Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 29-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Master
How to shed a red-overlay in the aura?

I recently took this test to determine the hues within my aura.

http://www.auracolors.com/en/persona...lors-quiz.html

I have a pretty intense red-overlay which I am to understand is designed as a protective layer that can also be a harmful layer. I would like to know how to shed this. Any one have any experience with this?
Old 29-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Master
002 cents... Your aura is made up of energies in your body and mind. Red in the aura can mean anger or other self-defensive emotions.

To release it you would need to look into how you are carrying memories from the past when you did need extra protection... from childhood perhaps... and find a way to heal and release them.

A good method for this is EFT - Emotional Freedom Techniques. There's an introductory article it at: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4478

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 30-07-2011 at 02:29 AM.
Old 30-07-2011, 02:27 AM
Master
Thank you for the info. I will have to look into it. I think this is one of those instances where I kinda need to make me a priority as this inner self-saboteur is becomeing quite the burden.
Old 30-07-2011, 02:43 AM
mattie

Underlying Issue Is The Real Thing To Address

I wouldn’t attempt to remove this layer. Look at this in a holistic manner. Address whatever is causing the need to have this protection. When you address the underlying issue, your aura will automatically reflect this.

Your last reply noting the ‘inner self-saboteur’ being ‘quite the burden’ is VERY significant. We are often our own worst enemy.

One of the biggest issues we have to deal w/ is TRUSTing self. Have patience & compassion about getting over this as we’ve had millennia of messages, mostly, but not exclusively from organized religion that we are inherently flawed.

You’ve already taken first step of recognizing that this is an issue. This is vitally important & you should give your self a hearty congratulations for having taken it as this is often the hardest step to take. Appreciate how this affects your self esteem & decide if this is where you want to BE. It is your choice.

Now just begin to gently stop the negative self talk that accompanies it. Use your focused intent to shift how you think one unproductive thought at a time. It adds up quickly & changes one’s energy pattern immediately. Soon you will see self sabotaging as practically a different lifetime. Each & every time you halt corrosive negative self talk give your self a pat on the back.
Old 30-07-2011, 03:16 AM
earthatic

Does the red overlay look like a net sort of?
Old 30-07-2011, 04:23 AM
Master
My understanding is it is a red ring at the furthest most point of your aura.

Mattie- I am going based off the results of this quiz which seems to ring completely true for me. http://www.auracolors.com/en/persona...lors-quiz.html

My significant scoring hues were as follows:

Indigo: 9
Violet: 8
Green: 8
Logical Tan: 6

Red Overlay: 5

As it has been described in this site, the red-overlay is a protective shield people develop at a young age to protect themselves from things that were issues in their youth, abandonment, abuse, they may not even remember what exactly it was. I know I have deep rooted issues from things that no longer effect me. This layer no longer serves a purpose. It is not something manifested for anything pertaining to my life at present. When I say self-saboteur it is not that I sit around criticizing myself all the time it is that I am in capable of keeping a job for any length of time because I always create conflict. I am friendly and personable excellent with the customers but some how without fail every single place I work I end up with a nemesis. I hear gossip circulating I become less trusting and detached. Then I make a rash decision usually the wrong one and that is it. Like I don't want to wait for the other shoe to drop so I screw it all up deliberately. I don't realize it while it is going on or my rational side would step in and slap me up side the head and say "Hey, don't loose your nerve, just keep doing your thing." Sometimes I honestly wonder if it is possible for me to have a job without a nemesis. Additionally I want to be a better wife and mother and for what ever reason I keep lashing out at them. None of it is founded or triggered, it is just like a little person inside me who feels betrayed who feels like they need to be heard and no body wants to listen... Hmmm... maybe that helps... it does kind of sound familiar.

Hey thanks, maybe I can reflect on it and see if that is the root of it.
Old 30-07-2011, 06:00 AM
mattie

Dubious Test IMO

It’s great that you listed the site that has the quiz.

I clicked on the site link about auras to see what test you took. I don’t think the quiz has anything to do w/ one’s aura whatsoever. It is more of a short personality test like the Myers-Briggs, trying to apply these personality traits to an aura. Making determinations about one’s aura from something like this is really dubious.

Don’t be overly reliant on quizzes such as this about one’s energies. No shortage of this type of thing on the Internet. They may or may not be useful & are hardly a comprehensive review of your energies.

Our aura is our current energies. I doubt that it would reflect an energy such as the red overlay that was something that no longer served a purpose. This sounds like the type of suggestion that is made (being blocked) to help sell products.

You already know the things that are issues for you. You don’t need a test to determine these. Explore these nonjudgmentally. Your comment that you have issues w/ interacting at work, lashing out at the family, &, most importantly that you are ignored or unappreciated are things that you don’t need a aura quiz to deal w/. How’s your self esteem?
Old 30-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Master
You sound very knowledgeable on the subject. I appreciate all your advice. I am going to make another attempt at trying to view it myself. Last time it was mostly all white and come to find out that can be produced when you have caffeine.

But I do need to do more introspection. Additionally I am going to try to learn more about the ETP Xan was talking about I did a little poking around and just the little I found seemed very useful.

Thank you
Old 30-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Master
Interesting thread I wonder how accurate those tyPEs of websites are
Old 31-07-2011, 02:03 AM
mattie

Don't Buy Into Others' Doubt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 002 Cents
... I am going to make another attempt at trying to view it myself. Last time it was mostly all white and come to find out that can be produced when you have caffeine.

Good for you for moving on to seeing it your self.

I don’t agree w/ the caffeine business at all. I’ve had caffeine my entire life & this didn’t do anything in regards to my ability to see energies. Why is caffeine supposed to do this???? This seems to have created some doubt in you that you actually saw your aura. You probably did. Don't buy into others' doubts.

Many see a whitish aura. Some see colors. One of the least productive things we can do is to expect our experience to conform to others.