Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 18-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Master
How does one say "I" or I AM in Hebrew?

And how does it relate to YHWH or Yahweh?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 18-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Sister Rags

Here's a good explanation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_that_I_Am
Old 18-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Master
I saw that, thankyou. Some of the guys here have a better understanding of the subject than that.

Old 18-06-2014, 05:45 PM
heartsmart

hey why do u say yahwe? just curious
Old 18-06-2014, 07:35 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
hey why do u say yahwe?

As opposed to??

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 18-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsmart
hey why do u say yahwe? just curious

It is a long story.....apparently Jehovah is a mispronounciation of Yahweh. It is very complicated and I've been over this before in my head, but some reminders would help.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
It is a long story.....apparently Jehovah is a mispronounciation of Yahweh. It is very complicated and I've been over this before in my head, but some reminders would help.

Hebrew scripture is written without vowels.

When vowel signs were developed, the vowel signs for Adonai were placed into the tetragramaton as reminder to substitute that term when reading aloud YHWH. When you add those vowels to YHWH you get "Yehovah" which was never the name of G-d, which led to the erroneous Christian translation of "Jehovah."

L'shalom,

Peter
Old 03-08-2016, 09:57 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
Hebrew scripture is written without vowels.

When vowel signs were developed, the vowel signs for Adonai were placed into the tetragramaton as reminder to substitute that term when reading aloud YHWH. When you add those vowels to YHWH you get "Yehovah" which was never the name of G-d, which led to the erroneous Christian translation of "Jehovah."

L'shalom,

Peter
You may have missed the vowel letters or vowel consonants if you will. Yodh,Waw,Hei this would've been the transition stage before the vowel signs were added. The so called name YHWH is spelt without vowels because of the different dialects back then. One dialect which is also Phoenecian is YaHaWaHa which is funny because in my language Waha means mouth. According to the so called Scriptures when this God figure gave Moses the so called name AlefHei YodhHei the dialect that is now accepted as Hebrew is EH YeH and is translated as I am that I am, or even I am that I will be and to me is I and I which can be AlefTaw. The dialect that I prefer is AHIYAH. It's again funny because Ahi in my language is Fire/Light, so since there are cultures that refer to Yah as Great Spirit I prefer to look at that supposed name YAH as the unexplained energy.
What I really want to ask you is using the now hebrew language could you translate the word Maori that would be MemAlefWawReishYodh, the Waw is a Vowel consonant. In my language Maori simply means Ordinary Man/Woman/People.
Shalamah.
Old 14-12-2015, 07:38 AM
Master
I just found on an English-Hebrew translator on the internet that the English "I" in Hebrew is
Quote:
אני
How does one say that in English?

Old 08-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
I just found on an English-Hebrew translator on the internet that the English "I" in Hebrew is How does one say that in English?

First off, אני is pronounced "ah-nee."

Second, it also means "I am," because there is no present tense form for "is" or "are" or "am" in either Biblical or modern Hebrew. What is often translated as "I am that I am" is, in Hebrew scripture, written in the future tense.

L'shalom,

Peter