Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 09-11-2015, 10:30 PM
Seeker
dealing with loss through exercise

I recently lost someone very important in my life

to deal with that i've been going to the gym- i have been wanting to loose weight anyway and i figured this would at least keep me from laying in bed all day

what i've found is, when my mind is cluttered and i'm crying and just feeling like i'm every where emotionally that exercising, specifically for me, running- really helps center me and suddenly I feel better, although it is temporary.

I don't know if it's actually healing to my soul or if it's just an endorphin rush...but either way, i'll take it.

i'd imagine there is some body soul connection - or is it all endorphins and i'm just tricking my body to make my mind feel better?
Old 09-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Master
Thats great harleyquinn ,yes it would be increasing serotonin, and moving chi. I cant exercise at this time due to illness so I have to find other ways to center.All the best with moving to a better place ....
Old 11-11-2015, 01:23 AM
Master
Exercises technically can induce a process called autophagy on a cellular level, which actually is the same thing why "Fasting" is good for you! well we (fast) every night when we go to sleep. And during this process your cells clean themselves, of many things! and also chemicals and toxins which can make you depressed. And also yes endorphin's released after exercise, also help elevate your mood. (That's only the surface of what happens to the physical body, acutely due to exercise).....

Is it healing for soul of maybe some trauma..? well anything that positively effects your state of being! must slowly but surely in my opinion be healing you on more levels of yourself (The physical body is only one aspect of ourselves, and the most primitive). So if you feel good, as a result of exercise......Then slowly but surely, these emotions will fight your negative or saddened emotions.

And maybe one day they will be gone!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:16 AM
Deactivated Account

It's a spiritual experience for me. Your challenging mind, body and soul. On top of it, your only getting stronger. Keep up with it!
Old 11-11-2015, 05:48 AM
Seeker
thank you all!

even if it is just "endorphins" or a fake high, it's helping my body and mind become stronger- so i'll take it :)
Old 20-05-2016, 12:52 AM
Knower
I'm sorry for your loss. Exercise has many benefits. If it's working for you then you should definitely keep doing it. Losing someone you love is one of the hardest things we can ever go through. All I can say while the pain never fully goes away it does get easier to live with over time.
Old 24-09-2016, 03:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Improved self-esteem is a key psychological benefit of regular physical activity. When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain.

Endorphins also trigger a positive feeling in the body, similar to that of morphine. For example, the feeling that follows a run or workout is often described as "euphoric." That feeling, known as a "runner's high," can be accompanied by a positive and energizing outlook on life.

Endorphins act as analgesics, which means they diminish the perception of pain. They also act as sedatives. They are manufactured in your brain, spinal cord, and many other parts of your body and are released in response to brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. The neuron receptors endorphins bind to are the same ones that bind some pain medicines. However, unlike with morphine, the activation of these receptors by the body's endorphins does not lead to addiction or dependence.

Regular exercise has been proven to:

Reduce stress
Ward off anxiety and feelings of depression
Boost self-esteem
Improve sleep
Old 05-03-2017, 07:43 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Sorry for your loss.

As other posters have said, it could be chemical (endorphins).

But in another way, exercise can be a momentary distraction and diversion is always good. If you are able to channel your sadness/grief into a goal (like exercise), you will find this is an excellent way to not only move forward with your life, but also accomplish something amazing. And the very act of actually accomplishing something is incredibly rewarding.

Having said all this, you can't make exercise (or any other activity or goal) an escape. If you ignore your grief or bottle it up, it will eventually bubble up when you least expect it.

You need to acknowledge your grief and cry whenever you feel like it. If you want to spend an entire day in bed, then do it. There's a time and place for everything. Some days you need to focus on your grief, and other days you should be working towards something.

The key is balance.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by danse macabre
Sorry for your loss.

As other posters have said, it could be chemical (endorphins).

But in another way, exercise can be a momentary distraction and diversion is always good. If you are able to channel your sadness/grief into a goal (like exercise), you will find this is an excellent way to not only move forward with your life, but also accomplish something amazing. And the very act of actually accomplishing something is incredibly rewarding.

Having said all this, you can't make exercise (or any other activity or goal) an escape. If you ignore your grief or bottle it up, it will eventually bubble up when you least expect it.

You need to acknowledge your grief and cry whenever you feel like it. If you want to spend an entire day in bed, then do it. There's a time and place for everything. Some days you need to focus on your grief, and other days you should be working towards something.

The key is balance.

Danse, the poster of this thread was over 16 months ago. Just wondered if your aware she is most likely not in that place now. Well she could be I suppose, anything is possible. But I thought perhaps you were not aware post are dated..

Good advice all the same.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 07-03-2017, 04:31 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Danse, the poster of this thread was over 16 months ago. Just wondered if your aware she is most likely not in that place now. Well she could be I suppose, anything is possible. But I thought perhaps you were not aware post are dated..

Good advice all the same.

Oops sorry.

No, I didn't realize this post was so old.

I'm pretty new here. I was just browsing posts that resonated with me. I've been dealing with grief a lot lately.

Anyway, maybe my message will help someone else who finds this post.