Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-07-2017, 07:10 AM
Guide

Duplicate posting
Old 05-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
This is pure entitlement, teachers have no obligation to teach anyone who asks all they know.
In the field of enlightenment any teacher position is voluntary. As such it is one's duty to teach, and teach properly.
Quote:
You seem to think that teachers are training more teachers. Is there some requirement to create lineages??
Most students are not interested in becoming teachers themselves nor are they under any obligation to do so.
A teacher is still a teacher if he educates others. There are a vast number of things one can learn from a teacher, to become a teacher is only one.
I don't assume that teachers only want teachers. A dance teacher who teaches well will strive that his students exceed him in his dancing ability and not necessarily become a teacher. The same for soccer coach who is an ex-player.
Quote:
Anyway this topic is about enlightened people not teachers/mentors.
People who claim to have some insight but refuse to pass it on. You don't want to pass on your skills or knowledge then keep the mouth shut so that no one will know how much you know.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Master

to the op: I do that all the time. No real rules I'm following other than maybe self-preservation.

Not really a nice activity, and not at all helpful I'm sure.

But if people wouldn't have berated me when I did choose to share simply for sharing, I wouldn't have reason to suppose that people after all don't care to know what it is that I know and I might still be sharing what I have.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:25 AM
Ascender
There are some secrecy rules. Both for Human teachers and those in the spirit realms. There are certain things you will not be taught until you are ready for them. Because it can be dangerous for both teacher and student and because there is just no point teaching someone something they are not capable of doing. Also its a matter of proving yourself worthy by reaching that stage on your own. Unfortunately by the time you get to that point most people are no longer open to learning cos they think they already know.

But mostly its cos we say something and then realise it will sound crazy if we try to explain it.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:35 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
My friend and I are still finding our way through the awakening process. But one thing we've noticed and don't fully understand is when those who are more further on their journey or more advanced into the higher vibrations are very hesitant to share any info or when asked direct questions it's almost as though they can not share certain information for fear of losing something they've gained. Is this a correct estimation of what we're perceiving? Is there some laws which can be broken and they have the risk of losing something they've gained by offering guidance to someone who is newer and finding their own way?
This has happened a few times to both of us with others who have more fully awakened and it becomes hard to understand. It's almost as if someone told a knock knock joke and walked away leaving you hanging without a punch line. Not a perfect analogy but the same feeling nonetheless.

So if this is true, then how come we have heard of more advanced souls on their journeys referred to as mentors? They obviously are able to share. How does someone know they will lose their gifts and others are free to share?

It's often because what they may be disposed to communicate, they can't. No one can. It's about experiences.
There's no vocabulary to do it. So the best on offer is anecdotal.

Try it for yourself. Explain to me your experience of the colour "red" or the taste of an apple.
You might be able to say that red makes you excited or angry but that that tells little about your experience and how you got there.

We can point to signposts, we can tell you to explore your maps - but we can't tell you what YOU will find on the routes.
We can outlay techniques, can even suggest ways to practice them - but we can't tell you what particular results to expect even when you tell us your aim.

It's just difficult because we're stuck with words when (as a schitzo once said to me) 95% of what's worth saying can't be put into words.
The only useful mentors are the ones that can fire your thoughts and show you where those signposts are. You have to find your own
path - so those that try to teach you a dogma are useless.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:08 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
to the op: I do that all the time. No real rules I'm following other than maybe self-preservation.

Not really a nice activity, and not at all helpful I'm sure.

But if people wouldn't have berated me when I did choose to share simply for sharing, I wouldn't have reason to suppose that people after all don't care to know what it is that I know and I might still be sharing what I have.
I can see that you are not teacher material.

If you are a teacher or have a leadership position you must expect that people are unhappy about things and take it out on you.

As a leader, and a true teacher is a leader in the spiritual field especially, self-preservation can only go that far. IOW, you have to be prepared to die, spiritually, and maybe in exceptional cases also physically.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
But one thing we've noticed and don't fully understand is when those who are more further on their journey or more advanced into the higher vibrations are very hesitant to share any info or when asked direct questions it's almost as though they can not share certain information for fear of losing something they've gained.
I'd like you to give some examples. Who did you talk to, what did you ask specifically, and what was their response? Generalizing doesn't answer anything. I was in a spiritual cult for nearly 20 years, I had no problem receiving specific answers whenever I needed them or asked for help, either from my teachers or from other students. See? It's all about the particulars.

Last edited by Baile : 05-07-2017 at 01:06 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Master
Hmmm it is very rare that anybody actually asks me questions personally. If they do it is most often not of any intent to learn anything of what I am talking about, but is more often out of either mere curiosity or something to "talk about" so to speak.

I actually hold to the faith that knowledge should be shared, for knowledge kept to oneself is self serving and only serves to serve the self. Knowledge shared ideally brings knowledge to many for the purpose of helping others, and humanity.

The problem stems when one realizes that not everyone has one iota of intention to use any knowledge to help anyone else.

The best answer I have gotten with many with knowledge is the information they are able to share is highly personal. And then there comes the question- why are you asking? Do you really care to know? Or are you simply curious?

Answering questions to satisfy curiosities gets us no where.

Many things I have learned myself in regards to spirituality are highly personal. When I try and share my views I am shot down. Why would I share anything more personal than that? To humor someone?

A favorite poem of mine by Rumi is entitled Never Tell. This is pretty much how I feel myself about sharing such things.

I often wonder the intentions of others. Depending on what is asked I usually can tell if the intent is genuine. Even if it is however, realize no one is actually obligated to answer anything.

Those are my views on the subject. Knowledge should be shared, but it also should be able to be shared. Also one does not share knowledge readily simply because an individual asks. What about earning our answers?

Blessings.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
The problem stems when one realizes that not everyone has one iota of intention to use any knowledge to help anyone else.
What has lead you to this observation? I've seen the opposite: people love sharing what they know in order to help if they can. Forums like this one are an example of that, aren't they?
Old 05-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Knower

Maybe they just want you to see for yourself and they're just throwing out a teaser for fun.

To be honest, most teachers I've encountered are happy to give detailed instructions for growth. But it's up students to decide what methods/teachers appeal to them and how much effort they're prepared to put in.