Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 08-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egadanadage
Hi Anthony,

I've been meditating for over twenty years for astral projection. I use a visualization that works every time. I'm totally wired for visualization meditation. I love that I astral project every day. That's great, right? No, because although I enjoy the experience and seek it out, it ceases to become meditation. It's astral projection. I wanted a daily meditation aside from astral projecting, but everything I tried sent me into a projection EXCEPT a mantra meditation, which I've added and have been doing everyday for the last ten or so years. At first it was a huge struggle to reset my brain and get good concentration. I've used this analogy before but I'll say it again. The neural connections in my brain...the visualization process, for me, is like a vast river. After so long meditating this way for astral projection was easy. Mantra meditation, at first, was like a tiny stream that I cut through very slowly, struggling to move forward. Those neural connections, that way of quieting myself was really difficult. Over the last ten years that stream has become a river through practice and dedicating myself to knowing that I NEEDED a meditation for myself that wouldn't send me shooting off into a projection. It takes time, and diligence, and patience to quiet yourself in a new way. You have to stick with it. If you're thinking about using binaural beats, I'd suggest instead finding an actual mantra meditation to use. YouTube is full of them, and for many people it helps with concentration to add your voice to those of others. It can help to keep you on track in the beginning. It will keep your mind on the mantra and allow you to develop a rythym that works well. Good luck to you.

Hi Egadanadage
You right i notice when i was doing body scan meditation at the start i could not even concentrate for long on parts of my body and my attention went allot of different directions.After 2 months i could concentrate just on my body part.
So i am going to use your advise for guided mantra meditation and use my own voice.I had a nice meditation this morning and my mind was thoughtless
and i believe i was in a meditative state.
I will try this out for a while and be patient and see what happens
thanks