Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
*Not sure whether to laugh*

Who the heck is doreen virtue?

I can't be bothered to google it.

I searched Doreen Virtue, she's an author, she has (what I would describe as) 'the divine smile' which is probably synonamous with the smile of our Angels and Guides I should think.

Somewhat ironically, she has written a book about Guardian Angels!

Ye not unlike an Angel yourself Doreen!

Old 23-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Karlos
Hello and love to you all! This has been one of the most hilarious, fun and mind-bending (perhaps "gender-bending") threads I have EVER read! You are all Awesome with a Capital A.

Great one, Love&Light, my brother!!!

Blessings
Kar

I'm glad you got joy from this Simon! I guess it is very funny really!
Old 23-02-2011, 12:40 PM
Ascender

Don't you think you should concentrate on what's happening on this end and not so much what's beyond? You are here to experience this earthly environment so let's not get carried away with the astral plane, hehe.
Old 23-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Love&Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
Don't you think you should concentrate on what's happening on this end and not so much what's beyond? You are here to experience this earthly environment so let's not get carried away with the astral plane, hehe.

You might be right, I can't talk to my wife about such things, cause she's a non believer, (well she's just not particurlarly developed yet to be more accurate..) and she feels disturbed if I talk about it at length. Maybe I should put more into my marriage?
Old 23-02-2011, 04:03 PM
Guide
Love&Light, let me ask you this...

When you dream, how would you describe the environments you find yourself in? Very Earth-like, no doubt, right?

The place we "dream" is what I call the non-physical. It's also the same place we do our "astral projections" to. It *IS* the astral plane.

You will perceive your non-physical environments in a manner which is suitable to your consciousness. Meaning, that most of what you'll experience will be drawn from your own subconscious mind so as to make the most sense to you. For most people, this means very "Earth-like" environments, but it's really ONLY the way that you're perceiving it.

If you're a Trekkie... do you remember the episode of Voyager, where the Q take some of the members of Voyager to the Q-Continuum? ... and in one instance it appeared to them as a "road in the desert"? Q explained that he needed to show them the Q-Continuum in a manner in which they were able to comprehend it. The same holds true for our non-physical adventures.
Old 24-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Seeker

There are many levels to the astral plane. The first few lower ones have more negative energy and this is where a "Ghost" can get trapped. As you move up you get into places like healing, places where you can take classes and learn and teach, Ascended masters reside mostly in one level but can travel to other levels, Angels reside in another level, and God in the highest level of the astral. I don't know how this relates to other dimensions though, it seems like they are just another word for the same thing.

One thing that might surprise you is that your imagination plays a big role in how you experience the astral.
Old 24-02-2011, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritfirst
There are many levels to the astral plane. The first few lower ones have more negative energy and this is where a "Ghost" can get trapped. As you move up you get into places like healing, places where you can take classes and learn and teach, Ascended masters reside mostly in one level but can travel to other levels, Angels reside in another level, and God in the highest level of the astral. I don't know how this relates to other dimensions though, it seems like they are just another word for the same thing.

One thing that might surprise you is that your imagination plays a big role in how you experience the astral.
may i suggest, that God is far above the astral?
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 24-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Seeker

If I look at the levels as concentric, then god is on the outside and everything else contained within God. You may be right though, I haven't visit God yet.
Old 25-02-2011, 12:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritfirst

If I look at the levels as concentric, then god is on the outside and everything else contained within God. You may be right though, I haven't visit God yet.
you said God is at the highest level of the astral, but as far as planes go, the astral is very low among them...however, i do agree that all is contained within God, regardless of plane...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 25-02-2011, 02:30 AM
papadan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
you said God is at the highest level of the astral, but as far as planes go, the astral is very low among them...however, i do agree that all is contained within God, regardless of plane...
Good point.
One could sit and talk with a manifestation of the creator and not realize it at the time.
Our expectations and preconceived ideas are not necessarily what is a reality.
Where time and space no longer exists we may not recognize that which is part of all there is.
Levels, I think, would only exist as a figment of our imagination; a clinging to of an earth habit.
I have not encountered a true border of any type.

I was at a place once and asked by a woman why 'I' was 'There.' Yet I do not know where I was but was allowed to view hidden secrets while there.
Some that left me quite unsettled for a while.

In the late 60's and early 70's I was approached by friends occasionally that would tell me that they saw me in their home at night. Sometimes at the foot of the bed, a see-through form. A recognizable ghostly figure. Yet I was home sleeping. These people knew nothing about me and any unworldly things that had happened to me. This made me wonder what people really saw that had thought they saw ghosts.
There are many things I do not know.