Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Closed Thread

Old 16-09-2006, 01:48 PM
dreamer

Nice post and wise advice John.
Old 17-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Maarkandeya

Perhaps I am reading too much into what Enlightener has said, but my sense is that there is a very important insight there. What is the purpose of an ordinary dream when viewed from the perspective of the dreamer? Is the answer to this question different when viewed from the perspective of one of the dream-objects?

(I am sure that many of you are fully aware that sages have often compared the process of life to the dream/"awakening" process.)
Old 18-09-2006, 07:31 PM
e-ma

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
e-ma, I think what is considered wisdom is merely experience gained from being lucky enough to learn from a lifetime of mistakes. Sometimes it seems like I've made more mistakes than anyone in the history of the world, many of the same ones time and again so they would sink in my thick skull. So now some people think I'm wise, simply because I've lived long enough to have gone through the same things they're bothered with now.

It's a shame you suffered so to get back to your starting point. I have an idea that our individual life purposes might simply be to use whatever God given talents we have the best we can. Too often we look outward when we should focus inward.

John

Thanks for the food-for-thought John.

Old 18-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Guide

How about a self prescribed pre-destined purpose? Meaning before incarnation, you decided to lay out your highest purpose for this incarnation. When you are not in aligment with your purpose, and thus act destructively, you experience pain, not just physically but emotionally and mentally. When you are in alignment with your purpose, you experience joy and prosperity and health. Before your incarnation, you knew the most efficient process to learn the next set of lessons whether old or new. And, so you manifest a body and circumstance that is perfect to effectively acheive the completion of these life lessons. There is a reason I am using the word incarnation and not life time. I have heard it said that it is possible to complete and fulfill one's initial purpose and actually experience what is refered to as a re-incarnation in the same lifetime. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

This is not necessarily my opinion or description, but AN opinion or discription. Hear of it? Does it ring any bells with anyone? Care to comment?
Old 26-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
Enlightener - - if what you say is true - - then in the Huge Picture of Things - - we simply all turn out to be "experience junkies" just like most of us are "material junkies" here in this world.

Does that make sense to you ?? Do you really believe that's all there is to it all ??

Lol, I guess you could say we are experience junkies, spiritually. I think we have many purposes in Life and YOUR purpose is whatever you choose it to be, it is all relative.
I was just trying to say that the reason that we are here, on this earthly plane, is to experience. Experience whatever we wish, whatever we choose to create.
I was in no way saying that that is All There Is in regards to purpose, as I just said, your purpose is whatever you want it to be.

Enlightener
Old 26-10-2006, 03:05 PM
GoldChord

Chadley,

Your narrative/opinion aligns with what I understand the process to be - that we decide our path in spirit before we return to earth. Our objective is to learn and continue learning through incarnations or lifetimes or whatever you call it. We select our parents and what we want to take with us when we arrive so that we can learn what we need to learn to continue evolving - we experience difficulty when we are not following the path we decided to walk before we arrived on this plane but sometimes we experience difficulty because we are walking the right path as this is what we have chosen - because there is something we need to learn from it.

Take care.
Old 27-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Knower
my purpose is to share the burden of others....and comfort those in need of it...
Old 27-10-2006, 01:46 AM
BLAIR2BE

a wise fish never goes anywhere without a porpoise....
Old 27-10-2006, 08:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUE_KAKASHI
my purpose is to share the burden of others....and comfort those in need of it...

you are one great guy i'd love a chat with you sometime
Old 27-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
a wise fish never goes anywhere without a porpoise....
i've not heard that one before blair lol
Closed Thread