Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 02-04-2019, 05:58 PM
Guide
Why

Why do humans on planet earth need guidance from something outside themselves? I understand some who want to be, or claim to be, channelers, they get attention and their words are listened to, whether they are really channeled or not. Sometimes it may seem like the only way to earn a decent living but the responsibility must be overwhelming. Because of course, you will say something someone doesn't like and they will spend too much energy making sure everyone knows you are wrong.

We all have within us the wisdom we are looking for from outside and the connections to spirit that we crave. I said somewhere else that I have encountered channels that were helpful, but the words were just triggers for me to claim myself and not be so concerned with what others think or do that has nothing to do with me.

Extra-Terrestrial Earth Mission was a good source of information but I got out of it something totally different than anyone else in the group. Just like any group would, each individual gets what they need when they need it. The door opens when you knock, if you think it doesn't maybe you are knocking on the wall instead of the door. Or maybe you are afraid to walk through alone.

The information that JZ Knight gave was useful in the same way, but not always, just like any channeler, there were off nights, or lots of confusion. Like someone said, the channeler usually gets in the way of a clear message. I have seen this with a chrisitan minister named Skip Hizig, who is so popular he has a television channel and more than one huge church. He gets "in the spirit" and says some amazing, helpful things, but then he hears himself and doesn't understand and tries to interpret it to fit his picture of reality.

Each one of us can be open to speak for spirit without hesitation, and someone may benefit from something that was said, but we need to have no attachment to understanding it or knowing anything about what we said that we know was not our words. It is not a thing you plan and set up a gathering for, it is a thing you do as you walk through your life, encountering other people.
Old 02-04-2019, 06:46 PM
Master

The litmus test: The one who really knows the truth doesn't make an enterprise of spreading that truth around.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:39 PM
Ascender
As a medium eho has now studied the Law if Attraction from other channelerd for ten years...All messages come from one source, like inner knowing so they fo not come from outside oneself. I can check in with spirit to either obtain information or actually ask for the specific part to be shown. A part like deceased family members personality. But it is all one whole.
Old 04-04-2019, 05:40 PM
Ascender
I would recommend reading Seth books for you too.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:10 PM
Guide
Thanks for answering inavalan and MissCreativeSpirit.

I have read the Seth books and a lot of other channeled material.

I wrote this to provke thought and conversation, not ask an actual question.
Old 05-04-2019, 02:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Why do humans on planet earth need guidance from something outside themselves? ...

I believe that need arises from fear, all kinds of fears.

Lack of fear might be the biggest achievement a man can realize during this life, and that can carry with him when passing over.

Not knowing why we are here, on Earth, what are we supposed to do while here, is like enrolling in school without knowing what do you have to learn, from whom you have to learn, maybe not even knowing you have to learn. I believe that this is the kind of guidance we should be asking for, firstly.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-04-2019, 05:26 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe that need arises from fear, all kinds of fears.

Lack of fear might be the biggest achievement a man can realize during this life, and that can carry with him when passing over.

Not knowing why we are here, on Earth, what are we supposed to do while here, is like enrolling in school without knowing what do you have to learn, from whom you have to learn, maybe not even knowing you have to learn. I believe that this is the kind of guidance we should be asking for, firstly.

I agree that fear is a motivation, I also think feeling alone and wanting not to feel that way is another. Maybe that causes the fear. I know the strides I have taken actually involved facing my fear. We all have many little fears and a few large ones.
Old 14-04-2019, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Why do humans on planet earth need guidance from something outside themselves? I understand some who want to be, or claim to be, channelers, they get attention and their words are listened to, whether they are really channeled or not. Sometimes it may seem like the only way to earn a decent living but the responsibility must be overwhelming. Because of course, you will say something someone doesn't like and they will spend too much energy making sure everyone knows you are wrong.

We all have within us the wisdom we are looking for from outside and the connections to spirit that we crave. I said somewhere else that I have encountered channels that were helpful, but the words were just triggers for me to claim myself and not be so concerned with what others think or do that has nothing to do with me.

Hi,

I suspect the biggest factor is that we get conditioned to seek authorative insights into things. That personal insights are not encouraged.

For sure that happens in religions. We see it in society as well. Most want an authority to guide their beliefs. That has been my conclusion.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 14-04-2019, 05:36 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I suspect the biggest factor is that we get conditioned to seek authorative insights into things. That personal insights are not encouraged.

For sure that happens in religions. We see it in society as well. Most want an authority to guide their beliefs. That has been my conclusion.

John

Good point John. Some religions have been designed to indoctrinate and control large groups of people to only think what authority has told them to think. My experience is with the "Holy Roman Empire" that we live in in the west and the other Judaic religions. I don't know much about the eastern religions that could require authority instead of personal insight, probably why they are outlawed in some places. Even a lot of the New Age religions require that you agree with the leader or the deceased master that the religion was based on (like Ekankar and Scientology and many otheres). In the end, it is all just subject to interpretation and if you don't like the interpretation of the doctrines in your current church or religion you can usually go find another one, but there is still a foundation of seeking permission from authority to be allowed to think.

I think there is a lot of people looking for non-corporeal answers because the physical authorities have betrayed them over and over, still they have the indoctrination of needing an authority, rather than thinking and feeling things for themselves without some label or another's interpretation on it.
Old 19-04-2019, 11:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The litmus test: The one who really knows the truth doesn't make an enterprise of spreading that truth around.

unless she wants to hide from people who apply that litmus test...