Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 16-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Ascender

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2015/08/1...ientism-fraud/

The relationship of DNA, physics, metaphysics and Roger Penrose. This section of the interview with the Afternoon Commute refutes materialism, scientism and reductionism, as well as demonstrating the necessity of metaphysics -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=515&v=cR16TRyXOT0

Jay Dyer website - http://jaysanalysis.com/

Jay on Darwinism Deconstructed, Part 1 -

Published on 5 Jul 2013

In this discussion, I approach Darwinism in terms of its philosophical presuppositions. The focus of my critique is in terms of the Darwinian worldview and its origins. I will not be giving cheesy creationist arguments here: this is a historic, epistemic and metaphysical critique. Does Darwinism provide "explanatory power" for such issues as the origins of life, biological science, and man's so-called future progress (or lack thereof)? Is it "scientific"? Why is it so widely held? What are the strongest presuppositional arguments against it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkAQS8hP_R8
Old 16-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Ascender

As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.

— Max Planck, Das Wesen der Materie, 1944

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”.

- Nikola Tesla

“All perceptible matter comes from a primary substance, or tenuity beyond conception, filling all space, the akasha or luminiferous ether, which is acted upon by the life giving Prana or creative force, calling into existence, in never ending cycles all things and phenomena.”

– Nikola Tesla: “Man’s Greatest Achievement”, 1907

"Two thousands years later [after Christ] the cosmic life force will be finally discovered and made usable for mankind. It will overturn millennia of human thinking. It will fill gaps which are left gaping in old human knowledge full of errors. It will reveal God’s meaning which was made inaccessible by chemistry and bigotry alike. It will fill the cosmic space which was declared empty. It will establish the lawful harmony of the Universe. It will open up man’s souls to their own sources of faith and comfort. It will heal with great power and in simple ways. It will establish new ways of thinking, neither mystical nor mechanical, but alive ones, according to man’s place in the general scheme of things. This will be the way of the Life Energy"

- Wilhelm Reich

"Many scientists who are still part of the scientific mainstream are no longer afraid to openly state that consciousness / awareness could, in addition to space, time, matter and energy, be a fundamental element of the world - perhaps even more fundamental than space and time."

~ Jeremy Hayward (molecular biologist, Cambridge University)

“This place is a dream. Only a sleeper considers it real. Then death comes like dawn, and you wake up laughing at what you thought was your grief.”

― Rumi

Quote:
Crises are harbingers of evolution. Albert Einstein wisely proffered, “We cannot solve the problems with the same thinking that created them.” Consequently, the planet’s hope and salvation lies in the adoption of revolutionary new knowledge being revealed at the frontiers of science. This new awareness is shattering old myths and rewriting the “truths” that shape the character of human civilization.

New science revises four fundamental beliefs that shape civilization. These flawed assumptions include: 1) The Newtonian vision of the primacy of a physical, mechanical Universe; 2) Genes control biology; 3) Evolution resulted from random genetic mutations; and 4) Evolution is driven by a struggle for the survival-of-the-fittest. These failed beliefs represent the “Four Assumptions of the Apocalypse,” for they are driving human civilization to the brink of extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIr22Puh1Wk

Uploaded on Dec 26, 2010
Consciousness cannot be explained by materialism because it cannot be material -- the mind is more than the brain.

This atheist position posits three main arguments:
1. Irreducibility
- 1a) Qualia
- 1b) Leibniz's Mill
- 1c) Monochromatic Man
2. Phenomenological Non-Necessity
3. Correlation Conflation

We then link this Philosophy of Mind to the general philosophies of Schopenhauer and Nietzsche.

---

Despite the numerous attempts to salvage materialism/physicalism from this attack, the points explicated remain irrefutable.

Instead of attempting to explain consciousness by contemporary science, science must change to include consciousness as fundamental - as I am sure it one day will.
Old 17-08-2015, 02:42 PM
Ascender

If Everything is Consciousness, is Everything Conscious?

http://www.scienceandnonduality.com/...ing-conscious/

At this year’s conference I’ll be moderating a discussion between Bernardo Kastrup and physicist Christopher Fields. I was motivated to write this essay by some correspondence with Bernardo after my interview with him on Buddha at the Gas Pump. He and I were working from the assumption, certainly open to debate, that everything is consciousness – manifest creation being an excitation of that underlying field. We were discussing whether inanimate objects can be conscious.

—-

Advaita means “not two”. Advaita Vedanta is not just saying that at some deep, fundamental level everything is unified while the surface level is diverse. It’s saying that there is one unified Reality, and that all apparent diversity is nothing other than the One appearing as the many while actually remaining One. For example, right now we may feel that we’re looking at our computer monitors, but if there’s only Oneness, then the observer, process of observation, and observed must all be the same thing assuming those different functions while remaining Oneness. For the purposes of this essay, we’ll use the term consciousness to refer to this Oneness, although terms such as pure existence, God, Brahman, Unified Field, vacuum state, etc. might also suffice.

If there is nothing but consciousness, then there can’t be anything other than consciousness which would cause consciousness to appear as limited forms. Somehow, consciousness must do this to itself. Bernardo uses the analogy of a whirlpool, which seems to have a form, but is nothing but water interacting with itself. Physics speaks of the Unified Field as having a self-interacting nature, similarly explaining that at that level, there is nothing other than itself with which it could interact.
Old 18-08-2015, 11:15 AM
Ascender

What Is The Shamanic View Of Mental Health?

Broadly speaking any form of awareness around mental health that includes spiritual, mystic and/or mythic considerations could be included in a shamanic view of mental health. This ranges from ancient indigenous shamanic practices to yogic methods involving kundalini awakening, through to Jungian and transpersonal psychology (which draw heavily from ancient cultures) in modern times. Jung, for example, characterised schizophrenia and psychosis as a natural healing process.

http://upliftconnect.com/shamanic-vi...mental-health/
Old 21-08-2015, 08:32 AM
Ascender

http://www.madnessradio.net/madness-...hael-cornwall/

What if people struggling with madness could explore their emotions in a supportive sanctuary? Do frightening ‘psychotic’ experiences have the power to transform and heal? Is breakdown also breakthrough?

Michael Cornwall became a therapist after surviving his own crisis — without medication or psychiatric treatment. For more than 30 years he has worked in the tradition of Carl Jung and R.D. Laing to support people to go through psychotic states in medication-free community settings, including John Weir Perry’s Diabasis House in the 1970s.
Old 21-08-2015, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupava
I enjoyed what a shaman sees in a mental hospital with regards to treating schizophrenic symptoms.
http://http://disinfo.com/2014/06/shaman-sees-mental-hospital/

Read the myth of mental illness by Thomas szasz if you really want to realise what a joke psychiatry is,and yes I agree that that they exclude the spiritual completely which is problematic because the cause is spiritual.

That is an interesting read.

Quote:
hippocrates started the idea that it was a bodily malfunction prior to that everyone knew it was a spiritual issue,or awakening most outside the west still do and because of that they have much higher recovery rates for schizophrenia than the west.

Reading Madness and Civilisation by Foucault gives me an impression of the historical progression of madness in european society and the psychos that arrived at the biological model - it's very interesting.
Old 21-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Back Seat
Schizophrenics have a god given power that some societies refuse to understand. So society labels them as crazies or freaks and locks them up.

That's not exactly the case, and since de-institutionalisation the the link between mental illness and homelessness has been an issue. The balance between self determination and intervention is precarious and shouldn't be oversimplified - even though I'm oversimplifying that...

Quote:
Adjectives like crazy or freak are used those that don't understand. So how can someone judge anyone whom they don't understand? This makes no sense.

Schizophrenics have very active spirits. If not allowed to explore this ability in a conducive environment, they can become stuck with negativity and suffer from it. Some societies are so caught up in dogmatic traditions that anything different is not excepted. Schizophrenics that are so sensitive to societal energies that they can have a complete break down when exposed to anything negative. Schizophrenics can be very intelligent and creative if shown a positive supportive environment. Some societies see "schizophrenics" as gifts and accept their spiritual power. Schizos make great shamans if they are allowed to explore their abilities

Sometimes I wonder of schizophrenics are normal, while those stuck in the materialistic, narrow minded, tunnel vision, egotistical, black and white, dogmatic world are the crazy ones

The kind of generalisations you make are your 'story about' and not the actual told story from the horse's mouth, and when I hear 'schizophrenics are' stories I feel I should suggest reading some first hand accounts of the psychic experience and how it affects the social world.
Old 21-08-2015, 09:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
What Is The Shamanic View Of Mental Health?

Broadly speaking any form of awareness around mental health that includes spiritual, mystic and/or mythic considerations could be included in a shamanic view of mental health. This ranges from ancient indigenous shamanic practices to yogic methods involving kundalini awakening, through to Jungian and transpersonal psychology (which draw heavily from ancient cultures) in modern times. Jung, for example, characterised schizophrenia and psychosis as a natural healing process.

http://upliftconnect.com/shamanic-view-of-mental-health/

Awesome thread, man, and totally a holistic view.
Old 26-08-2015, 07:30 AM
Wasco

Hey Being,

You should check out these sites if you have not already. madinamerica.com and beyondmeds.com (lots of info on the subject), they talk about the things you just mentioned.
I also have had mental health problems most of my life but I am more the neurotic kind of type. I think psychose is healthier than neuroticism and more healing when given the right support. (there are also different causes of psychosis of course, my grandmother was a shizophrenic because of severe longterm alcohol abuse that caused brain damage known as korsakof syndrome so that is pretty much irreversible, but some people are shizophrenic because of trauma)

You should als look into supplements maybe ? Niacin and vitamin c, for example ? Andrew saul writes on this topic.
Old 28-08-2015, 06:52 AM
Ascender

Thanks Wasco, yes am already familiar with all that.