Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 15-01-2014, 10:11 AM
tigereye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
I haven't read through all of this, so please forgive if I am repeating something. I just recently learned that dairy causes a lot acne.
Yeah. I gave up dairy for more than a year and if anything, my skin only got worse. I went back to it shortly after posting this thread, and never saw any difference, but I also get my milk from a good source that doesn't pump hormones into their animals, so that might have something to do with it.
No worries
Old 20-01-2014, 10:34 PM
sweetbeefaerie

I actually did a youtube video about this because I have struggled with acne my whole life as well--these things worked for me when nothing else would:

tea tree oil--absolute miracle for acne. most effective when mixed into witch hazel(you can get witch hazel at places like walgreens and you should be able to find tea tree oil in health food stores in the beauty section or sometimes even at grocery stores or places like walgreens)

apple cider vinegar-If you are willing to take this orally, you'll not be sorry. you can either take 3 shots of it a day or you can get the apple cider vinegar vitamins and take three of those a day. read up on the effects of apple cider vinegar on acne, it's quite amazing. something I do which you can do too is apply the apple cider vinegar like you would apply toner after you wash your face

garlic-garlic is an anti biotic and is VERY effective. I like to make a paste with garlic and rub it on the effected areas

lemon-lemon juice(straight from the lemon would be best)will dry it out which will cause shrinkage and also it bleaches the skin which will help with redness

honey-natural, raw organic honey is amazing. every time I take a shower I have a honey jar in the shower and upon getting in I generously lather the honey all over my face and let it sit there for 20 minutes and wash it off. read up on honey and acne-also amazing.

banana peel-for a natural moisturizer that will not do anything bad to your face, before you go to bed rub the inside of a banana peel on your face and in the morning wash the residue off your face. it sounds silly, but it compliments your skin tone making your skin glow and it looks beautiful.

instead of washing your face with store bought face washes, I suggest just washing it with water every night and morning or just once a day. as long as you keep up with it you're golden. It's not adding anything to your face chemically, it is simply keeping it clean which will keep acne causing stuff away better.

This information all probably looks a little scattered, but i hope it helps you out--I stand by all of it. doing this naturally will absolutely be your best bet.

ps-something I like to do is to mix all of the ingredients I've listed for you into a terrible smelling mixture and if it turns out with a thick consistency I'll put it on my face for an hour like a face mask but if it turns out runny I'll wash my face with it for a night or two.
Old 23-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Experiencer

I am so sorry the lemon juice stung! I feel so bad... it stung me too, but it did help....man, I feel sooo bad.
Old 23-03-2014, 04:43 PM
Master
certainly diet should help here i think. 100% organic "hay combining diet" with no junk food, avoiding sugar, carbonated drinks. mercury fillings can most definitely cause acne. i think its worthy noting where the acne is in comparison to acupuncture meridians. if its jaw bone then it could be the stomach meridian and/or the small intestine.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 23-03-2014, 10:34 PM
tigereye

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
certainly diet should help here i think. 100% organic "hay combining diet" with no junk food, avoiding sugar, carbonated drinks. mercury fillings can most definitely cause acne. i think its worthy noting where the acne is in comparison to acupuncture meridians. if its jaw bone then it could be the stomach meridian and/or the small intestine.

Hi there. I don't really drink fizzy drinks at all, except for sparkling water. Most are way too sweet for me, especially because here they're all cane sugar or aspartame, which agree both really sweet. My mum is a dentist, so after a lifetime of being told what not to eat and how to brush my teeth, I don't have any amalgum (mercury) fillings, and don't eat much sugar at all. When I do very occasionally use it, say in cooking, I use unrefined and organic muscovado (because it's far, far less sweet and tastes of molasses, which is a flavour I do like in certain dishes). As a matter of fact, I was a test subject recently for a science class and my results skewed the whole test so much, the first thing the instructor said was "you don't eat much sugar do you".
So sugar and dairy, and mercury have all been ruled out. Any other ideas?

I will have to look into the acupuncture. I don't get many around my jaw line but I get loads around my nose, forehead, upper lip, and inner cheeks along the cheekbone

One thing I thought of whilst having a horrid allergic reaction recently (I'm allergic to money - certain people find this fact hilarious, but I now have to wear gloves when shopping because I get rashes from the nickel-plated steel coins the UK started using in 2012) was whether any of my allergies might be related to the acne. Even if the irritation from a mild reaction might be enough to trap acne-causing stuff. For example, I don't use SLS or SLES in any products I buy because of a build-up of itchy, then weeping, then scabbing sores I developed on my scalp after decades of using normal shampoo, which went away when I went sulphate-free. That was confirmed later after a visit to the hairdressers when my symptoms returned immediately after having used SLS again. Yet, anti-itch creams and a bunch of the prescription meds they give out seem to contain SLS. I usually check these days the minute I get a prescription.
Similar story with fragrances. I am badly allergic, and though I don't use any in any of my products, I get reactions on and off from coworkers wearing excessive amounts of the stuff. I usually carry antihistamines for that reason.

ETA: Can I just ask, what's a "hay-combining diet"
Old 23-03-2014, 11:26 PM
Master
Hi back :)
sparkling is carbonated which is carbon dioxide, an acidic gass that your body is trying to rid itself of with every out breath. gives you a lift but is rapidly acidifying. most folk might get away with it but from what you're saying id avoid it.

hay diet http://www.haydiet.co.uk/Protein_vs_carbohydrate.html. basically no concentrated starches with concentrated proteins as they require different types of digestion and mixing causes the starch to ferment the protein- not good. certainly an excellent and easy diet for the immune compromised. allergies to fragrances? sounds like mild multiple chemical sensitivity. meds mean acid blood with little or no minerals and vitamins and could cause/aggravate acne depending on how many and how often.

the colon meridian goes up either side of your nose and the forehead is a reflex zone for the colon (people who crinkle their foreheads are constipated- not that you are).

did this suddenly start occurring or have you had it as long as you can remember? one course of antibiotics or one injection can do similar to folk. are you gluten free? worth trying for 5-7 days if you're not. 100% organic is first base. salt pipes are great for the colon as they soothe the lungs (great for scent allergies) which flow into it, meridian wise. also balance your immune system somewhat. tai chi would be great!

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 24-03-2014, 08:12 AM
tigereye

Quote:
Originally Posted by vecta3
Hi back :)
sparkling is carbonated which is carbon dioxide, an acidic gass that your body is trying to rid itself of with every out breath. gives you a lift but is rapidly acidifying. most folk might get away with it but from what you're saying id avoid it.

hay diet http://www.haydiet.co.uk/Protein_vs_carbohydrate.html. basically no concentrated starches with concentrated proteins as they require different types of digestion and mixing causes the starch to ferment the protein- not good. certainly an excellent and easy diet for the immune compromised. allergies to fragrances? sounds like mild multiple chemical sensitivity. meds mean acid blood with little or no minerals and vitamins and could cause/aggravate acne depending on how many and how often.

the colon meridian goes up either side of your nose and the forehead is a reflex zone for the colon (people who crinkle their foreheads are constipated- not that you are).

did this suddenly start occurring or have you had it as long as you can remember? one course of antibiotics or one injection can do similar to folk. are you gluten free? worth trying for 5-7 days if you're not. 100% organic is first base. salt pipes are great for the colon as they soothe the lungs (great for scent allergies) which flow into it, meridian wise. also balance your immune system somewhat. tai chi would be great!

I do tai chi already. I've had this since I was about 11 and hit my first growth spurt. I've only more recently been on meds, so that wasn't the cause. I had been taking no meds at the time, was a healthy child with very low refined sugar intake and pretty much never ill. I didn't have my first course of antibiotics til I was 17, six years down the line, and then again for tonsillitis when I was almost 18. I've only been on them once since, and that was between last July and November.
I tried gluten-free for a few months because an old flatmate was intolerant. My skin was never worse than at the end of those few months.
Looking at the Hay diet, I have to admit, I eat pretty much like that anyway, more due to ease of cooking than anything else. Never knew there was a name for such a thing. I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast (high starch), high protein for lunch (very often a soup with lentils or dried split peas, or a more neutral salad with something like tofu and boiled eggs - I often eat tofu with lunch, but only started a year or so ago and it didn't make any difference to my skin) and dinner depends on what I have time to cook.

As a scientist, I feel I have to debunk the body acidosis myth. There have been hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of studies I can find in the databases that prove the acid vs. alkaline diet makes no difference to the pH of the body. Nor does it alter osteoporosis, nor does it cause cancer (cancer doesn't grow well in an acidic environment, just like the rest of your cells, but it is the high level of metabolises from malignant tumours that causes the acidosis in that case). The reason is, your body neutralises the pH in your digestive tract. Your stomach produces acid to break down food and in the process, acidifies previously alkaline food. It moves into the duodenum at the start of the small intestine, and is neutralised by bicarbonate before moving on. So by the time things are absorbed in the small intestine, the food is neutral. In terms of blood, if you encounter acidosis or alkalosis, it's generally a problem with the lungs or kidneys. It is very difficult to become aklalaic without taking a massive quantity of alkaline substance because most of it is neutralised in the stomach. Even then, the blood pH doesn't really vary, and your urine simply becomes alkaline to balance things out (which is equally dangerous since a lot of metabolises don't dissolve so well in alkaline solutes, meaning hello kidney stones). Your blood only becomes alkaline if your kidneys don't work, or for a short period after hyperventilating. The same is true for acidosis - your blood only becomes too acidic if your kidneys don't work properly, you're lungs are damaged, you breathe too slowly (which you can't do for long), you exercise (because of the lactic acid) or you have a metabolic anomaly such as a malignant tumour. Why? Because of CO2 and haemoglobin. When pH increases, CO2, an acidic gas, binds to haemoglobin and becomes bicarbonate (an alkali). Not only that, but centres in your brain and other parts of your body cause a reflex increase in respiration, breathing out unbound CO2 to increase the pH again. It's your body's buffering system, meaning your pH shouldn't really vary much from normal if you're healthy. The only exception is in exercise because of the lactic acid, and that returns to normal fairly quickly.

When I was test-subject, my blood pH was measured, and I was exactly 7.40 - where I should be. Acidosis occurs at 7.35, and alkalosis occurs at 7.45 (neutral is 7, so the body is in fact slightly alkaline, even when it's "acidic"). My pH only fell when I did high-intensity exercise and had returned to normal by the end of the class.

I somehow am doubting it's my diet now. I've tried gluten free, dairy free, I eat healthy. About the only vitamins I'm likely to missing is vitamin D (confirmed and I'm now supplementing because even though I'm outside all the time, the UVB rays can only actually reach this latitude for a couple of months of the year) and possibly iron or vitamin B12, because I don't eat meat very often as it's too expensive. Thats the reason I eat a lot of tofu. Iron less so because I get it from green veg, but B12 isn't in high enough quantities in plants to get, and I hate seaweed which is the other big source

Edit: I also don't think I'm allergic to all fragrances, but rather one or two related synthetic petrochemicals. I am fine with essential oils, and the only plant allergy I ever had was to cultivated juniper (wild Scottish juniper gives no such reaction). I discovered my nickel allergy when I was 15 or so.
ETA 2: I think it's also worth mentioning that my allergies have a genetic basis - my mum has a far worse fragrance allergy and had a similar, but more severe response to the same cultivated juniper, but is fine with wild juniper. My sensitivity to SLS is a little more severe, and my nickel allergy is far more severe. My mum can still wear nickel-white gold or 12k regular gold but generally wears rhodium-gold instead to avoid it. I can't wear white gold unless it is rhodium gold, or 24k or I will react to nickel, so I generally wear sterling silver
Old 24-03-2014, 05:09 PM
Master
sorry i can't help, all the best with it.

Old 29-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Djurplagare89

Hm... I had problem with that also a years ago. Its horrible, I know!
What I found out was that eating vegan does like the most remarkable changes of your skin. Skip gluten as well and keep up eating nuts with healthy oils instead. Do it for a matter of time, but NOT too long! Our body need protein from meat to function, but in generous amounts.
Hope thatll do. :)
Old 22-12-2014, 07:23 AM
QueenCubano

Hi !
I use Phillips milk of magnesia for acne . The milk of magnesia dries it up . You can apply it over night with a q-tip but first moisturize your face and in the morning wash it off . Another option is green or white isopropyl alcohol it can be found in any grocery store in the beauty aisle . Just simpl y wet your face with cold water then dap the wash cloth with alcohol and scrub downwards to remove the oil/dirt from your pores . Then wash your face with cold water again and moisturize . Do this morning and night . Hope that helps !