Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-02-2019, 10:14 AM
Master
Learning to accept responsibility for yourself.

I am starting to believe that those people who accept that they are God are very wise and brave. It is an act of courage to accept responsibility for your self. I know that because I am scared of responsibility.

Christians hand over their responsibility to Christ and ask that Christ be responsible for them. Is it not wiser and braver to be responsible oneself? Of course one can still love and surrender to Christ. However now it is a case that "I am God too".

I think it is brave and wise to accept that "I Am God".... however much it scares me.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I am starting to believe that those people who accept that they are God are very wise and brave. It is an act of courage to accept responsibility for your self. I know that because I am scared of responsibility.

Christians hand over their responsibility to Christ and ask that Christ be responsible for them. Is it not wiser and braver to be responsible oneself? Of course one can still love and surrender to Christ. However now it is a case that "I am God too".

I think it is brave and wise to accept that "I Am God".... however much it scares me.

Interesting Post Honza....

Why are you scared of responsibility? The way I see it is we are responsible to try our best, nothing more nothing less, if you try and fail after putting your best into something then that's fine.

' Best to have tried and failed than never to try at all.'
Old 05-02-2019, 11:43 AM
Master
I somehow feel that I am accountable for the wrong in the world. That I have to 'pay' for it. Because I am God. It is irrational I know.

Old 05-02-2019, 12:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I somehow feel that I am accountable for the wrong in the world. That I have to 'pay' for it. Because I am God. It is irrational I know.

It is irrational to me but to you it's not and it seems to be hurting you so mybe it's time you change the way you personally look at things...

Is is Gods fault for all the wrong in the world? I'm sure you will answer ' No ' so how can it be your fault?

Does God step in and change the misery in this world? Again I'm sure you will say ' No '
Who can change the world? Is it God or humans? It's humans. We are all responsible but until everyone sees this unfortunately nothing will change and instead of feeling that there is no hope for humanity we have to do what we can in our own Families /Communities so that it's like the ripples from the pebble thrown in the sea.

You don't have to pay for wrongdoings of humanity, you and you alone are responsible for your own actions, as I am for mine. We can but try to the best of our abilities and that's good enough
Old 05-02-2019, 03:30 PM
Master
That does make sense. Somehow, and I am not sure how, I have got myself into a terrible psychological/spiritual mess. I need help but it is not coming. So I am trying to sort it out myself. I thank you for your words of support.

Old 05-02-2019, 04:24 PM
Master
Quote:
That does make sense. Somehow, and I am not sure how, I have got myself into a terrible psychological/spiritual mess. I need help but it is not coming. So I am trying to sort it out myself. I thank you for your words of support.

Sometimes we can't get ourselves out of something we got into because we are using the same thought processes .

Keep posting and mybe others can help you unravel your mess, I'm sure you'll get there, just keep an open mind.

Probably your illness isn't helping either, your battling to many things all at the same time, enough to drive anyone to distraction.

Never give up One day at a time....
Old 05-02-2019, 11:13 PM
Master

Quote:

Honza maybe oneness with God is a better way to see it than being God and everything flows from that. I see it that if we are God its only because of our nearness to God which is through love. Bedrock stuff.
I'm not sure Christ didn't preach a relationship of this kind whereas of course it is downplayed into something less friendly but that's the religious effect trying to turn us off the right path

"I have been united to Him, because the lover has found the Beloved, because I love Him that is the Son, I shall become a son.
Indeed he who is joined to Him who is immortal, truly shall be immortal"
Old 06-02-2019, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Is is Gods fault for all the wrong in the world? I'm sure you will answer ' No ' so how can it be your fault?

This puzzles me. How can God NOT be responsible for what goes on in the world? The world is a part of Him. He affects it. Perhaps God is more responsible for what goes on than we realise.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
This puzzles me. How can God NOT be responsible for what goes on in the world? The world is a part of Him. He affects it. Perhaps God is more responsible for what goes on than we realise.

Ok lets look at it in a way that you think God is responsible for what goes on....

Did God cause the Holocaust, was he responsible. ?

Did God cause the Inquisition, was he responsible.?

Did God cause the 1st & 2nd World Wars. ?

I could go on and on filling pages
Old 06-02-2019, 10:28 AM
Master
You pose a question - was God responsible? But you cannot prove He was not. I am not definite that He was responsible. But neither am I sure He was not.

God is not separate. He is part and parcel.