Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-05-2019, 05:09 PM
Knower

After meditation I get sleep paralysis the next day?

I find after guided YouTube videos for meditation I get such strange experiences for the next few mornings over a few weeks. The videos of meditation are just simple ones like to do with chakras or something positive. Now the experiences I’m having seem similar to sleep paralysis but I’m not sure they are. What usually happens is when I wake up I move and then my body freezes, I’ll hear an emanating sound, feel insane energy in my forehead, hallucinations of positives words or a history of my recent dreams, today was these tiny spider but not scary and not near me. The very first time this happened I heard glass break in my ears, not sure if this is to do with dimensions. I’ve never seen a scary entity or in a state of total fear but I don’t enjoy it so do fight it by moving fingers and toes, then everything else, weirdly today I felt like a tentacle go across my forehead and pin me back down again. I hadn’t had this for a few weeks, tried meditating again and back the very next day, any suggestions as to what’s going on please :)
Old 22-05-2019, 05:43 PM
Master
A family member has this sleep paralysis.

Maybe there's some weird vibe coming off the YouTube videos. Maybe not the actual video you watch just YouTube in general. Think of the millions of negative videos that are put out on there. Maybe you're just very highly sensitive to it.

If you can't stand the silence which is best imo. What about, do I dare say it, a meditation CD. Do people still have CD players, lol. Well, I've still got a cassette player :-D

I hope you get some relief soon.
Old 22-05-2019, 05:48 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
A family member has this sleep paralysis.

Maybe there's some weird vibe coming off the YouTube videos. Maybe not the actual video you watch just YouTube in general. Think of the millions of negative videos that are put out on there. Maybe you're just very highly sensitive to it.

If you can't stand the silence which is best imo. What about, do I dare say it, a meditation CD. Do people still have CD players, lol. Well, I've still got a cassette player :-D

I hope you get some relief soon.
Thank you :) could you tell me a bit more about your family members sleep paralysis please, some people have said that it sounds like I’m close to an OBE, have they ever had that?
Old 22-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSmith123
Thank you :) could you tell me a bit more about your family members sleep paralysis please, some people have said that it sounds like I’m close to an OBE, have they ever had that?

I don't know what OBE is?

They haven't told me in detail, apart from you feel like you're pinned down and can't move. Very frightening.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Master

OBE - out-of-body experience, also called astral projection, exomatosis, etc.

The phenomena described do suggest that you were on the verge of leaving the body. In the hypnagogic state between waking and sleep many things can be experienced.

Sleep paralysis is nothing to be concerned about. One explanation is that when the physical body sleeps then the etheric or energy body becomes quiescent. This helps the etheric body to recharge its energies, and it serves the very practical purpose of preventing the physical body from acting out dream experiences. The etheric body reactivates when we wake up. If the etheric body is not fully quiescent during sleep then we can have a very restless night and we do not feel refreshed on awakening.

Just as there is the hypnagogic state between waking and sleep, there is a corresponding hypnopompic state between sleep and awakening. If we become conscious during this hypnopompic state then we have some awareness of the physical body but the etheric body is still mainly quiescent, hence the sleep paralysis.

Peace.
Old 22-05-2019, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
OBE - out-of-body experience, also called astral projection, exomatosis, etc.

The phenomena described do suggest that you were on the verge of leaving the body. In the hypnagogic state between waking and sleep many things can be experienced.

Sleep paralysis is nothing to be concerned about. One explanation is that when the physical body sleeps then the etheric or energy body becomes quiescent. This helps the etheric body to recharge its energies, and it serves the very practical purpose of preventing the physical body from acting out dream experiences. The etheric body reactivates when we wake up. If the etheric body is not fully quiescent during sleep then we can have a very restless night and we do not feel refreshed on awakening.

Just as there is the hypnagogic state between waking and sleep, there is a corresponding hypnopompic state between sleep and awakening. If we become conscious during this hypnopompic state then we have some awareness of the physical body but the etheric body is still mainly quiescent, hence the sleep paralysis.

Peace.

I learnt a lot from that, thanks. I've not been to the OBE part of the forum yet. I will let my family member know about this info.