Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-08-2017, 12:08 PM
Ascender
Glimpses in the twilight of my sleep

I wish everyone here could see what I see and discover it for themselves because if you did, it would blow your mind. Often as I am drifting off to sleep, something washes over me. It's a feeling of absolute unadorned bliss. But it's so much more.

I feel like I am being taken to the most pristine perfect worlds imaginable. I am being taught the most brilliant ideas in a flash, fractions of seconds. The things I have discovered about myself, about all of us shows me that there is so much more to reality than we could ever understand.

YOU. You who thinks of yourself as you is not your true self. I am not who I think I am. None of us are. The personalities we have embodied are paper thin and can melt away instantly in the light of truth. All that we believe as us is not our whole self. Anything that you have ever wanted to know or wanted in general is not only possible. IT IS SO. I don't know any other way to say this because it's something that can only be known through experience.

Early this morning as I was somewhere between dreaming and waking, the part that I call myself was not thinking but merely experiencing. The I who analyzes and judges this reality was observable but silent. What I realized is that these paper thin personality I have created and believe in keeps me separated from who I am. But it's not bad that that is so. Because without these personalities which block us from the limitless reality, we could not truly come to appreciate who we are. I know this might sound empty especially when you gaze on your life with all it's perceived imperfections.

What happens to me often when I lose myself in the twilight of sleep, I learn things about anything that I have been trying to unravel. Everything I have struggled with seems monumental only because I have been looking at such a minute almost insignificant piece of a larger image.

When we think something is difficult or unobtainable, it's only because we are looking a small piece of an immensely huge jigsaw puzzle. When we think badly of ourselves, it's only because we are focused on those tiny puzzle pieces trying to make out the truth when we should be looking at the whole image. You as a person are incredible beyond what you may believe but it's absolutely 100% true.

If there is anything in this world which you are struggling with, it's not something to be repelled. Everything that we experience in the larger context is absolutely benefiting us. However that doesn't mean we need to suffer for it.

When we're not in a state of need. Only when we are in an empty state of mind, that's when the doors open up. In that empty place, when you are not you, that's when the answers come. That's where inspiration is and everything you wonder about. Don't think what you know about reality is so because that means you're only looking at the tiny piece of the puzzle. Of course we can't stay in that way all the time, but it is something to remember.

What I have seen and experienced in my momentary glimpses, are unique and special to me, but is accessible to any of us. And so if any of you here want to glimpse into that perfection, just remember that one you call you cannot see the big picture until it's quiet.

Having said all that. I am not suddenly all powerful and god like. The person I call me, still has her beliefs and perceived limitations. She's not going away, but she has ironed some things out. And so if there is one thing that I can say is allow yourself with all your perceived flaws to be. There is nothing about you that is imperfect. Everything about you is wonderful and perfect and you can understand that perfection when you stop fighting yourself and the world and just be. It may sound like a joke. Why should we just accept ourselves as we are? That's only because we have been taught that we're supposed to struggle. We have been taught to look at ourselves as weak and powerless and that the only way to become more is to struggle. Yet somehow not struggling is when we shine brightest.

Anyways I have rambled on too long. I hope you understand! Blessings to all of us!
Old 08-08-2017, 05:55 PM
Master
Love this, Flexi-Girl, it contains so much wisdom and it''s said with such love - thanks for sharing

I particularly resonated with what you said about struggle, I've observed in myself the hitherto unconscious belief that I must struggle or I won't get what I want (or maybe I will get what I don't want), and you're right, pretty much all of us are subject to this false belief. I suspect this is because we believe that a) what we truly desire is 'out there', outside of us, and that b) we're fragile, mortal forms and therefore we're neurotically concerned with self-preservation. So it's true what the Buddha said: we're caught between desire and fear, and letting go, whilst it sounds simple on paper, goes against our every instinct.

'Yet somehow not struggling is when we shine brightest' - ahh, so true, and so beautifully stated
Old 09-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Love this, Flexi-Girl, it contains so much wisdom and it''s said with such love - thanks for sharing

I particularly resonated with what you said about struggle, I've observed in myself the hitherto unconscious belief that I must struggle or I won't get what I want (or maybe I will get what I don't want), and you're right, pretty much all of us are subject to this false belief. I suspect this is because we believe that a) what we truly desire is 'out there', outside of us, and that b) we're fragile, mortal forms and therefore we're neurotically concerned with self-preservation. So it's true what the Buddha said: we're caught between desire and fear, and letting go, whilst it sounds simple on paper, goes against our every instinct.

'Yet somehow not struggling is when we shine brightest' - ahh, so true, and so beautifully stated

Aww that's so kind of you to say . I wasn't sure if that made any sense. It can be so difficult to communicate ideas in words.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
Aww that's so kind of you to say . I wasn't sure if that made any sense. It can be so difficult to communicate ideas in words.
Haha aw no, it made perfect sense and I thought you articulated beautifully something very profound - thanks again for sharing
Old 09-08-2017, 09:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I wish everyone here could see what I see and discover it for themselves because if you did, it would blow your mind. Often as I am drifting off to sleep, something washes over me. It's a feeling of absolute unadorned bliss. But it's so much more.

I feel like I am being taken to the most pristine perfect worlds imaginable. I am being taught the most brilliant ideas in a flash, fractions of seconds. The things I have discovered about myself, about all of us shows me that there is so much more to reality than we could ever understand.

YOU. You who thinks of yourself as you is not your true self. I am not who I think I am. None of us are. The personalities we have embodied are paper thin and can melt away instantly in the light of truth. All that we believe as us is not our whole self. Anything that you have ever wanted to know or wanted in general is not only possible. IT IS SO. I don't know any other way to say this because it's something that can only be known through experience.

Early this morning as I was somewhere between dreaming and waking, the part that I call myself was not thinking but merely experiencing. The I who analyzes and judges this reality was observable but silent. What I realized is that these paper thin personality I have created and believe in keeps me separated from who I am. But it's not bad that that is so. Because without these personalities which block us from the limitless reality, we could not truly come to appreciate who we are. I know this might sound empty especially when you gaze on your life with all it's perceived imperfections.

What happens to me often when I lose myself in the twilight of sleep, I learn things about anything that I have been trying to unravel. Everything I have struggled with seems monumental only because I have been looking at such a minute almost insignificant piece of a larger image.

When we think something is difficult or unobtainable, it's only because we are looking a small piece of an immensely huge jigsaw puzzle. When we think badly of ourselves, it's only because we are focused on those tiny puzzle pieces trying to make out the truth when we should be looking at the whole image. You as a person are incredible beyond what you may believe but it's absolutely 100% true.

If there is anything in this world which you are struggling with, it's not something to be repelled. Everything that we experience in the larger context is absolutely benefiting us. However that doesn't mean we need to suffer for it.

When we're not in a state of need. Only when we are in an empty state of mind, that's when the doors open up. In that empty place, when you are not you, that's when the answers come. That's where inspiration is and everything you wonder about. Don't think what you know about reality is so because that means you're only looking at the tiny piece of the puzzle. Of course we can't stay in that way all the time, but it is something to remember.

What I have seen and experienced in my momentary glimpses, are unique and special to me, but is accessible to any of us. And so if any of you here want to glimpse into that perfection, just remember that one you call you cannot see the big picture until it's quiet.

Having said all that. I am not suddenly all powerful and god like. The person I call me, still has her beliefs and perceived limitations. She's not going away, but she has ironed some things out. And so if there is one thing that I can say is allow yourself with all your perceived flaws to be. There is nothing about you that is imperfect. Everything about you is wonderful and perfect and you can understand that perfection when you stop fighting yourself and the world and just be. It may sound like a joke. Why should we just accept ourselves as we are? That's only because we have been taught that we're supposed to struggle. We have been taught to look at ourselves as weak and powerless and that the only way to become more is to struggle. Yet somehow not struggling is when we shine brightest.

Anyways I have rambled on too long. I hope you understand! Blessings to all of us!

Awesome discovery and beautifully articulated..

When you wake up to this, the places we choose to
"connect" to this awareness, can be recognised everywhere we are, because we are it, but the glimpses in this way are important to building a balanced awareness more grounded.

It reminds me of myself when I "receive" my guidance/clarity to move beyond that point I feel contained by, often it flows in, in that trance like state upon waking in the morning, just before going back to sleep again. I have suddenly receive my "clarity" and things are very clear. I know that when I am stuck in a process that it occurs this way, when I am more still and present, "aware" and clearer to receive after the fact of a process I might be walking through. Ultimately I am consciously working on ending the process and looking at things directly in the moment of them occurring, so I move as one clear in the "whole" awareness. I am noticing I am attracting my family dynamics three removed now in process so its showing me how close I am to ending this "reactions and sensations" that I believe we all take on from day dot in the family networks that mimic our major roles from early life. Our conditioned foundations.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 19-05-2019, 08:44 AM
Thumbs up

This needed to be brought back up...I had never seen it.

Brilliant, Flexi-Girl, esp in light of your new thread on Unconditional Love.

Just one thing, if I may...
"Of course we can't stay in that way all the time, but it is something to remember."
The thing to actually remember is to never say can't.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-05-2019, 09:31 PM
Master

This is a worthwhile read.

Tho I don't believe all gifts are for everyone it was fun to grab hold of your tail and just fly with you for a spell.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:17 PM
Master

And here I was yesterday driving home and examining a puzzle piece close up. I suddenly remembered what you said about the whole picture and put that puzzle piece down.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
And here I was yesterday driving home and examining a puzzle piece close up. I suddenly remembered what you said about the whole picture and put that puzzle piece down.

That's wonderful . Thanks so much! And you're absolutely right about us each having our own gifts. It makes the universe an interesting playground.
Old 21-05-2019, 09:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
"Of course we can't stay in that way all the time, but it is something to remember."
The thing to actually remember is to never say can't.

Thanks so much Miss Hepburn! That's definitely true. It takes focus, but totally worth it!