Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 12-11-2017, 02:43 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelRain
It’s crazy how I keep stumbling across threads and videos these last few days which mirror what I’m going through. A past trauma came up which caused me to literally flip on my mother. It was something that happened during my teens however there were a few things she’s still does to this day. I tried confronting her about it when it occurred but she would just blow me off and get angry. My brother was a bad seed during those years and she took her frustration out on me. Something happened and I lost my temper. Said things to her and my brother that I’ve wanted to say for years. Hurtful things. I’m just so tired of their treatment towards me. So I think this exercise will help.

Yes I find frequently when I'm going through something a reading, video or thread pops up that is exactly what I need to hear.

Hope this exercise helps you - it did me.
Old 23-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
The following came to my attention through a webinar on finding your soulmate.
Most of our blocks and fears stem from our childhood. I think you could even say that it is mostly related to one or both our parents. Not that we should blame them, we experience things we wanted to learn as a soul, and our parents did the best they could with the tools they had.
Doesn't change the fact that the core of most our issues stem from that time.
Now if you know what your blocks are, your fears, you can help yourself get through them quite easily.
Thing is, you only have to deactivate 3-4 memories where these fears were triggered. That's all. You do NOT have to work on each and every event in the past where it took place. Just 3-4 of them is enough.

So let's say you have fear of abandonment, you have to deactivate 3-4 for instances where this happened in the past. This can also be a situation later on in life by the way. It is best to take the ones that affected you the most.

How to go about it:
- first visualize a place where you feel safe. Where you feel totally you, free, and completely safe.
- then you focus on the block / fear, in this example abandonment.
- relax, breathe, allow a memory to surface where you experienced abandonment.
- now go in that moment. What happened? How did you feel?
- think about it in present tense! So "I feel scared" and "She is shouting at me." and "the room is cold."
This will help you to really get back into that moment.
- if you can't get into the feeling -which can happen cos no one wants to re-experience very painful things- you will have to guide yourself further with questions.
- questions can be: what is she saying? How is she saying it? How does that make me feel? What am I doing now? What do I feel in my body? How do I feel being in that room/space/place?
- Do not let your mind distract you from going deeper to avoid feeling the pain. Keep refocusing on the moment, steer yourself back to it, but do so with a loving 'touch'. Don't judge or scold yourself.
- really allow yourself to feel all this. necessary step to come to healing.
- then ask yourself how you would have needed it to go in order to feel good about it.
- Why does that make you feel better? Does it make you feel safe? Accepted?
- Give that to yourself, visualise this ending, and really feel it. Revel in it. Enjoy the good feeling.
- Allow the relaxation to flow through you and take a few minutes to let this sink in.
- Then go back to the first place you visualised, where you were safe and happy. Come back from the memory you just healed and stay in this place for a few minutes.
- Feel yourself sitting in your chair, become more aware of where you are in the here and now. Open your eyes.

If you don't feel strong enough to go there on your own you can do this with someone else that you trust. Then they can ask the questions as well, guide you through it.
If you don't feel ready to go there, then please don't, because it can be very emotional.

Why this is so effective?
It's basically inner child work. Childhood traumas tend to 'freeze' in time and we take those frozen pieces with us in adulthood. Those hurt parts of the inner child never developed, never grew up into adult parts, because they were frozen solid.
By doing this visualisation you thaw that part. You soften it. Then that part can blend in with your adult you and won't bother you anymore.

If you do this with 3-4 memories of a block or fear, you will notice this block and fear will start to lessen, will get less hold on you.
I've been busy with it a few times, and it does bring tremendous relief and healing.

So I've been working on my solar plexus because fear is the area that I've struggled with most of my life. I came to realize that I never felt safe in my home growing up. Every time things almost got better something or someone else would move in and make my life hell. It's why I moved out at such a young age, why I stayed in my room a lot of the time and just avoided everyone. Thats crazy