Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 PM
Isolde`Yewl

Names to inspire

Hello all!

So I'm writing a novel. Three, to be exact. The first follows a nature elemental. The second follows an Angel of Destiny. The third follows a young girl who loves her dreams more than her life.

Then two nights ago, I had a dream that inspired me to write a short story. Not a full length novel, like the other three. Just something small.

Now, names are very, VERY important to me. I can't start writing any book until I find the right name. Elynor, the character from my first book, means "bright one." The title of that book, Exaltation, has a double meaning that will reveal the book if I say them. =) Often times, I'll have an idea for a name, and if it doesn't work, I keep trying to find a new one until it fits.

Well, recently, for a few weeks now, I've fallen in love with the name Wynne, When, Win, Wyn, Whyn, whatever. I really love the wh sound together. I didn't know what I'd ever use it for. My boyfriend will never let me name a child Whyn, no matter how hard I begged, so I figured I'd just throw it in my name list and be done with it.

Then the dream two nights ago. There's an Ice Queen involved in it. So I thought I'd make my main character an ice fairy or some other kind of mythical creature involving ice. And I thought, "Finally!" I can use my favorite name in a short story.

"Well, let me look up the meaning of Whyn vs. Meril (my second favorite) and see which one fits."

Whyn... means white.

=) Thank you, Goddess!

Blessings,
Sol
Old 05-02-2013, 05:40 PM
Deactivated Account

Sol,

Very interesting on your name choices and how they seem to " magically " work into your stories ! Especially on your dream with the Ice Queen and your favorite name choice, synchronicities. In your story it should work out just fine...

but I side with your boyfriend, lol ... to me it sounds like whine and who would want that for a child's name.

Wishing you success with your stories ! All the best !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 05-02-2013, 10:14 PM
Isolde`Yewl

More!!

In relation to the Ice Queen... I was wanting to do a ice AND crystal theme with her, to make her seem more rich and luxurious. Having failed finding a mythological creature that fit what I wanted, I decided to make my own.

I decided to use nymphs for the story, since there are so many different types and I wanted a lot of the same, but different clans. Since nymphs are mainly Greek in origin, I wanted to keep that theme to create my new type of nymph.

I started doing some research on the origins of the word ICE and CRYSTAL. I was going to use one or the other, if not both, in the name of my new ice/crystal nymph.

And upon finishing my research, I found that the Greek word for ICE and CRYSTAL......

....were one in the same.

This is like my calling right now. lol It's weird, though. Because I've never felt like I've written my novels. I always feel like they write themselves. Just more proof. <3

Blessings,
Sol