Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Experiencer

mindfulness(parkour, free running)

I have a question about mediation and its different forms. So, for so long I've always pictured meditation to be still, clear minded like a pond with no ripples. I've heard most people find mediation to be sitting, lying down, or standing but it was after a few years into my fascination with spirituality that I found my own way. I just want some clarity on whether or not I'm meditating or not.

I've been a parkour practioner for about 7 years and I always found it to be a meditation for me. I become mindful of the moment while training. Everything is so clear and quiet and I'm no longer thinking about the movement but doing the movement (make sense?). Nothing comes close to this not even sitting mediation. So my question is....is parkour my meditation or is it not?

Thanks for stopping by
Old 20-08-2014, 08:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayan
I've been a parkour practioner for about 7 years and I always found it to be a meditation for me. I become mindful of the moment while training. Everything is so clear and quiet and I'm no longer thinking about the movement but doing the movement (make sense?). Nothing comes close to this not even sitting mediation. So my question is....is parkour my meditation or is it not?

Hello and welcome to the forum brayan !

It seems you have answered your own question
Meditation is different things to different people, sounds like what you are doing is meditation for you, enjoy the moments !

I have heard of some people who meditate while doing dishes, just focusing on the sound of the running water as their mind drifts .....

Adrienne
Old 20-08-2014, 09:08 AM
Experiencer

Woo! Thanks

I guess I should really get back into it. I've been out of sync since I took a break from training. Well thanks for the warm welcome and thanks again for your response. :)
Old 20-08-2014, 09:30 AM
Deactivated Account

You are welcome I will confess, lol ... I had no idea what parkour was, had to look it up.

Sometimes the being out of sync with things is necessary, as when you return to whatever it was, it is like one has a renewed and refreshed energy !
Old 20-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Experiencer

Hahaha I had a feeling I wasn't getting too many replies. Usually when people ask I refer to Jackie Chan evading the bad guys in movies.

Totally agree. Didnt know how important it was until I let it go. Time to get to back into monkey business :p btw I highly recommend trying it out. Super easy stuff you can learn for safety in the future lol.
Old 20-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Deactivated Account

monkey business ? you must be talking about the climbing, I was thinking you are getting into mischief ? LOL ! So do you do those races with the obstacle courses ? Some of those challenges they put one thru are unreal !

ok, the Jackie Chan visual helps, not too sure on how super easy one would call his moves

just curious though, how the intense focusing you must do while you are doing the parkour routines, how you can focus or meditate on anything else ? or is this intense focusing your meditation ? It must take your mind to a different level
Old 20-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Experiencer

Weeeell I have competed for fun of course with a very large community based in Califonia called SFPK. I good friend of mine usually updates me on the jams about where and when they are. The community holds events that consist of tutorials for beginners, sessions where they venture through a city, or host a bbq/obstacle course run day. The people there are very welcoming, most definitely spiritual, and are always willing to lend a hand/ear. Im sure there is a community near you that you dont know about :p
Old 20-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Deactivated Account

Sounds like fun times, good to hear you are getting back into this.
Old 20-08-2014, 10:04 AM
Experiencer

Thanks Adrienne :)
Old 20-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Deactivated Account

welcome brayan