Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astrology

Old 09-12-2022, 11:39 PM
Master

Polar of Sun Sign

I'm feeling quite drawn to ask about the purpose of polarity in more significant placements, such as the placement of the Sun sign (or the part of the personality which wishes to express itself in this lifetime).

In my case, my sun sign is in Virgo so it's polar sign is Pisces.
Is there a purpose to the polar sun sign in astrology and if so, how may I understand with more clarity?
Thanks a bunch
Old 10-12-2022, 05:09 PM
Master

An interesting question. There are obvious polarities in the natal chart - ascendant/descendant, midheaven/imum coeli, north node/south node. But when we consider planets in signs we don't usually consider the polar opposite (or at least, I don't.)

However, every sign does have its polar opposite and they come as a pair. So for example, we are entering the Age of Aquarius but we also have to consider the impact of Leo, the opposite sign.

And each sign has its higher and lower aspects, and there is the idea that the problems of the lower aspects of one sign are resolved through the higher aspects of the opposite sign.

So having Sun in Virgo, then the limitations of earthy Virgo (wanting boundaries and control) can be resolved through the higher aspect of watery Pisces (letting go and flowing). This is a very general example, but it may illustrate the idea.

And I found the following comment online:

Basically, the sign opposite your Sun sits at the farthest point from you on the circle, representing the same energy but inverted. Thus it shares your essential qualities and desires but approaches them in divergent ways. Taken as a pair, your Sun sign and opposite sign generate a fuller spectrum of meaning, and their relationship can light up what may be missing in the solo read of your Sun sign.

Interesting.

Peace
Old 10-12-2022, 05:31 PM
iamthat, I didn't know you knew about astrology! I love it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-12-2022, 06:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
iamthat, I didn't know you knew about astrology! I love it.
Hi Miss H. I am just an amateur when it comes to astrology. I have an interest in the principles of astrology and I can find my way around a birth chart but that is the extent of my knowledge. Way too much to learn.

Peace
Old 10-12-2022, 11:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Age of Aquarius but we also have to consider the impact of Leo, the opposite sign.
and there is the idea that the problems of the lower aspects of one sign are resolved through the higher aspects of the opposite sign.

[/color]

Interesting.

Peace

Interesting that you mention the age of Aquarius and Leo as the polar sign to Aquarius as I was thinking about the shadow sides of Aquarius earlier this week in regards to the Age of Aquarius (advancement of technology). My son also has North Node placement in Aquarius and so it is doubly as interesting for me.

The quote mentioned was quite interesting.

I often wondered how a sense of "divine order" which would possibly be influenced by the Piscean energy of "divine flow" worked for exalted Virgo, in a larger, universal sense.
Old 13-12-2022, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
Interesting that you mention the age of Aquarius and Leo as the polar sign to Aquarius as I was thinking about the shadow sides of Aquarius earlier this week in regards to the Age of Aquarius (advancement of technology).
Technology??
The way I see it is the Age of Aquarius is mostly about the upside of that sign: free-spirited, open-minded, creative, innovative, rebellious, not possible to really get a hold on them as they are too free-minded for that.
All qualities that we need in the Age of Aquarius which is about abandoning the fixed & limiting rules and regulations, the "how things should be (done)" and with that creating space for the individual to 'be'.
Through that love, compassion, one-ness and togetherness can rise. The sense of Sisterhood & Brotherhood where people support each other and not judge.

With Leo opposing I'd take that as getting the attention of "me me me me!!!"
which can happen to Leo when they're not empowered. Unempowered Leos can display behaviour from self-doubt and insecurity.
And the me me me me doesn't fit in the Age of Aquarius. That time was necessary for a while (the 60s & 70s for the most part) to be able to break away from the old & obsolete Age of Pisces.

It basically went like this:
- no say in anything for thousands of years (Age of Pisces)
- not putting up with that anymore, wanting equality, needing to stand up and have rights as an individual (end of Age of Pisces, very much 60s & 70s), in that sense a necessary self-centredness and possibly even selfishness.
- the next step is being able to let that go now the need to have the void of not having a say has been filled, self-worth and validation begotten. And now move into love & compassion & freedom.

With that the upside of Leo plays a part as its "me!" in the healthy sense is being able to love, give, receive, care, from inner strength and a strong Heart.
Giving from Love without losing one's individuality.
Especially that last part is important because an age of Love does NOT mean we have to lose who we are, our individuality. (Leo). We have the right to be who we are, whatever way shape or form that may take (Aquarius' strong sense of individuality and freedom).
Old 13-12-2022, 02:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
I'm feeling quite drawn to ask about the purpose of polarity in more significant placements, such as the placement of the Sun sign (or the part of the personality which wishes to express itself in this lifetime).

In my case, my sun sign is in Virgo so it's polar sign is Pisces.
Is there a purpose to the polar sun sign in astrology and if so, how may I understand with more clarity?
Thanks a bunch
You can research both your sign and the Pisces one to see how they come together for you and in you.
I feel that the opposite sign shows what you have to learn/overcome in order to stand in the power of your sun sign, in other words to embody the positive strong traits of your sun sign.
As if when you are still influenced by the downside of the opposite sign you automatically end up in the downside of your Sun sign, if that makes sense.

For Virgo Sun and Pisces opposite that could for instance be getting out of victimhood. Victimhood is a tendency of negative Pisces, but I've seen this in many Virgos I've known. Maybe this is not applicable to you, you have to read about this to see what resonates for you as not every Virgo is the same.

Taking my example, Taurus sun & Scorpio opposite... couldn't make much sense of it. They have very similar traits but the detail of them differ a bit. So I had to read and sit with it to see how there is an opposite and something to learn/overcome even, right through the many similar traits.
I know there has to be something as Taurus - Scorpio is a very difficult combination, usually called the worst match possible of the entire zodiac, which in my experience is 100% accurate.
So there had to be something, but I didn't see it when reading.
Until I read this:
"Taurus is stabilizing on its own, while Scorpio seeks to stabilize through merging."

This is a BIG thing for me. It has to do with learning & daring to stand on my own two feet, to not lean on others but to do it myself. Meaning to take control, accountability, responsibility for my life and not try to get there via others and/or being dependent or co-dependent.
For me this -yet again- goes back to a past where I was bullied at school for years on end. I used to be strong, self-reliant, a leader, but the bullying overwhelmed me and made me scared to stand up, to shine my Light, to do it myself, to dare be strong and maybe even take a risk.
Because of being bullied I've learnt to make myself invisible, to become too flexible, to fear conflict and as a result not speak my mind when I have to because it scares me.
I've come a long way in my life, but in spite of that still struggling with it concerning the area of income.

In short: An empowered Taurus stabilises on his own, a less or not empowered Taurus seeks this via another.

Maybe reading this helps you find how you see this.
Old 13-12-2022, 06:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
... With that the upside of Leo plays a part as its "me!" in the healthy sense is being able to love, give, receive, care, from inner strength and a strong Heart. Giving from Love without losing one's individuality.
Yes. I see the Aquarius-Leo dynamic as group consciousness vs individual consciousness.

The keynote of the sign of Aquarius is service to Humanity. While lower Leo is all about personal ego (I am), and higher Leo is all about spiritual Being (I AM).

Which is expressed in the following quote:

Through the incorporation of the energies of its opposite sign, Leo, the Aquarian is able to demonstrate profound self-realisation while simultaneously working within the collective. Groups are recognised as the modality most suited to facilitating spiritual upliftment, and therefore such disciples are frequently found participating in and leading progressive group efforts.

Peace
Old 13-12-2022, 06:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
Taking my example, Taurus sun & Scorpio opposite... couldn't make much sense of it. They have very similar traits but the detail of them differ a bit.
Another perspective is that Taurus is associated with desire, and the challenge for Taureans is to transform earthly personal desire to spiritual aspiration.

Scorpio is sometimes referred to as the sign of discipleship, challenging the individual to look inwards and rise above the lower self and its desires. Scorpio stages this by creating "points of crisis" which are also "moments of reorientation". Hence the many inner conflicts faced by those under Scorpio. And the greatest battle is usually on the emotional plane (which is also the plane of desire) because Scorpio is a water sign. All of which reorients the disciple to the life of the Soul.

Interesting how it all hangs together.

Peace
Old 15-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Master
Yes that could be an option too but I left that out as I don't think that one is an issue for me.
I have so many aspects in my chart that indicate that I am sensitive, spiritual, intuitive and whatnot and I am that way indeed. I have been living that, and always/still learning and evolving.
So I didn't feel that aspect was applicable to me.