Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 09-06-2016, 12:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
What I found interesting in the video is how he said a person has to have gotten themselves almost to the higher state of consciousness for transmission to work. It other words, if you are traveling from Hawaii in the Pacific Ocean to the California coast, you pretty much have to hit the sand in California with your boat for transmission to be possible. The master would "push" or "pull" you onto the beach. So really the answer to the question, "Is transmission possible?" according to the teacher in the video, is it depends. It's possible if you have gotten yourself close to the higher state of consciousness. If you are not close to it, no it is not possible.

Do I believe it is possible? Yes I have done it. Really it is not hard to do if you (and the person your are working with) put energy and attention into that.

Hi Ryan,

I believe you have said you have never felt energy before.

Can you share what your experience with transmission was like?
Old 09-06-2016, 01:51 AM
Master
I don't have a problem with the concept of a soul, and I don't have a problem with his using this terminology. In the presence of someone who is centered in their soul, I'm not sure if transmission would be the right word though, there can be a natural resonance between teacher and 'seeker' that draws the 'seeker' into their own soul. Transmission seems too directed for my liking, too much from teacher or guru to 'seeker'. He does say "a meeting between 2 souls" though and this to me is better than 'transmission'.

Watching another of his talks (on why awakening is so rare) he says “If the teacher doesn’t have the qualification or the ability to awaken the seeker, there is no method or practice that can manifest this awakening” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dREb3mM_tdk

He is convinced that transmission is essential, and I'm not sure that I agree with that.

He also says in this second video that "Realization of peace, bliss and freedom is the very reason why we exist." I believe there is also "the knowledge of Brahman" that needs to be realized, as well as the development of the Higher Senses - peace, bliss and freedom are not enough.

Last edited by django : 09-06-2016 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:01 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Hi Ryan,

I believe you have said you have never felt energy before.

Can you share what your experience with transmission was like?

We would need to be using the same concepts of what a person is. I think that relates to the energy comment as well. What concept of "you" or self I was referring to that could not feel energy. Energy would need to be defined as well. Then transmission would have to be defined. What are we talking about as far as what is transferred? What is it specifically and how and why does it affect a "person?" (We would have already agreed on a concept of what a person is or what aspect of a person we are talking about.) So yea a lot of work to get to any true communication.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:03 AM
Master
'Energy transmission' sounds more like kundalini shaktipat, which really is a transmission of energy that is felt by the recipient. IME resonating with a 'teacher' gives no felt energy experience, but advanced psychic abilities do appear which again IME cannot be sustained without somewhat regular contact with the teacher.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
'Energy transmission' sounds more like kundalini shaktipat, which really is a transmission of energy that is felt by the recipient. IME resonating with a 'teacher' gives no felt energy experience, but advanced psychic abilities do appear which again IME cannot be sustained without somewhat regular contact with the teacher.

Good stuff django.

This is what I am familiar with, this also will help explain what is meant by soul to soul with regard to the video. This is from a mystical Christian tradition but the same practices are done in Mahayana Buddhism. Think of the merging aspect as a more advanced yidam practice.

Transmission is a component of many traditions, but it a major component of the inner (or mystical) aspects of the gnostic Christian tradition. Transmissions can be "sent" by divine beings and also masters or adepts of the tradition.

There are two main types of transmission. The lower form is at the level of the "mind" and is often called a mind transmission. The higher form is at the level of the heart (or inner heart) and is often called a "light" transmission.

A mind level transmission is commonly associated with the 3rd eye (mind) and is at the astral level. Energy is sent in a directed way to another being, and this energy is translated by the mind into some sort of vision (or healing). The experience (and power) of the transmission is highly dependent on both the clarity of the sender and receiver beings. Depending on the "frequency range" of the transmission, issues and fears in the subconscious mind may be hit. The resulting mind translation can create a very wild perception/experience. This is also why astral travel/mediumship is not recommended in many traditions, as it is possible for the mind to be "fooled" or for negative beings to hide behind deep subconscious issues and fears. Finally, this type of transmission is still at the level of duality, as the mind still believes there are two beings (sender and receiver) and hence is subject to things like the perception of "shielding".

A light level transmission is very rare and at the level of the "inner heart" or soul. To send such a transmission, one must have realized oneness, or in Christian terms be at least a highly developed "saint" (or master of the tradition). To even notice/receive such a transmission one must have an open heart (open 4th chakra). A light transmission is beyond the local mind and is a communication directly at the soul level. Depending on one's integration at the soul level, the information is then sort of "decompressed" into components that can be understood by the mind. Those with a developed third eye and the capacity to receive a light transmission will often "see" the transmitting soul which can look like a multicolored burning bush at the level of conscious mind.

In a light transmission, the sender has realized oneness and sort of "overlays" their aspect of consciousness on the person, then the natural "light" that they are flows through. In a light transmission, everything that is the sending "being" is included/given to the person. In the process, it is more about the persons ability to "receive". To the receiving person it can feel like "being in a bubble" or like their body pressure has dramatically increased/gotten heavy. Additionally, a divine being/master can share/extend mind clarity (peace that passes human understanding) and the Holy Spirit (Kundalini) in the process.

Transmissions are normally at the "grace" of the divine beings. Mental clarity and an open heart are the key in contacting divine beings. Once one realizes oneness, you can directly overlay/merge with divine beings up to your relative clarity.