoluted. I am merely attempting to provoke people (in a good way) to take what others say with a grain of salt and draw their own conclusions from their own feelings and experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
I'm not an individual who asks questions that are "kind of silly". When I ask a proper question about a subject on which there is great ambiguity, it's not in any way "kind of silly"?

I asked you as I've asked countless others on this and on other websites because the word 'medium' is one which is used to mean different things. Yours is yet another variant.
Old 17-07-2012, 09:23 PM
mac

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if I am getting your tone over the internet, but it seems like you're getting a bit uppity about the whole thing. Of course asking that question is going to invite a broad range of responses, because different people=different perspectives. Which may turn it into something rather..Convoluted. I am merely attempting to provoke people (in a good way) to take what others say with a grain of salt and draw their own conclusions from their own feelings and experiences.

You're confusing my serious approach with being "a bit uppity".

I asked you a question about yourself - I was interested in hearing what you had to say. I've been doing this kind of thing for years so I already know what the range of answers will likely encompass. But I still like to learn what individuals think and from that I gain a broader perspective. That helps my understanding.

I keep questions simple so answers are less likely to get convoluted - convolution most often occurs when folk fail to stay on topic, where they wander off into other topics.

Taking things with a grain of salt - what you're suggesting you'd like others to do - usually means dealing with matters lightly.

Not my style.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by light_knight
What do you think?

I think all souls or humans are born with the gift but, it depends where that individual is in their teachings and growth if they will demonstrate their gifts.. Thats like we all have a friend that think the spiritual gifts are silly or not true but, thats because where they are in the lesson plans of life.. but, you will see at times they still practise basic discernment etc.. without being aware thats what they are doing..

Those are my views..

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!