Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 14-03-2019, 04:48 PM
Guide
Swearing and stepping stones

Hello All,

Sometimes when I meditate, I will ask spiritual questions in hopes that I will receive enlightenment (which I usually do).

Recently, I've been concerned about my swearing. I don't swear often, but enough to warrant redress. One of my favorite historical figures is St. Joan of Arc and she abhorred swearing of any kind.

So, I asked in meditation, if I would get grounded once I get to heaven for all my swearing (just being silly). This was the reply: It's not the words that are troublesome, words are just symbols for sentiments. It's the energy emitted from the words.

So, if I'm cussing out a fellow driver on the road doing something wreckless, the swearing is emitting negative energy out into the world.

So, on another occasion, I asked about God and Jesus. I was a little shocked about what I got back. The information came in so quickly. I wanted to know if we had to acknowledge Jesus first before we asked God, you know, like a middle man thing.

I got the message that our souls know and understand Oneness, but our 3-D dimensional Earth selves must overcome the boundaries imposed upon our life experience. God (or whatever your concept of Higher Power) is the crossing bridge to understanding the Oneness, and Jesus is the railing. The Bridge serves as the Transitional piece to re-knowing our Oneness.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 14-03-2019, 05:14 PM
Master

That makes sense. I guess you know that you shouldn't rationalize the messages you get, because you'd distort their meaning.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-03-2019, 05:18 PM
Master

If you are concerned about your occasional swearing as sending out negative energy, then try making a conscious effort to live with mindful awareness.

So if a fellow driver is driving badly then instead of reacting from old habitual patterns and swearing at that driver, be present and calm. Maybe send calming thoughts to that driver.

In every moment we have a choice to be consciously present or unconsciously reactive.

Peace.
Old 14-03-2019, 06:34 PM
janielee

Nice thread, thanks.
Old 15-03-2019, 04:02 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
It's the energy emitted from the words.

So, if I'm cussing out a fellow driver on the road doing something wreckless, the swearing is emitting negative energy out into the world.
Yes it is the energy emitted by the words. The Hindus use the word AUM, which is the Sacred Sound Syllable. It's the most complete expression of vibration the voice is capable of. Try it, but do it very slowly and notice how the vibrations begin very deep in your diaphragm and end up on your lips.

Energy is neither positive nor negative, it has no polarity as such. When energy flows it's because there's a difference between where it's flowing for and to.

What are the reasons you're cussing other drivers? What are your subconscious intentions and reasons for your actions? Do you do it because you're judging the driver against the rules of the road and sensible driving, or are you expressing your fear they might cause an accident? Do you have the expectation that everybody should be considerate and if they're driving badly, does that contradict your expectations? Are you not yet aware of the reality that there are people who don't give a stuff, and what are the reasons you haven't 'adjusted' accordingly?

If you're prepared for people to do something stupid you're seldom disappointed, and when someone does something nice it's a treat. And it makes you a better and more aware and attentive driver, not being complacent. That will 'spill over' into your Spirituality.

While you hold to your belief - and until you have a meter it is a belief - that it's negative energy, if you asked those questions and came to realisations because of the energy does that make it positive? That will 'spill over' into your Spirituality too
Old 17-03-2019, 01:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner2013
Hello All,

Sometimes when I meditate, I will ask spiritual questions in hopes that I will receive enlightenment (which I usually do).

Recently, I've been concerned about my swearing. I don't swear often, but enough to warrant redress. One of my favorite historical figures is St. Joan of Arc and she abhorred swearing of any kind.

So, I asked in meditation, if I would get grounded once I get to heaven for all my swearing (just being silly). This was the reply: It's not the words that are troublesome, words are just symbols for sentiments. It's the energy emitted from the words.

So, on another occasion, I asked about God and Jesus. I was a little shocked about what I got back. The information came in so quickly. I wanted to know if we had to acknowledge Jesus first before we asked God, you know, like a middle man thing.

I got the message that our souls know and understand Oneness, but our 3-D dimensional Earth selves must overcome the boundaries imposed upon our life experience. God (or whatever your concept of Higher Power) is the crossing bridge to understanding the Oneness, and Jesus is the railing. The Bridge serves as the Transitional piece to re-knowing our Oneness.

Makes sense in my on unfolding in this way.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:07 PM
Guide
Thank you all for the replies, very helpful.

I realized that I had become conscious of my swearing because my mother does not like swearing. In spending time at my parents' home, I have had to force myself to be aware of my swearing, which I don't feel is good or bad, but because out of respect for her, I had to perceive it as bad when visiting. This was causing dissonance within me. I now just swear occasionally when visiting, so I don't feel so disjointed. I told my mother ( who was a big swearer until the grandchildren began arriving in her life) that she's against swearing because she used up her quota on her kids by the age of 40. Hahaha! She wasn't amused.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella