Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 25-08-2014, 08:49 PM
korryn92

Lightbulb paranormal investigation teams

So there is a local paranormal investigation team. The woman on the team who says she has abilities somehow struck up a conversation with my mom while walking around town the one day because my mom likes stuff like that. I like the idea too, sort of think it might be fun to see how things work. I don't agree how some try to aggravate spirits and such just to get evidence though.

My mom told her about how I have some abilities (I'm still a novice and working on them) and the woman said I could go with them on one of their investigations if I wanted to.

I was thinking of taking up her offer to see if I could validate some of the things I sense while there since the woman says she has abilities too. I say "she says she has abilities" because I have never met her and anyone can say they have them, but I am not trying to doubt her, just not making a sort of decision about her (not sure of other words) before I meet her.

Has anyone here been on an investigation like these type of people do? Do you think it would be beneficial or just a waste of time? Just wondering, would love to hear other peoples experiences or opinions. Sorry if this is under the wrong category.
Old 25-08-2014, 09:17 PM
Badger1777

I did some freelance work for a successful "paranormal investigations" company. I had to pull out of the contract in the end because I just couldn't bear to work with them and help them spout their rubbish and milk people for their money.

i'm not saying they are all like this. I'm talking about the kind that do organised ghost hunts and such. It amazes me that people can think that a ghost will manifest exactly between 9PM and 11PM in such and such a room of such and such a historic building on a specific date which just happens to be the date booked by the organisers of the event.

With a lot of clever social engineering, ie setting the mood, getting the paying guests into the right mindset to believe anything, and of course always being ready to use the excuse that if you didn't witness it, well its your fault because not everyone is in tune, they wait for the sound of a passing car on the main road a mile away, or a breeze to blow a curtain and lo, the ghosty has appeared right on cue. And then they prove it, with blurry badly taken photos in bad light, or dodgy recordings of white noise, or, and I kid you not (and I studied electronics at college), devices that can actually measure ectoplasmic energy levels. It doesn't matter that actual scientists have tried to find anything measurable and failed, because a trinkets from Maplin and a few wire coat hangers to make a crude induction loop that will positively identify the ghost of the mistreated housemaid from the 18th century. And everyone says "ooh", and goes home £45 lighter and thoroughly impressed.
Old 25-08-2014, 09:27 PM
korryn92

Thank you for telling me your experience!

I would have had to leave too because I think tricking people is just wrong. Plus if they tried to upset whatever was at the location isn't right either, just like trying to upset alive people to get a reaction out of them to prove a point.

I'm glad you were able to get out of the contract though, you sound like a better person than the others on the team :)
Old 26-08-2014, 04:49 PM
Master
Korryn--

Just based on the "investigation teams" on TV versus individuals, I put much more trust in individuals. The teams usually have some kind of gung-ho "let's find them critters" attitude. There is usually one guy who approaches all spirits with an adversarial attitude.

There are some who seem legitimate, but not that many. Although I can see how it might be intriguing, if you do do it, I wouldn't invest a lot in it. It might be interesting for a night but you can probably develop more on your own--or with the help of one individual you trust. IMHO.

Lora
Old 26-08-2014, 05:28 PM
Ascender
I would agree to go with them one time,but make sure I have a shield up. I hear you can bring home a spirit with you,if you are not careful. However,if they tried to irritate the spirits,I would leave immediately. You just don't do that.
Old 26-08-2014, 05:40 PM
korryn92

Thank you LillyBelle!

I was thinking about the shield too since I have heard about the possibility of bringing spirits home too.

I would probably leave, or at least sit outside until a ride showed up for me, if they started doing that. I don't want any part in irritating spirits, its wrong.

I was thinking of sitting down and asking about how they do things before I agreed to go too because if I know before hand that they will try to irritate the spirits I just wont go.

Thank you IsleWalker!

I think I would have more development on my own as well. I was thinking it would be a one time thing just to see what its like. Also if the woman that my mom talked to does have abilities then it might be nice to be able to talk to her once in a while since I don't know anyone with similar things going on other than on here.

Thank you both for your advice :)