Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 23-05-2019, 09:03 PM
Experiencer
I think the key for our mind to affect this reality in a more effective way (and I mean purely mind instead of placing physical action) is by that understanding that you are connected to everything else and so by meditating on you and placing attention on yourself with an intent, you have a better chance of changing reality. For example, last week I heard of the ho'oponopono mantra and how focusing that mantra on you, you can heal others. Another example is a cientist asked a monk to change the pattern of a double slit experiment. He didn't really understand what was being asked of him and then when he realized what it was, he managed to do it. They asked the monk how he managed. He answered "I was trying to change the molecule and it didn't work. Then I realized I had to change it in myself."
Old 23-05-2019, 09:32 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyana
I think the key for our mind to affect this reality in a more effective way (and I mean purely mind instead of placing physical action) is by that understanding that you are connected to everything else and so by meditating on you and placing attention on yourself with an intent, you have a better chance of changing reality. For example, last week I heard of the ho'oponopono mantra and how focusing that mantra on you, you can heal others. Another example is a cientist asked a monk to change the pattern of a double slit experiment. He didn't really understand what was being asked of him and then when he realized what it was, he managed to do it. They asked the monk how he managed. He answered "I was trying to change the molecule and it didn't work. Then I realized I had to change it in myself."

In oneself is the only place anything can be changed. Whether I see the same change in myself depends on whether I accept it into my reality. If not then whether we can go on sharing an experience depends on the scope of the change you manifested. You may say you can fly and jump off a building and flap away while you see me stand and applaud. I may see you fall and splat on the pavement below while I shake my head in pity at such a lunatic. Yet, we are both right in our accounts of the events that took place.
Old 24-05-2019, 10:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
If you have experienced an OBE, then you know that there, your thoughts are like commands and they manifest instantly, if you want to fly, you will fly, anything you wish to do, there you can do it, now, I have a question, why can't we do that in our reality?

Why it does not work here, I tried several times... and every single time I tried, I felt that something inside me was willing to do it but my flesh could not do it...

Every 'realm' has its own laws. There's those believing they can fly and then die when they jump off a building, or people who think they can live without food and water. We do not live in a ''matrix''.. there are merely different realms. We have different layers and bodies, and depending on where you are one will be more potent than the other. The confusion arises when some level of alignment of these different bodies is there. Yet nobody here is living without water, or flying with their physical body, no matter how ''enlightened'' they are..

As to the why, it's anyone's guess.. It's like asking why there is existence..

Old 24-05-2019, 07:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Yet nobody here is living without water, or flying with their physical body, no matter how ''enlightened'' they are..

If by "nobody here" you mean the members of this forum then that is probably true.

If by "nobody here" you mean the entire human race, then I suspect that it is not true.

Peace.
Old 24-05-2019, 08:17 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
If by "nobody here" you mean the members of this forum then that is probably true.

If by "nobody here" you mean the entire human race, then I suspect that it is not true.

Peace.

Yes, quite true, or to put that another way;

If by "here" you mean within your reality, then that is your choice.
If by "here" you mean in anyone's reality, than that is not your choice.
Old 24-05-2019, 10:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Peace.

Sorry but you pick one line, but doesn't seem to relate to the topic at hand. Yes, people can fly and live without food, depending on what realm they're in. However, when we're in a physical body we play by the rules here. Now, there are ways that things/energies penetrate through realms, but in the end there are still broad boundaries as well. I've experienced this ''penetration'' from the astral to the physical, I know it's there. I also know there are also limitations. What happens 'there' can impact my body, but just flying there doesn't mean I can fly with my body, as I am limited here. Different places, different game..

I know you take issues with my points, but I would appreciate it if you could perhaps add your thoughts, perhaps even experiences of the astral. Thanks.
Old 25-05-2019, 03:24 AM
janielee

I suspect iamthat is talking of the physical realm yah this one...
Old 25-05-2019, 03:03 PM
Master

Quote:

Every 'realm' has its own laws. There's those believing they can fly and then die when they jump off a building, or people who think they can live without food and water. We do not live in a ''matrix''.. there are merely different realms. We have different layers and bodies, and depending on where you are one will be more potent than the other. The confusion arises when some level of alignment of these different bodies is there. Yet nobody here is living without water, or flying with their physical body, no matter how ''enlightened'' they are..

As to the why, it's anyone's guess.. It's like asking why there is existence..

As far as flight, it is merely an issue of how much of an 'in' you want with others. They probably had it in ancient times, and it was probably revered, but the 'modern' folklore surrounding those who have been able to fly, in this realm, usually end badly for the one who has the gift. You end up an outcast, or the scientists want to study you or something instead of letting you just be. So people are motivated to deny the possibility to the point they won't explore it or related issues... even the scientists, at one point they apparently found the experimental data to prove that levitation works but all those interested in the possibilities could say is 'based on the fact it is generally thought to not be possible, and the other scientists would ridicule us out of a job if we spend time on looking into it, we aren't going to follow up on this'.

which isn't to say either that there are not pockets of people who can fly, now, but they generally find a good reason not to share with humanity at large
Old 25-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Master

Quote:

Sorry but you pick one line, but doesn't seem to relate to the topic at hand. Yes, people can fly and live without food, depending on what realm they're in. However, when we're in a physical body we play by the rules here. Now, there are ways that things/energies penetrate through realms, but in the end there are still broad boundaries as well. I've experienced this ''penetration'' from the astral to the physical, I know it's there. I also know there are also limitations. What happens 'there' can impact my body, but just flying there doesn't mean I can fly with my body, as I am limited here. Different places, different game..

I know you take issues with my points, but I would appreciate it if you could perhaps add your thoughts, perhaps even experiences of the astral. Thanks.

As janielee said, I am talking about the ability to live without water or fly in the physical realm with the physical body. I am not referring to the astral plane where these things would naturally apply.

Concrete scientific evidence may be lacking but there is sufficient anecdotal evidence to persuade anyone who is open-minded that such things are possible.

Peace.
Old 25-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Master

Yes, you've heard stories about what some distant Himalaya monks may do, but what about you..?

We can't run around in the astral with a dense, physical body either. It exists here. What is interesting however is how energy and experiences do penetrate through these different realms/'realities' but this does not mean anything is possible. Sure, I can imagine much is possible, but there are limits to it as well. Denial of the physical world is not helpful however. I see a false dichotomy going on here, one where we have those who believe ''anything goes'' versus those who are materialists. From my observation there's things and things possible that science can't detect, but that does not mean just about anything goes.. (!)

What about your experiences. Perhaps we can explore how different 'realms' co-exist because this IS a fascinating topic...