Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-06-2011, 08:22 PM
gentledove

Quote:
Adonai (what we often say in place of the tetragrammaton) is associated in Kabbalah with the attribute or emanation of chesed...of compassion, lovingkindness, and love. This is is the attribute of God that defined the relationship of Abraham to God...A relationship of complete submission and trust based on humility, respect, admiration, and affection in the most intimate sense...

This interests me because I once heard a strong male voice say the word "adonai". It was quite striking because I'd never "heard things" before or since. This was before I'd ever consciously seen or heard of the word. It caused me to look it up...however, I didn't get this interpretation, this meaning when I read about it. I don't even remember what I read then, but it didn't strike the kind of chord this interpretation would have...thanks for this.

Quote:
Jacob loved all of God's nature. Which is all of our nature in its best and most evolved form, not leaving anything out that is God's due, that is our own due, and that is what we owe one another under God. According to our tradition, this is the relationship with God that we should all strive to attain.

This is truly beautiful 7L!
Old 04-06-2011, 07:56 AM
sprinter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistscholar
It has come to recent attention that the bible explains of two "entities" under the title "God".

One is present throughout the first page and a half or so of the bible under the title "God", as "God" is the name we have translated from the original writings.

However, in addition the remaning thousand and more pages of the bible speak of a LORD God as oppose to the God mentioned in the opening.

I was curious as to what all of you, the spiritual community make of this dichotomy.

Is it a result of many different authors being responsible for the bible's creation?

or, is it so that LORD GOD and God are two very different entities? (God being the nurturing divinity and LORD GOD being the vengeful, punishing, wrathful, jealous ruler)

First off Ts, I was wondering did you reach these conclusions from actually reading the Bible or were they just 'taken on faith' from trusted sources?

Cause, if you did bother to read it once or twice you might have discovered that the Bible actually speaks of "Three" entities under the title of God, not just two.

What do I make of the 2 entity dichotomy,,,, false dichotomy.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
Cause, if you did bother to read it once or twice you might have discovered that the Bible actually speaks of "Three" entities under the title of God, not just two.
This sounds very interesting. Could you explain more about this?
Old 05-06-2011, 02:01 AM
sprinter

Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
This sounds very interesting. Could you explain more about this?

Sure theo,
One 'being' who is God,
3 individual personas, Father, Son, Holy Spirit.
All three personas posses identical attributes ie one in mind, purpose, substance, nature, essence.
All equally God. Refer - Bible

(Braces self for the inquisitors)

It took me a long time to actually 'get' that and not just 'say' that.
Old 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprinter
(Braces self for the inquisitors)
That's probably a good attitude to take on this forum.
However, I'm not one of the inquisitors since I agree with you about the Trinity.
Old 12-12-2012, 12:56 AM
tkpruel

God vs Lord God

This is a subject that baffled me for years, In chapter 1 of Genesis it says God created man in his image after his likeness, male and female created he them. Gave them DOMINION, which is Lord ship, ruler ship, assigned them food to eat, told them to go forth be fruitful and multiply. NOTE: that on the 7th day God ended his work and rested. Then in the 2nd chapter the Lord God FORMED a man of the dust of the earth. The woman the Lord God made from a rib of the man. Well U know the rest of the story, It seems as though the 1st man that God created is that Lord God, since God almighty gave him Dominion, which made him ruler over everything. Then he Formed another man, to tend to the earth.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoistscholar
or, is it so that LORD GOD and God are two very different entities? (God being the nurturing divinity and LORD GOD being the vengeful, punishing, wrathful, jealous ruler)
I think it has to do with the multifaceted way the Hebrews saw their god. Other cultures had multiple gods to reflect their diversity of thought, but the Hebrews had one god.

As people we have a side of us that results in violence and a part that values things like compassion and forgiveness. People have been fighting forever so I think it's unfair to think bad of the vengeful angry side of the Hebrew god.
Old 13-12-2012, 01:26 PM
Ascender

There has ALWAYS been two high Spirits being, the Father and his son ,(John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. and John 3:16). Regardless of how many are taught there are "three in one"). Many believe Jesus was “ALWAYS HERE”, he wasn’t despite their misunderstand of Revelations, “alpha and omega” , (Rev.1:8). Jesus NEVER spoke a lie, so he would NEVER say he was always here if he really wasn’t.

ONLY Jehovah/Yahweh, the God of Israel, ALWAYS WAS, (Isa. 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God). Jesus was the FIRST, of ALL Angels to be created, (Colo. 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature).
Jehovah God made the first ANGEL, he created, his begotten son ,( Heb. 1:4-6 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they. For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son? And again, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him).

These scriptures alone should be proof that Jesus WAS created. But here’s another, where Jesus is speaking from Heaven, (Pro. 8:22-30 , Jesus said “, I was brought forth”). Showing he was created, AFTER, his Father’s existence.
So usually when you read in capital letter,…”LORD GOD” ,LORD” or “GOD”, it replaced the name of the God of Israel Yahweh. Though the English version is Jehovah ,kj bible ,(Psa. 83:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth. And Isa. 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation).

The word “god” in small letters usually mean Jesus. And many make it seem as though the “LORD GOD”, (which isn’t names but titles, he wanted us to know his name. or he wouldn’t have let it be known), is this nasty, “jealous ruler” ,who as NO love in him. But IF that was so true, he wouldn’t have send his son to die for us so that we make have that chance of eternal life, (John 3:16,17).
If he wasn’t a “nurturing divinity”, he wouldn’t care if we are destroyed, (Ezek. 33:11). He wouldn’t let us know, he’ll be there by our sides, (Isa. 41:13 For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee). And (Pro. 18:10 The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe).

He tells us to stick with him, and satan basically will think twice before he comes to you ,(James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you). Just because Jehovah God isn’t one to played with , as so many believe he is ,( Gal. 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap). And whatever he said he will do, (Isa. 55:11), even if it IS… destroying those who refuse to serve him ,( Pro. 10:29 The way of the LORD is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity). Doesn’t mean he isn't a loving God ,(Psa. 145:8,9- The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy. The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works). peace
Old 14-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Bluegreen

The God in Genesis I believe to be God manifest, emanated from the Absolute, the Causeless Cause etc. The Lord God in the Bible I think are the Elohim, the creative Gods/forces.

This is an interesting site:

http://users.ez2.net/nick29/theosophy/lessons04.htm