Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-06-2019, 12:57 AM
Master
Christianity is not politically correct.

In our pluralistic society it has become politically incorrect to claim that God has revealed Himself decisively in Jesus. Popularly, all roads lead to Rome, all beliefs are equally valid, and all are heading to the same place. This leaves Christians who claim that their particular belief is the only truth to seem awfully narrow-minded and intolerant.

But to actually be a Christian is unfortunately to declare that Christianity as found in the New Testament is the ONLY true way.

In the Bible, Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me" (John 14:6, NIV). In Acts 4:12, the Apostle Peter said of Jesus, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

If we are to believe this in this day and age, we are demeaned as being narrow-minded and somehow intellectually inferior, but this seems to be a problem I am stuck with, because I do believe these words, not through faith but through experience. It's a difficult position to defend in this millenium.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
In our pluralistic society it has become politically incorrect to claim that God has revealed Himself decisively in Jesus. Popularly, all roads lead to Rome, all beliefs are equally valid, and all are heading to the same place. This leaves Christians who claim that their particular belief is the only truth to seem awfully narrow-minded and intolerant.

But to actually be a Christian is unfortunately to declare that Christianity as found in the New Testament is the ONLY true way.

In the Bible, Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father [God] except through me" (John 14:6, NIV). In Acts 4:12, the Apostle Peter said of Jesus, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

If we are to believe this in this day and age, we are demeaned as being narrow-minded and somehow intellectually inferior, but this seems to be a problem I am stuck with, because I do believe these words, not through faith but through experience. It's a difficult position to defend in this millenium.
With any institutional belief system (and Christianity in particular), how the "Satanic world" views them, is of absolutely NO consequence whatsoever.

Others can say they are being "intolerant" or "closed minded" or "brainwashed" or "deluded" or "stupid" etc and they will say "of course demons are going to say all those things to try and shut us down, so that Satan can go about in this world totally unchallenged".

In the Christian view, all those who say they are being "intolerant", "narrow minded" or any other criticism of methodology according to "God's Word' isn't going to be looked upon too favourably when God brings out his cosmic whiteboard eraser and starts the whole process anew...and they will cite Noah as the prime example here.

When one has a total conviction of Faith , there is nothing that another who does not share those same beliefs can say or do to get them to change it.

In a way, I see this as being a good thing, in that they remain grounded, firm and unshaken in the 'Spirit of God' when being judged by the "court of public opinion" because it only serves to separate the "men" from the "boys" as it were...in my own "politically incorrect" terminology.

A true Christian (or a Hindu for that matter) would not even care if the whole WORLD was against them! For as long as God is on their side, it's all good.

.....and when "Judgement Day" comes...when all of the fallen angels cases against humanity comes up for review, God can admit FINALLY to being wrong about the human creatures he created, and let all of the fallen souls back into heaven.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
With any institutional belief system (and Christianity in particular), how the "Satanic world" views them, is of absolutely NO consequence whatsoever.

Others can say they are being "intolerant" or "closed minded" or "brainwashed" or "deluded" or "stupid" etc and they will say "of course demons are going to say all those things to try and shut us down, so that Satan can go about in this world totally unchallenged".

In the Christian view, all those who say they are being "intolerant", "narrow minded" or any other criticism of methodology according to "God's Word' isn't going to be looked upon too favourably when God brings out his cosmic whiteboard eraser and starts the whole process anew...and they will cite Noah as the prime example here.

When one has a total conviction of Faith , there is nothing that another who does not share those same beliefs can say or do to get them to change it.

In a way, I see this as being a good thing, in that they remain grounded, firm and unshaken in the 'Spirit of God' when being judged by the "court of public opinion" because it only serves to separate the "men" from the "boys" as it were...in my own "politically incorrect" terminology.

A true Christian (or a Hindu for that matter) would not even care if the whole WORLD was against them! For as long as God is on their side, it's all good.

.....and when "Judgement Day" comes...when all of the fallen angels cases against humanity comes up for review, God can admit FINALLY to being wrong about the human creatures he created, and let all of the fallen souls back into heaven.

The whole world could be against me and I would still believe what I believe, but I can't say I don't care.

Maybe that just demonstrates that I have further to go.
Old 05-06-2019, 08:47 AM
Master
Quote:
The whole world could be against me and I would still believe what I believe, but I can't say I don't care.

Sometimes beliefs blind us
Old 06-06-2019, 02:44 AM
janielee

Quote:

Or maybe it demonstrates that your heart is open, which I think it is.

Shivani Devi is a wonderful person, but her path is her path - and you do not know her real level of realization - or otherwise. So mimicing the behavior is only one side of things.

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 03:12 AM
janielee

Quote:

1. Not every Christian feels the way you do
2. If it works for you, then there is no need for defence (or offence) dear django
3. May God enlighten your heart, soul and mind

Namaste,

JL
Old 05-06-2019, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
1. Not every Christian feels the way you do
2. If it works for you, then there is no need for defence (or offence) dear django
3. May God enlighten your heart, soul and mind

Namaste,

JL

1. Almost all Christians feel that way. Only the Gnostics see it different.
2. There is such a thing as human doubt and crises of faith. No one is strong enough to be completely happy in their path.
3. And the same to you.

God bless.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
1. Almost all Christians feel that way. Only the Gnostics see it different.
2. There is such a thing as human doubt and crises of faith. No one is strong enough to be completely happy in their path.
3. And the same to you.

God bless.

The heavens are telling the glory of God; and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night declares knowledge. There is no speech, nor are there words; their voice is not heard; yet their voice goes out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world.
Old 05-06-2019, 06:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza

God bless.

Not true, I am so extremely happy, content & sure of my path towards the holy kingdom, and if it were not for my desire to assist my folks in their latter years, untill they do not need my assistance any longer...then I would exit the flesh & Earth life , & continue my life in the lesser Heavens untill i have received sufficient of the fathers love & very essence that would fit me for entry into the Holy Kingdom.

SMILES once again from myself.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
Not true, I am so extremely happy, content & sure of my path towards the holy kingdom, and if it were not for my desire to assist my folks in their latter years, untill they do not need my assistance any longer...then I would exit the flesh & Earth life , & continue my life in the lesser Heavens untill i have received sufficient of the fathers love & very essence that would fit me for entry into the Holy Kingdom.

SMILES once again from myself.

Assisting your Parents ( or anyone) is a labour of love to some and a millstone around the neck to others. We have the choice to choose which one applies.