Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 29-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Master
May All Sentient Beings Be Happy.

A short simple Buddhist prayer, but what is happiness. How can we wish happiness for all when everyone's definition of happiness is different ?

Have to put my thinking cap on
Old 29-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Deactivated Account
I perceive that the term 'happiness' is commonly used by our culture to describe transient, short-lived states of elation that are predominantly conditional... It is also, as you indicate, used in a highly subjective manner and applied to many varying circumstances and experiences depending on the individual using that term... Therefore, I find it more practical to encourage individuals to strive for a state of contentment and inner-peace (peace of mind) in their lives. Not a state that is dependent on any particular set of external circumstances being present, but a state of being that is internally-generated and brought about through important inner-work and significant conscious growth & awareness expansion... Easier said than done of course - but absolutely worth the hard work and effort...
Old 29-05-2016, 08:42 AM
Master
I am thinking mybe ' Tranquility ' of mind but I'm still exploring this idea.
Old 29-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
A short simple Buddhist prayer, but what is happiness. How can we wish happiness for all when everyone's definition of happiness is different ?

I guess you could say, it is anything you describe it as, upbeat, content, in joy and more..
You can wish for others anything, but generally I feel that
modelling is a powerful tool and most often just holding your own presence, is naturally reflected and conveyed, in both feeling, actions, body language ..etc..So in being yourself you radiate naturally. Often now days for me, I feel more centred. So even as I laugh and smile, feel grounded and content within, I don't hold onto feeling but rather experience its affects as I experience life in process. I am mostly more in flow of being more *even keeled* now days..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 29-05-2016, 08:57 AM
Suspended
Happiness is like a cup of coffee or any drink. That cup of drink is blessing, upholding, raising, encouraging, praising......... nothing of depression ,sadness, lost, lacking........ objective mind willing to open to the world, accepting and offering with good will and have good mind. This cup of coffee is happiness.
Old 29-05-2016, 01:26 PM
Master

Quote:

Whatever the other thinks of the Ultimate Destination, it is their unique ultimate happiness.
Wish this personal destination for the other.
Old 29-05-2016, 01:42 PM
Master
Can a Sentient Being be happy whilst its minding its own business, existing at a higher frequency unseen by humans, cloaked as a rock; only to be stacked by what it assumes is a human, into a vertical stack of stones on a beach ? LOL

It probably thought, 'What the ***. How can he see me ?????'.
Old 29-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Whatever the other thinks of the Ultimate Destination, it is their unique ultimate happiness.
Wish this personal destination for the other.

That is the problem Serrao, I cannot wish for, say a terrorist to be happy as their idea of happiness is to maim and kill.
Old 29-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristran
Can a Sentient Being be happy whilst its minding its own business, existing at a higher frequency unseen by humans, cloaked as a rock; only to be stacked by what it assumes is a human, into a vertical stack of stones on a beach ? LOL

It probably thought, 'What the ***. How can he see me ?????'.

If you think that is happiness then so be it
Old 29-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Master

Quote:
That is the problem Serrao, I cannot wish for, say a terrorist to be happy as their idea of happiness is to maim and kill.
There is accepting the reasoning of the other.

And there is teaching the other too, when one's own reasoning differs too much from the other's reasoning.

But indeed, this is very complex.

Best is to do your own thing and stay out of trouble, because there are most certainly very evil people out there.