Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #141  
Old 13-06-2019, 03:46 PM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,615
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I think some of the silliness might be more valuable than we realise, throwing out what one deems silly is after all just the mundane mind making its endless judgements, not some heavenly decreed truth.

Something like the Holy Spirit descending, I think there is a deep truth contained here, you might decide it's silly and irrelevant, but you might be throwing out the baby with the bath water.


Where does the Holy Spirit descend from?
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 13-06-2019, 04:53 PM
WildHairedWoman WildHairedWoman is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 333
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
In our pluralistic society it has become politically incorrect to claim that God has revealed Himself decisively in Jesus. Popularly, all roads lead to Rome, all beliefs are equally valid, and all are heading to the same place. This leaves Christians who claim that their particular belief is the only truth to seem awfully narrow-minded and intolerant.

But to actually be a Christian is unfortunately to declare that Christianity as found in the New Testament is the ONLY true way.

In the Bible, Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me" (John 14:6, NIV). In Acts 4:12, the Apostle Peter said of Jesus, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

If we are to believe this in this day and age, we are demeaned as being narrow-minded and somehow intellectually inferior, but this seems to be a problem I am stuck with, because I do believe these words, not through faith but through experience. It's a difficult position to defend in this millenium.

No one should care what you believe, but when you interact with others you also need to be mindful that they have the right that you do to believe anything about a diety that they choose and it is rude to chastise them, proselytize to them or in any other way insist that they are wrong. As you expect others to allow you your beliefs whether you think they are the only True way or not, you don't bring it up unless someone asks or you know they are willing to have a peaceful discussion with you. It has nothing to do with political correctness, it has to do with respect. Jesus did not go around proclaiming that every one who did not believe as he did was Wrong, he allowed them to choose. When he made a big deal about something like the money changers in the synagogue it was about respect, not having his way.
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 13-06-2019, 11:49 PM
django django is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,354
  django's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Where does the Holy Spirit descend from?

I see it as the higher female ordering principle associated with fire and Light and Wisdom, that sits above us, that is part of each person individually but that routinely hasn't been integrated within our psyche yet. The True yin within the Yang, the Numen, lodged above us, just out of reach.

Jesus taught that we must be born again. The phrase born again also means to be born from above. Jesus said, "I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 14-06-2019, 12:12 AM
django django is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,354
  django's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
No one should care what you believe, but when you interact with others you also need to be mindful that they have the right that you do to believe anything about a diety that they choose and it is rude to chastise them, proselytize to them or in any other way insist that they are wrong. As you expect others to allow you your beliefs whether you think they are the only True way or not, you don't bring it up unless someone asks or you know they are willing to have a peaceful discussion with you. It has nothing to do with political correctness, it has to do with respect. Jesus did not go around proclaiming that every one who did not believe as he did was Wrong, he allowed them to choose. When he made a big deal about something like the money changers in the synagogue it was about respect, not having his way.

I think there are numerous examples in the bible where Jesus did say 'If you don't believe as I do you are wrong.'

Matthew 7:13-14
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Matthew 12:30
He who is not with Me is against Me, and he who does not gather with Me scatters.

John 14:6
6Jesus answered, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 14-06-2019, 05:42 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,615
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I see it as the higher female ordering principle associated with fire and Light and Wisdom, that sits above us, that is part of each person individually but that routinely hasn't been integrated within our psyche yet. The True yin within the Yang, the Numen, lodged above us, just out of reach.

Jesus taught that we must be born again. The phrase born again also means to be born from above. Jesus said, "I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, that unless a person is born again (anew, from above), he cannot ever see (know, be acquainted with, and experience) the kingdom of God." (John 3:3)

It's interesting how different people see the Holy Spirit teaching, I often wonder where this idea originated, I must do a little delving
I have found the Trinity in Ancient Egyptian beliefs so I presume it's from or around there.


' The true Yin within the Yang '
What do you mean?
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 14-06-2019, 11:20 AM
django django is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,354
  django's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's interesting how different people see the Holy Spirit teaching, I often wonder where this idea originated, I must do a little delving
I have found the Trinity in Ancient Egyptian beliefs so I presume it's from or around there.


' The true Yin within the Yang '
What do you mean?

What's referred to here as Original Yin.

Quote:
In the state “before Heaven,” yin and yang have a tendency to descend and ascend, respectively. In the state “after Heaven,” where original yin and yang are enclosed within entities of the opposite sign, the descending movement of yin takes along original yang, and the ascending movement of yang takes along original yin.

Original Yin has to be reversed and move downwards. I see this as synonymous with the movement downwards that the Holy Spirit has to accomplish.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 14-06-2019, 11:42 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,615
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
What's referred to here as Original Yin.



Original Yin has to be reversed and move downwards. I see this as synonymous with the movement downwards that the Holy Spirit has to accomplish.


I don't know much about Neidan, Alchemy doesn't interest me so I can't comment.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 20-06-2019, 07:25 AM
soulforce soulforce is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 401
  soulforce's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
In our pluralistic society it has become politically incorrect to claim that God has revealed Himself decisively in Jesus. Popularly, all roads lead to Rome, all beliefs are equally valid, and all are heading to the same place. This leaves Christians who claim that their particular belief is the only truth to seem awfully narrow-minded and intolerant.

But to actually be a Christian is unfortunately to declare that Christianity as found in the New Testament is the ONLY true way.

In the Bible, Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me" (John 14:6, NIV). In Acts 4:12, the Apostle Peter said of Jesus, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

If we are to believe this in this day and age, we are demeaned as being narrow-minded and somehow intellectually inferior, but this seems to be a problem I am stuck with, because I do believe these words, not through faith but through experience. It's a difficult position to defend in this millenium.

What language do they speak in heaven? Is it English? Spanish? Japanese? What about Celtic? Why is the formation of a vowel more important than the formation of ones' behavior? We put all our stock on saying we are Christian while not actually behaving Christ like in our daily walk. Was it to give you a free pass into heaven because you wear the correct logo, or play at the right stadium? Or is it to remind you that Jesus is the incarnation of love.

Why would Jesus say "No one comes to the Father except through me"? Was it to exclude the believer who heard Christ's spirit spoken as the spirit of God in daily things? All these are tough question to the Christian because what it really means is you are no more special or important to God than the person sitting in a mosque or the agnostic who loves to study astrology.

You are no more loving than the Buddhist who never eats animals or the Jew who still can't quite except the destruction of the temple. God is love needs no defense if you are willing to accept that.
__________________
"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul".
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 20-06-2019, 09:11 AM
django django is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 1,354
  django's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by soulforce
What language do they speak in heaven? Is it English? Spanish? Japanese? What about Celtic? Why is the formation of a vowel more important than the formation of ones' behavior? We put all our stock on saying we are Christian while not actually behaving Christ like in our daily walk. Was it to give you a free pass into heaven because you wear the correct logo, or play at the right stadium? Or is it to remind you that Jesus is the incarnation of love.

Why would Jesus say "No one comes to the Father except through me"? Was it to exclude the believer who heard Christ's spirit spoken as the spirit of God in daily things? All these are tough question to the Christian because what it really means is you are no more special or important to God than the person sitting in a mosque or the agnostic who loves to study astrology.

You are no more loving than the Buddhist who never eats animals or the Jew who still can't quite except the destruction of the temple. God is love needs no defense if you are willing to accept that.

I don't see "No one comes to the Father except through me" as a way to exclude people who don't believe in him, but as an exhortation to say 'come this way, because it's the way through, it's the only way, I happen to know that, and I want as many people to find their way through as possible.

I should add that I think Jesus is the doorkeeper in the deepest recesses of the heart, and he's the way through because it is his gift to humanity's evolution to have been the first to open this particular spiritual/energy door.

It's not an insult to anyone else to say 'I know the way', but people have made it into an insult because of 'religion' and human twisting of meaning.
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 20-06-2019, 09:24 AM
sky123 sky123 is offline
Master
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,615
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
I don't see "No one comes to the Father except through me" as a way to exclude people who don't believe in him, but as an exhortation to say 'come this way, because it's the way through, it's the only way, I happen to know that, and I want as many people to find their way through as possible.

I should add that I think Jesus is the doorkeeper in the deepest recesses of the heart, and he's the way through because it is his gift to humanity's evolution to have been the first to open this particular spiritual/energy door.

It's not an insult to anyone else to say 'I know the way', but people have made it into an insult because of 'religion' and human twisting of meaning.


I would like to add that I think Jesus is ' one amongst many ' to open the door. He's not the first and won't be the last.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums