Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
DASA

Gita Translations

Hi Dreamer,

I've read about 6-7 different translations, including Gandhi's, but still the best for me is 'Bhagavad-Gita As-it-Is' by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. Firstly he's writing from a deep personally realised perspective after a life of dedication to Krishna; secondly he quotes a lot of other Vedic literature within the explanations to further explain what Krishna is saying so you are given a more in-depth picture.

Plus the original sanskrit is included in a way you can speak it, with translations of each of the words, so nothing is hidden like in some other versions: The original poetry and the explanations - both 'as it is'.

Gouranga,

Das
Old 07-04-2006, 07:22 PM
dreamer

Brilliant, thanks i will order one tomorrrow.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:20 AM
prachi

Hey Dreamer,
i've just 2 versions of Gita. 1 is in sanskrit, with simple hindi translations. 2nd is Bhagvad Gita as it is(which is in english). the english one is of my fiance (he dunno hindi n sanskrit). i liek reading the english one with the verses explained. but i just treat it as 1 person's point of view. i've always read teh sanskrit oen and as there's no explanations, u always try to seek an explanation. which is a good exercise. i always love to hear people interpret teh verses, put in their own experiences, how they feel about it etc... that way one get's to see the multi-dimensional truth... i ould like to read the translation u recommended. hope i find it. today i was at "Hare Krishna "restaurant(run by ISKCON) and they were playing a nice cd, of 1 of teh devotees. teh singer is Pia, forgot the name of teh CD. but her vocie has similar effect as Deva Premal... liked it.
Old 07-09-2006, 02:32 PM
DASA

Bhagavad Gita Online

For the record:

Bhagavad-Gita (As-it-is) is now fully available online at:

http://bhagavadgitaasitis.com/1/en1

Best Wishes,

Das
Old 10-09-2006, 06:24 AM
imageimaginer

White Lines

Hi Dasa,

I was just wondering what are those white lines on the divine beings foreheads and what do they mean?
Old 10-09-2006, 01:08 PM
Glorymist

HiYa DASA ! !

Just wanted to say "hi."

It's been a while.

Now we gotta get Bob23 back.

hee hee hee
Old 10-09-2006, 06:54 PM
Bob23

Bhagavad Gita...great read...I put it up there with The Beano and The Dandy!

Can I just ask what principle or set of principles you've read from the 'Bhaggy Jitty' and found best applies to the actual experience of that principle?

Which abstract understanding is best 'lived' for you?

Take care,

Bibbybobjim (Vishnu's mate!)

Last edited by Bob23 : 10-09-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Glorymist

Ohmigod ! !

OhmigodOhmigodOhmiGAWD ! !

It's Bob23 ! ! ! !

ooOOoo

I've missed you ! !

And your very first post is spoken like the true Bob23 I once had some rather interesting discussions with.

I thought you might be off somewhere learning how to be more nice ! !

hee hee hee

( Don't let him get to you DASA. You know better ! ! So do I. )
Old 11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
dreamer

Hey Glory,

yourself and dasa are attracting bobs manner, there must be something flawed in your thinking to be attracting it too, whether that be a lack of conviction or an illogical perception of the truth it is hard for you to know which is probably why you are attracting it in the first place. Hee,hee, I'm only joshing.

Nice post bob, i liked the pyschedelics links too, you always provide an interesting, challenging and educational perspective. It always seemed likely that when the truth is known sensitivities become irrelevent, and so it is proving - if you can create it whichever way suits best, whats to be sensitive about? Your only getting what you asked for anyway - just like it says in the bhagavad gita, which is a great book if you don't become too attached to it(like anything else really)

Last edited by dreamer : 11-09-2006 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Bob23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorymist
I thought you might be off somewhere learning how to be more nice ! !
( Don't let him get to you DASA. You know better ! ! So do I. )

Hello Glory,

If only the truth was only nice there'd be no fear of being 'got to' eh?

On a more practical level though, what, if any, is the actual experience in real life terms of the nice principles you intellectually injoy re~reading in the BG?

Obviously there comes a time when it's lived in an everyday sense through normal day~to~day living instead of academically and egoically hiding in a book. Ofcourse I'm not implying anyone is doing that unless that's exactly what you're doing.

So, practically, what do you find is verifiable in the actuality of the living of it?

After all, experiencially living a principle is more nicer than reading about it...wouldn't you agree?

In~joy the aliveness of living it and sharing your direct experience.

Thanks,

AngelicBob.
Closed Thread