Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-04-2019, 11:12 PM
Suspended

This is such a good thread question. One of the best ive seen. I could come up with a multitude of answers. it forces you to dig deeper than normal.
Old 22-04-2019, 11:13 PM
Suspended

Because we are both students and teachers. But beware of the person who thinks they have nothing to learn from others.
Old 27-04-2019, 01:39 PM
Knower

The more cynical among humanity will say that forums such as this one are actually designed with the ulterior purpose of helping men and woman find potential marriage mates or a cult following. Considering that I have no interest in either of these online pursuits, I’ve often shied away from message boards – spiritual-themed ones, especially.

Whenever I have participated in a forum, what I’ve learned, first and foremost, is to be wary of the possible dubious intentions of other members. Why is this woman winking at me? Can she be any more subtle? Now, what’s up with this guy? Why is he expressing an opinion? Does he seriously think he can brainwash me?

It is a risky experience, to be sure, but nevertheless one very much worth the paranoia. For despite all the camouflaged flirting from the husband-seekers and overt attempts at conditioning other members to one’s own way of thinking, I truly feel that forums like this have something worthwhile to offer even the most cautious among us.

Where else, for example, can a person learn that typing in upper case letters is regarded as shouting and that submitting posts devoid of text altogether is considered a form of whispering, and equally inappropriate? These are instructions that have the power to totally change how one perceives reality, or at the very least the printed word.

I’ve learned that in order for one to truly make spiritual advancement in life, that he or she must first be willing to make progress from the status of Seeker to Pathfinder to Experiencer to Knower and finally onto Master, as absolute enlightenment and a celestial paradise (if not a plaque or certificate) awaits only those who have attained something like 1500 posts or more. If one has to resort to sneaking in some double posts, then so be it, so long as truancy isn’t employed in one’s quest for more Internet time. To those with a mere pitiful five-hundred-or-so-posts to their name, with little or no desire to emulate the more spiritually advanced posters, too bad, too bad. No one said life was fair.

I, as I would guess many others on this forum, are here to learn just how wrong we were in our solipsism prior to joining this forum. Who knew other people existed aside from us and with the same frighteningly remarkable level of intelligence, at times right here seemingly for no other reason than to challenge our beliefs? It is truly a mind-expanding observation, and only on a forum such as this is this life lesson capable of being learned for a lot of people.

Of course, it isn’t all take, take, take. Many of us feel we have something worthwhile saying and are likely here instead of someplace else in order to get our “Masters” in Spirituality. More close to reality, I think, is that one simply can’t discuss things like witchcraft with fellow parishioners without receiving from them a raised eyebrow or two, or bring up the topic of UFOs with our CEOs, either in or outside of boardroom meetings, without being looked at as if we had two heads or were from outer space.

I could go on and on with sermon after sermon for teaching and teaching and more preaching is just so fun and spiritually fulfilling to boot, not to mention good for one’s messiah complex, all the while generously leaving much of the learning to those who haven’t got as much.

I guess when it comes right down to it, if there’s anything to be learned from this particular post it would be the ability of one to discern when a poster is being entirely jocular.
Old 27-04-2019, 04:09 PM
Master

Found Goat . . .

Well put!

Skepticism can be quite healthy. Discernment is learned . . . slowly. Often what passes for various posts being valid or beneficial to the individual lies in the degree of agreement or disagreement with that post. Con artists and authentic entities can be side-by-side. Whom to listen to is determined by individual viewpoint.

Old perceptions and viewpoints are very reluctant to be turned loose . . . or even questioned within Self.

Such is the nature of it.
Old 10-05-2019, 04:49 PM
Suspended
I am here with an open mind, to listen to those with spiritual experiences, to learn and understand their stories and thoughts or opinions but often I do sense hostile emotions, is it because of our ego?
To those who are skeptical I ask isn't everything possible until proven impossible?
Old 10-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Master
To love, everything else will come together and fall into place if you love others.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:23 PM
Guide
Hi Sapphirez,
I’ve been watching a few of Jim Carrey’s videos about his Awakening. One thing he said that struck me was that once a person is Awake to why we are here, he/she should learn to play with Life, enjoy it.

I’ve noticed that some elderly people become bitter while some elderly become playful as they age. I want to be of the latter. To take all of life’s experiences and grow old happily because it is a choice to become bitter and cynical or playful and loving. Happy old people always make me smile!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 12-05-2019, 09:30 PM
Suspended
Grumpy old men was a fun movie to watch lol
Old 12-05-2019, 09:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taking a Break
Grumpy old men was a fun movie to watch lol

I’ll have to check it out, didn’t see it yet.

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 12-05-2019, 10:25 PM
Suspended
I love comedy's, they were always my favorites, I suspect they keep me mentally and physically young, often kids are treating me as their peers when they see me despite my gray hair, or young girls are flirting or staring at me, do they sense my energy?
Horror, action and drama movies I hardly watch anymore.
BTW grumpy people won't enjoy "grumpy old men". LOL