Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 24-02-2012, 08:13 PM
shehari

@Krishna/onAPath:

Thank you very much. I will try them out.

Shehari
Old 24-02-2012, 09:06 PM
ArianHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shehari
Hi to all!

I have been thinking of meditating for a long time now. I have been suffering from (Well.... I know the word depression is being understood in various kind of ways..) let me call it a melancholic mood all my life. I have gone thru some traumatic experiences as a child which led to this state of mind. I developed controlling mechanisms, depression, and some other disorders... anyway long story there...

I read and heard that meditation isnt always very healthy for people who have gone through traumas, but then there is this transzendental meditation where they say it has helped so many with Post traumatic stress disorder. I am not suffering from that, but I was wondering how to start with, and if it is changing anything?

THankful for any kind of replies.

She

Hello :)

I have depression too (if you would like to PM me about that, feel free to talk to me, i do youtube videos on that kind of stuff!) I'm starting out on meditation and its doing good. I think someone may have already mentioned this, but it depends what kind of depression. I know there is manic depression (bipolar disorder) which I dont know if doing meditation could lift you out of that, but "normal" depression (eg, not PTS or SAD or PN) I have read that meditation helps a lot of people - doctors recommend it!

Anyways, i think you will be fine. Just start off slow. You can always PM me, as I said, and I think you have nothing to worry about because i think it means schizophrenia or something to the effect where you have hallucinations?

Blessings,

Arian Hawk
Old 24-02-2012, 10:34 PM
storymaker

Hi to all!

I have been thinking of meditating for a long time now. I have been suffering from (Well.... I know the word depression is being understood in various kind of ways..) let me call it a melancholic mood all my life. I have gone thru some traumatic experiences as a child which led to this state of mind. I developed controlling mechanisms, depression, and some other disorders... anyway long story there...

I read and heard that meditation isnt always very healthy for people who have gone through traumas, but then there is this transzendental meditation where they say it has helped so many with Post traumatic stress disorder. I am not suffering from that, but I was wondering how to start with, and if it is changing anything?

THankful for any kind of replies.

She
.................................................. .................................................. ....

Hare Krishna!

Dear Shehari,

I am sorry about your state of mind and it pains me.
Instead of going for meditation or any such other ways please try the following means and at a later stage of your life you can try for meditation. "UMA" in a way is very much right that now you should not try meditation. Most of us do meditation unknowingly that it is in fact something like inviting a huge elephant into one's house. So, if the house is not strong enough and if the elephant suddenly appears and enters, it will cause a disaster. So, initially it is absolutely important that mentally and physically we build up ourselves (Please no biceps and muscles !). We should prepare a beautiful and loving mind and heart, ready and prepared to accept the results of meditation nonchalantly.

What would be best for you is look for like-minded nice boys and girls, make friendship, learn to smile and laugh again. Look up at mother nature, the beautiful flowers, birds, brooks, innocent babies. All will make you feel good and will slowly change you into a normal and very loveable and loving person. The best medicine for you is to run,jump,cuddle, cry, giggle......with the babies and small children. This alone will do wonders for you. Please do not stay away from anything.

Dear Shehari, this whole world is perfect with the balance between good and bad. You will become a much happier person when you will learn to accept both. We often come to a grief in life only because we are always prepared to accept good alone.

Lots of love and best wishes,

SM
Old 28-02-2012, 01:03 PM
shehari

What does acceptance mean?
Old 29-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Master
Quote:
What does acceptance mean?

Hi... I've been following this thread and I find it very interesting.

The past you mentioned must've caused you some distress.

I think it's wonderful you are now moving forward and looking to resolve and overcome everything. That intention is powerful and very positive.

Utmost honesty with yourself is the principle of the way of being prepared to face yourself as you are, truthfully and objectively, with an attitude of love and kindness.

There are good meditative methods for introspection and healing, and I think Krishna mentioned a very simple and effective method earlier in this thread.

I wish you wellness and encouragement... and every happiness.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Andy Loren

Breathing meditation is a nice exercise for solving the depression problems. Meditation and yoga is really useful and helpful to make your body healthy and keep out from depression.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Guide
Please do no mre than 10 mins per day.
Sit in a quite place and simply watch your breath.
Let me know how you get on.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.
Old 03-03-2012, 12:26 PM
hoonsince89

I always found meditation released all my negative emotions and gave me a feeling of connectives with god/the earth. I never felt alone and always had reassurance.

For me it was like downloading the information needed to overcome my problems.
as OnAPath said. You may have feelings arise which arn't pleasant, and this can continue for sometime if you continue meditation (once again speaking from my own experience) but this is just your body/mind acknowledging it and letting it go. The feelings will pass and you will be reborn into a more powerfull/wiser spirit.

Im no expert, but i believe this is the best way to relieve depression!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:45 PM
happylife

Transcendental meditation is very powerful to get rid of depression and many doctors recommended their patients to practice it . Those who practiced it, stop taking pills any more.

in order to pracrice Transcendental meditation , just sit in a quiet place on a chair with closed eyes for 20 minutes twice aday and you will get incredible results.

anewlife-now.blogspot.com
Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Could some one P.N me with some ways to meditate?

shehari... Here are some gentle meditations you might like to try:

Heart Meditations - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.cphp?t=4106

Three Steps into your true nature - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...2551#post32551

Xan