Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I've noticed a pattern over the last couple years. It seems when I develop more spiritually or new abilities arise, it's followed by a quiet period of nothing going on at all. It's like I get to a certain point of development and it stops. It could be I'm adjusting to new energy and I need these periods of rest to digest a bit. I've been in a period of rest for almost a month now and haven't even meditated nor had the desire to. I also haven't had many dreams like I usually do, and when I have dreamt this past month they are negative and weird.

Does anyone else experience these spiritual ups and downs? What calls you back or sparks it up again?
If you define them as highs and lows that's what they'll become in your reality, and you'll just end up bouncing from one extreme to the other. Not clever. We go through cycles as we move though time and that creates two sine wave essentially, the human and the Spiritual aspects of ourselves. When we reach a Spiritual peak the human is in a trough and vice versa, and while consciousness makes the change instantly it takes time to make changes in this third density. When you're doing nothing you're not doing nothing, you're absorbing and adapting and the process doesn't need our input - which is why you have no inclination to meditate. Most likely meditation would be an interruption.

Dreams are often expressions of your subconscious mind, and they are ways for the subconscious to 'communicate'. The subconscious is very different to the conscious so if you're trying to use logic and reason to understand your drams it's not going to work. Try surrealism and symbolism.

You'll move on when you're ready, when you've 'digested' the changes. Until then, if you don't feel too Spiritual then don't push it because that's also a part of the process - look on it as Spiritual sleep if that helps. It's also a reminder that while you can be as Spiritual as you want to think you are, you still need to use the toilet. It's all about equanimity and balance.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:52 PM
Guide

Beautifully said, Winter Song. I think all I had to do was acknowledge that it's been pretty quiet for me lately and just like that, things are starting to happen again! It seems I have an undeniable telepathic connection to my baby nephew and it blows my mind!
Old 08-10-2018, 02:55 PM
Guide

Thanks Greenslade. I'm not going to over analyze these periods anymore and just go with the flow.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:25 PM
Master
Quote:
I've noticed a pattern over the last couple years. It seems when I develop more spiritually or new abilities arise, it's followed by a quiet period of nothing going on at all. It's like I get to a certain point of development and it stops. It could be I'm adjusting to new energy and I need these periods of rest to digest a bit. I've been in a period of rest for almost a month now and haven't even meditated nor had the desire to. I also haven't had many dreams like I usually do, and when I have dreamt this past month they are negative and weird.

Does anyone else experience these spiritual ups and downs? What calls you back or sparks it up again?
that happens to me too, it comes and goes in waves.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:37 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Thanks Greenslade. I'm not going to over analyze these periods anymore and just go with the flow.
You're welcome, Lucky. Actually it's probably the smartest move you'll ever make, to go with the flow and stop analysing things. The bottom line is that we're going to 'get there' either because of or despite ourselves, the only real question is how that happens. That's up to you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z57LEvkmlb0
Old 13-10-2018, 03:33 AM
Master
Quote:

The day I decided to jump off the spiritual see-saw...

When I noticed this happening, it usually meant I required a good grounding - when you get to this point, ask the child within what he/she wants to do. I also go to the beach, or paint/colour...or just watch Jay Shetty videos..

Take it back to basics when you get bogged down and don't try to force anything...just allow it...and wait patiently without making it too obvious that you are - to avoid expectation and disappointment.

Show gratitude for all your 'spiritual highs' and the true test is when you can start doing the same for your 'lows'...they all exist to teach us a lesson, isn't it?
Old 13-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Guide

Thank you so much for this. When I feel the low come on it is a signal to ground and get back in my body for a while. Ha, all I had to do was mention I was feeling a little bored lately and wham! The magic started happening again! I've come to accept both the highs and lows for what they are...it's not a race.
Old 15-10-2018, 08:31 AM
Master
Quote:

Integrating new awareness into the lived experience often reflects this for me. Over time you don't notice the shifts and patterns but more live and let the openings blend into you and life as one. Rest is good to allow things to move differently, connect in new ways. NEgative and weird dreams can be the opening of something deeper, so if your body is not ready through the last opening, you might not be able to source the nature of it as you need. I always remind myself in the nature of more coming through we are balancing and preparing for more through every shift. If you rush the process you may miss those vital aspects to carry you through the next shift. Everything is a source of interconnecting the bigger picture. What you have sourced last shift, may require a few shifts to put that together. It is a journey so life is the place as long as your life is.

One thing I have learned is you don't lose what you have opened too, its a constant integration that will in its own time support you for why it opened in you to begin with.