Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-06-2019, 02:21 AM
Master
P.S.
Quote:
The Magyars are known as the Nation of the White Horse.
Huh?

We are not be pure, but this one comes from the purest purity of “Pure Lands”:

"Táltos Paripa":
http://s7.images.www.tvn.hu/2012/08/...51b22e837b.jpg

Old 15-06-2019, 02:49 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Thanks running.
Oh yeah I like to do things with ease and time.

What little I read on sushumna for beginners, a meditation was to get
both nostrils open to equal amounts. Right side male/sun and left female/moon.
While also focusing on a point just below the nose to the eye brow line.

I never really heard of this type of nostril control for balancing the energies.
I do know that I usually have a female left nostril dominance (open).
It also said it may take 6 months or so, so I will give myself all the time I need.

I don't seem to have a problem bringing energy up from the ground and
blowing it out my head and lighting it up.(mainly through prayer and or ancient songs/chant/ or a "HEY" holler)
I've done many breathing exercises and meditations mainly focusing on the solar plexus up to Heart region.
Never focused on nose nostril balance.

We do cold water cleansing in glacier river waters which does seem natural
to do extensive heavy breathing before the plunge.(as Iceman does it)
We do singing to Creator and the Water spirits first also to make it a sacred, respectful and worshiping event.
I find it best to build a sweat lodge and take a sweat bath then plunge in the water.Going to both extremes is good medicine.

As far as pranayama I'll put it on the back shelf for now as this is all new language and we will see how sushumna (nostril opening)goes.
I can't have to many new words thrown at me to quickly or I just duck out.
I like pictures(cartoonish) and little bouncing balls for instruction.

But if you are saying I should explore pranayama first then I will consider that.

thank you for sharing! going from the sweat lodge to the cold water sounds like an excellent practice!

i assumed the nostril breathing was pranayama. perhaps i just think all breathing exercises was pranayama. lol. if your either breathing in hard and or deep and or exhaling deep and or hard, thats what i think of as pranayama. but i am by no means sure of the terminology that people use. lol

im dominant towards the feminine aspect, that being the current of energy over the masculine being silence. one brings the other i hear and has been in my case. so i deepen typically from the bliss which brings more silence. im not saying this to disrupt you from using nostril breathing to balance. im just sharing what i have been doing.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 15-06-2019, 03:12 AM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
thank you for sharing! going from the sweat lodge to the cold water sounds like an excellent practice!

i assumed the nostril breathing was pranayama. perhaps i just think all breathing exercises was pranayama. lol. if your either breathing in hard and or deep and or exhaling deep and or hard, thats what i think of as pranayama. but i am by no means sure of the terminology that people use. lol

im dominant towards the feminine aspect, that being the current of energy over the masculine being silence. one brings the other i hear and has been in my case. so i deepen typically from the bliss which brings more silence. im not saying this to disrupt you from using nostril breathing to balance. im just sharing what i have been doing.

Thanks running
It was the nostril balancing that really caught my eye.
All the names being foriegn gets confusing.
I struggle enough with the english language.
But I am always willing to try new breathing techniques.
Thanks again
Old 15-06-2019, 03:36 AM
Master
Anmol Mehta demonstrates breathing techniques:
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...g+techniq ues

Then instead of Wim Hof there is this one ( if it is good?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eULCy50pYY0

But I trust all these exercises are best done after the nostril (Chakra) balancing – no?

Old 15-06-2019, 03:51 AM
Master

Quote:

The technical name for alternate nostril breathing is Nadi Shodhana Pranayama, also called Nadi Sodhana Pranayama. There are many different pranayamas, designed to work with different aspects of prana.

In theory the dominant nostril should change every two hours. The left nostril relates to the Ida (lunar, feminine, right brain) channel while the right nostril relates to the Pingala (solar, masculine, left brain) channel. One purpose of Nadi Shodhana Pranayama is to balance the Ida and Pingala.

People speak of prana, but prana can be divided into five primary and five secondary pranas, each governing different areas and functions of the body.

And pranayama can be combined with various asanas (postures) and bandhas and mudras (body locks) to direct the flow of prana into the sushumna. Examples of bandhas and mudras are Jalandhara Bandha (tucking the chin into the chest) and Khechari Mudra (rolling back the tongue to the back of the mouth).

The intention here is not to confuse people with all sorts of strange terms, but to try to show that working with kundalini energy and the sushumna channel is actually quite a technical process. Not to mention the different pathways that the ascending kundalini can take.

The more I read about the subject, the more I realise that my understanding up until now has been very simplistic.

Peace.
Old 15-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Master

I guess there is something to the cool Ida & hot Pingala channels as related to breathing corresponding to left & right nostrils. Shivani has told us that she prefers to sleep on her right side so as to keep the left nostril passage open.

The key thing in my experience has been an aspect of quiet meditation in which Divine Love connect is desired for the sake of connect alone. In this orientation the energy rises through the central funnel or Sushumna without resistance right to the top. Neither guiding nor controlling but simply flowing in the current, the Divine Itself determines the experience ... be it out of form Oneness connection in the vibrant void or the Spiritual Sun or even within form enlivening hidden chakras and lifetron nodes and beyond wherein our consciousness merges with the Divine at the heart in an explosion of unending bliss shifting fulcrum of our consciousness in permanence.

What I’m emphasising is that our aspect of surrendered allowing is the key rather than a specific technique or focus on the instruments within form. Undoubtedly there would be adepts who could if they wish directly initiate the neophyte but on a do-it-yourself basis, our orientation of innocence is what seems relevant.

Old 15-06-2019, 02:23 PM
ImthatIm

Thanks all.
Here is the site I initially received my brief knowledge from.

https://yogainternational.com/articl...de-to-sushumna

So I do see now that nostril balance is a pranayama practice.
I also see now it is a final pranayama practice.

I assumed since the site said beginners it was a beginning practice.

Anyway that's why I asked here for any help or suggestion, because I figured
people would have much more knowledge about this, and I don't want to just trust a website.

I still think it is or can be a valuable indicator of which energy is dominate
and active at any given moment.

In my contrarian ways it does make sense that I would be attracted to
The final practice first. LOL
Old 15-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Thanks all.
Here is the site I initially received my brief knowledge from.

https://yogainternational.com/articl...de-to-sushumna

So I do see now that nostril balance is a pranayama practice.
I also see now it is a final pranayama practice.

I assumed since the site said beginners it was a beginning practice.

Anyway that's why I asked here for any help or suggestion, because I figured
people would have much more knowledge about this, and I don't want to just trust a website.

I still think it is or can be a valuable indicator of which energy is dominate
and active at any given moment.

In my contrarian ways it does make sense that I would be attracted to
The final practice first. LOL

Qigong Practitioners also use Alternative Nostril Breathing.
Old 15-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Legrand

Quote:
i could outline my channells in a general sense as vertical from root up through the top of my head. and then horizontal from between my ears. like a small t or a cross.

i dont understand(know) all this terminology. im wondering if anyone else experinces the horozontal between the ears?

(…)

thanks Leagland for your thoughts. i read a little about that. im not seeing anything in reguards to a horizontal channel between my ears.

Hi running,

About this horizontal channel running from outside one ear to the other, making a cross.

From my experience some 25 years ago when I was doing work with some alchemist, yes, they still do exist.

It is creative imagination, the way the principle of multiplication manifest itself in our consciousness. It’s the door, the point of passage from the subtle within, or subjective world, to the gross without, or objective world.

The thought forms formed there may manifest in the physical and on the other way the thought forms making matter may be felt.

I believe Inanna, if She want’s and NoOne want’s and if you want, could bring you more light on this.

The Empress, or Creative path, is also called the Queen of Heaven.

Enjoy your exploration!
Old 15-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legrand
Hi running,

About this horizontal channel running from outside one ear to the other, making a cross.

From my experience some 25 years ago when I was doing work with some alchemist, yes, they still do exist.

It is creative imagination, the way the principle of multiplication manifest itself in our consciousness. It’s the door, the point of passage from the subtle within, or subjective world, to the gross without, or objective world.

The thought forms formed there may manifest in the physical and on the other way the thought forms making matter may be felt.

I believe Inanna, if She want’s and NoOne want’s and if you want, could bring you more light on this.

The Empress, or Creative path, is also called the Queen of Heaven.

Enjoy your exploration!

Sharing is one thing – but why are you 2 – like screening & recruiting ‘suitable candidates’ for this Inanna cult?

Is either of you even 'Mesopotamian'?