Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-10-2018, 03:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Psychic Development

Hi everyone!

To start off the post, over the course of 2 years I have been developing my empathic and intuitive skills. However, I’m at the point where I just can’t seem to “turn it off” and I’m constantly feeling anxious and manic-depressive. I have reached out to a psychotherapist to help get my moods under control through cognitive behavioral therapy.

Is there anyway to further develop these gifts (courses, meditation, etc.) and how can I develop these gifts without feeling super hypersensitive all the time? It has gotten to the point where I am self isolating because I’m feeling too much energy at once. It’s overwhelming.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Master

What do you try to achieve? What empathic and intuitive skills have you developed, and intend to develop? How?

I would stop it until I figure it out what's wrong with what I'm doing.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:20 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
What do you try to achieve? What empathic and intuitive skills have you developed, and intend to develop? How?

I would stop it until I figure it out what's wrong with what I'm doing.

that is the advice the whole world gives. I'm not sure I agree with it though.
Old 07-10-2018, 03:06 AM
Newbie ;)

What I need to achieve is to develop a stronger intuition. What’s puzzling me is that I’m recieveing so much information that I’m having problems with sorting out fact from fiction. Because of this, I’m consistently dealing with a lot of anxiety.

What I think is causing this to come forth is that I am reaching a new phase of life (adulthood) and in the last 2 years, so many shifts to my life occurred; when I thought I knew everything, someone pulled the rug up from under my feet and shifted my whole perspective of life.

Naturally, I am very claircognizant, I know things without knowing them and understand motivations behind actions. Because of this, I sometimes think things are true that aren’t necessarily true because in the past I was right about a lot of things before.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:08 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumeri
What I need to achieve is to develop a stronger intuition. What’s puzzling me is that I’m recieveing so much information that I’m having problems with sorting out fact from fiction. Because of this, I’m consistently dealing with a lot of anxiety.

What I think is causing this to come forth is that I am reaching a new phase of life (adulthood) and in the last 2 years, so many shifts to my life occurred; when I thought I knew everything, someone pulled the rug up from under my feet and shifted my whole perspective of life.

Naturally, I am very claircognizant, I know things without knowing them and understand motivations behind actions. Because of this, I sometimes think things are true that aren’t necessarily true because in the past I was right about a lot of things before.

I believe I understand what's happening ...

Both in human's life, and in soul's evolvement, there is a similar progression: instincts, emotions, intellect, intuition.

The souls that incarnate as humans pretty much master instincts, are dominated by emotions, started to use intellect, and only barely are aware of intuition. Without being able yet to master emotions, souls have to incarnate in physical where space and time slow down reality creation, and can practice mastering their emotions. Dreaming is where humans can test their mastering of emotions. Non-physical planes are instantaneously thought-responsive, and emotions quickly avalanche into nightmarish situations. Fear is the main emotion that has to be brought under control.

During our human life we follow the same progression: as children we are controlled by our instincts, as youth we're dominated by emotions, as adults we graduate to use our intellect, and with age and experience we learn to recognize and make some use of intuition.

Obviously, human souls are each on a different levels of evolvement, and humans don't progress with same speed through life. Variations are significant.

You are at the stage where emotions control you (you wrote that you're just entering adulthood), while trying to develop your intuition. This is the cause of your problem: you can't jump stages. You have to firstly learn to master your emotions, fear especially, then substantially develop your intellect, and only after that you can successfully work on developing your intuition.

That's why your intuition isn't reliable, because it is overridden by your emotions, and your intellect isn't yet able to bring support.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:

Hello,

My understanding is that none of us know as much as we think we do on any subject. That is why that rug gets pulled out from under us. So that we can become wiser.

One of the considerations which gets very overlooked is that no matter how much divine information we receive, there are many many ways to get those insights, we still are required to use our human intellect to process and comprehend what we have been blessed to receive.

Our human intellect is not as good as we would like think it is for this task. Some humility is required for that integration with our divine inner wisdom.

I am a big advocate for co-creation with our higher self. In my view, you can not get very far in life without personal spiritual guidance from your own higher self. No matter what your divinly inspired goals are, the right kind of assistance can make your efforts productive and enjoyable.

I hope that my perspective on this will resonate with you.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 07-10-2018, 01:25 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
The best tool you have here is envisioning, and it doesn't matter what you envision as long as you choose the strongest one to suit you. If you're receiving too much information then you could envision a wall with a small slit that will 'filter' and allow only a small amount of information/energy though at a time. The slit could also be opened or closed to control the flow. You could also envision the information as a stream that flows through the slit. If you want to envision something else that feels stronger, by all means do so.

It doesn't help if you're trying to distinguish fact from fiction because all you're really doing is dividing your consciousness. There is no fact nor fiction, there is just consciousness of what is in the moment. Take what resonates with you at the time, let the rest go. Distinguishing fact from fiction is incompatible with your claircognizant because the two are very different 'sets' of consciousness, facts and fiction come from object consciousness and claircognizant comes from space consciousness. The other thing is that if you are going through a different stage in your Life that might also be affecting your gifts, obviously if you're changing then your gifts or abilities might change too. What you consider to be the truth is also going to change, because everything from how you process to what you become conscious of also changes.

Personally I'd advise concentrating on your psychotherapy first and foremost, because that is the framework for anything you're going to do later. Once you have those issues under control your gifts will have a more solid foundation. Fretting about your gifts not being 'valid' is also adding to the problems, and if you put them to one side that's half the battle. The other thing you have to take into consideration that few Spiritual people want to think about is that there are tangible links between Spirituality and mental health, and what some seem to do is focus entirely on their Spirituality and forget anything else. What happens is that they only have more issues because there's a part of them that isn't acknowledged. Just be sure of your reasons for wanting your gifts, because if you want them as 'compensation' for your manic-depression then it really doesn't help, you can't 'cure' something by ignoring it.

I'm border-line schizophrenic and also claircognizant, and those two together give me something of a unique perspective on reality. Trying to juxtapose gifts and everyday reality can be something of a challenge but can be achieved with a little practice. It's understanding how your gifts and the solid world come together, it's not always so black-and-white.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:26 PM
Newbie ;)

Though I’m 27, I’ve been at the same emotional stage since I was 12. Up until 2 years ago, I repressed my emotions with antidepressants and swept everything under the rug. I’m learning to better manage my emotions, however, I still do have a problem with emotional regulation at times. I’m at a confusing stage in life where I’m entering the stage of intellect, however my emotions are still not quite under control which is causing a lot of confusion and anxiety.

Yesterday I booked an appointment with a intuitive consultant. She gave me a few tricks and things to try when i get mixed messages. I have to learn to be aware of my own body... when something is true how it makes me feel versus when something is fiction or projected negativity how my body responds differently.

Im at a transitionary stage in development... I have to go back and relearn things I should have learned a while ago so I can move forward. Everyone moves on their own timeline and I think this was my souls time to learn these things.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:20 PM
Administrator
Hello

Grounding and Protections. I am what is called and Open Channel there is no off or down time for me. There is nothing that stops me from sensing things or hearing spirits around me. I am never alone, I can hear and feel the emotions of everyone around me.

I have learned that this is me its whom and what I am, and that I can do things to control things from becoming a part of me. I use protections, and I use grounding tools. I wear crystals and I put up walls around me. I too embrace being me fully and completely that is the biggest part of living with the aspects that make us up.

For me being so open I should seek out isolation and not want to be around people yet I thrive on the energy of being in and around people and activity. I have learned that its a "vibration" that I feel and not something I have to see as being deeper than an "energy". Its when we make it human or we make it a part of emotions or physical we then can be over run by it all.

Lynn
Old 07-10-2018, 05:56 PM
Experiencer

My thoughts on the matter: While developing your intuition, you have become overly confident about the information you are given. Thinking things are true that are not, hence not being able to know when your intuition is right.

What i do with most information is that i see it as "might be true or might be not true" until further information is given, and work from there. You can also analyze different possibilities (usually there are many things that are true when something happens. Multiple intentions for example.)