Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 16-10-2017, 06:54 AM
Experiencer
being an observer in your dreams

I started writing my dream journal again, and while I was writing my latest dream, I was surprised at realizing one aspect of my dreams, that I knew about now for a very long time, but I never thought about it much, until it occurred to me, that it might be something actually odd. That is why I am wondering if everyone else get this the same as I do?

From the standpoint of looking at dreams as a movie script, or movie in action, it makes sense, but I never heard anyone talking about their dream and pointing that out, that's why it might not be common? I don't know.

So the thing is, I noticed, that I have lots of dreams, where I am only an observer. Picture this like me being only a camera for the movie, only a point from which the movie is observed. There is usually some other dream character there, that the story centers on, and the place I/we are at, is tied to that person. At later point, it is possible for me to jump actively into a dream, become like a another character in that dream, actively interacting with the world, or I remember myself jumping into the main lead as well at some point, but what fascinates me the most, is that feeling of being there in a dream, but not being there at all as a dream object. I just seem to float along, watching and observing. I am still directing the dream subconsciously offcourse, it is just that for some time I am not participating in the scrip that is playing ( or least this is how it seems)

Anyone else having dreams like that?

Finding out things like that about my dreams fascinates me, more than what was the story in a dream or what message it was conveying, because it talks to me directly about how my dreams work, and how I behave inside my dreams. For some reason this seems to me, like trying to figure out the reality of dreams itself in some way. Like I also clearly remember many times, how after I made a thought in my mind while dreaming, the dream would change to compensate immediately, because that is what we do all the time, while dreaming. Our thoughts there shape the dream. I was dreaming of a snake slithering past me, and I though oh I better take step back, because I know that if I am calm and back off, the snake will not feel threatened and it will not attack, and it worked, but the next second when I thought, oh cool, that was a bit too simple, the snake turned towards me, and prepared to attack, and it did. Now some person would only tell me the dream from the point of what happened, and would be wondering what the meaning about snake attacking them would be, where as I am not even bothered with that, because I see no deeper meaning in that, because I clearly remember my thoughts there and I know, that my thought is what made the dream change, to compensate, so that is the reason for it. I don't know, it is just fascinating to me to know such things about my dreams, it feels like having deeper understanding of myself, that way.
Old 16-10-2017, 11:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Azmond: Anyone else having dreams like that?
yeah, sure; it's not so uncommon.
Old 16-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E

Thanks! =)
Old 17-10-2017, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
Confirm, both first person view (acting in the dream) and third person view (watching from outside the action) are common. Its also common to switch back and forth even within a single dream.

Note: the 'observer' is also known as the 'watcher'

[advanced] in advanced lucid dreaming, its possible to do both at the same time.