Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-06-2019, 07:33 PM
Knower

Role

What would be the role of the spirit? For example lungs have the role to aid breathing, what about the role of spirit? Some would say that we are the spirit some would say we have a spirit. So one would ask where is the spirit within the body? Or where is the body within the spirit? I assume spirit sticks to the body via energy field
Old 15-06-2019, 07:44 PM
Master

Read this book: The Magus of Strovolos by Kyriacos Markides
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 15-06-2019, 07:59 PM
Master
The dharma ...
Old 15-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Master

Spirit is Life.

Spirit is the Being that looks out through the physical eyes.

Spirit is the source of consciousness which animates the physical body.

Spirit is our true nature.

Peace.
Old 15-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Master
Some people use the words "spirit" and "soul" interchangeably. I prefer to say "deeper being,"
but there are other names as well; over-self, atman, doppelganger, etc.

In my mystical experiences of spiritual development I have come to find that our soul, or spirit,
is not in our physical body, rather our physical body is in our spirit. Our spirit extends beyond
our physical body, it permeates our physical body, and gives it and animated life.

Another word used for spirit, or soul, is consciousness, and when your consciousness expands
you find your physical body is inside of your consciousness and not vice versa. Actually,
in my experience, it is all beyond words and labels.

But as words and labels are all we have to communicate with here online, we have a physical body,
we also have and emotional body, a mental boidy, and a spiritual body. Each of these body's extend
outward beyond our physical body, and our spiritual body, also called the seed of our existence,
extends out the farthest. All of our bodies interact with each other. We are multidimensional beings.
Old 16-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird
What would be the role of the spirit? For example lungs have the role to aid breathing, what about the role of spirit? Some would say that we are the spirit some would say we have a spirit. So one would ask where is the spirit within the body? Or where is the body within the spirit? I assume spirit sticks to the body via energy field

Hi,

A better question would be what is the role of the human personality as it relates to the immortal spiritual being.

Your spirit is actually everywhere. It resides in every strand of your DNA as well as being a part of All that Is in every realm of reality.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 16-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

A better question would be what is the role of the human personality as it relates to the immortal spiritual being.

Your spirit is actually everywhere. It resides in every strand of your DNA as well as being a part of All that Is in every realm of reality.

John

Interesting John. Well it takes 1 sperm cell and 1 ovule from each parent and this results in an embryo, does the sperm cell and the ovule also contain a part from both parents' spirit? When the embryo is formed its body survives without a spirit inside or attached to it? Does the spirit come from Astral realms and attach to the embryo in every single part of it?
Old 16-06-2019, 02:16 PM
Master
Hi,

My understanding is that the spirit who enters the body at the time of the child's first breath is unique. The shared spirit of the child's parents kind of watches over the entire process.

May I say that when you get intellectually caught up in the details of creation, you kind of miss the point in all of it as being an expression of love.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 16-06-2019, 02:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

My understanding is that the spirit who enters the body at the time of the child's first breath is unique. The shared spirit of the child's parents kind of watches over the entire process.

May I say that when you get intellectually caught up in the details of creation, you kind of miss the point in all of it as being an expression of love.

John
that's a good John. I like it.